[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: original.jpg (40 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
40 KB, 300x292
last one is die

What's the difference (for health, cooking) between 73% lean ground beef and 93%? 73% is $3/lb and 93% is $5/lb, so I want to know if there's a good reason to spend extra for lean.
>>
>>34979920
Its the lean to fat ratio, what do you have difficulty comprehending anon?
>>
>>34979943
>(for health, cooking)
>>
I've been training for 2 years now. I can only do a two plate bench press. I feel complete shit when I see guys rep 3 plate like it's nothing. I'm already on a plateau despite being on a bulk and I genuilely ask myself what to train for. Should I bother for strength to achieve mediocrity. Help a sad cunt out bros.
>>
>>34979972
Two plate for a single*
I can only rep it for 85-90kg depending on mood.
>>
>>34979963
What are you trying to imply? That something with more fat would be worse health wise to cook? Does it fit your macros? Are you on keto?

Whay are you asking? Does lean beef with more fat cause cancer? Give a hypothetical anon because your question makes no sense
>>
Was looking for a qtddtot

If I'm bulking at 3000 calories (105g fat, 307g carb, and 195g protein) but I'm not even close to weighing 195 pounds, if I were to increase the intake, does it make sense to bump up the protein, or should I just increase fats and carbs? Should I scale down my intake to 1g proton/lb and bump up other macros?
>>
Say you never worked out legs but only upper body for years. Could upper body gains be stalling because you're not training legs?

Basically, does being disproportionate stop muscle growth?
>>
>>34979985
Is fattier ground beef any less healthy than lean ground beef?
Are any considerations needed when using fattier ground beef in place of lean ground beef when cooking?

Shit, son.
>>
>>34979972
If your training for hypertrophy the weight shouldnt matter, if this is the case stop ego lifting. People criticised zyzz for benching babby weights yet said he had the flat pecs of god
>>
>>34980013
>Is fattier ground beef any less healthy
>Is fatty beef unhealthy
>Are fats unhealthy
Read the sticky, google IIFYM and Keto dieting then gtfo.
>>
>>34980053
Stop posting.
>>
>>34980074
Enjoy never making it desu senpai
>>
>>34980053
You obviously don't get his question. He's talking about health and you're reducing food down to macros. Vegetable oil and olive oil have the same fat content, do they have the same health effects?

You're a dumbass and you need to leave this thread.
>>
I asked in a thread a couple days ago about doing

>weighted dips

Because I could rep 10 per set. Someone said wait till you can rep 15, well I did today so what is a good weight to start with for

>weighted dips

And should I progress when I can do 10 reps of that weight?
>>
Are you supposed to touch your chest when benching or just go to "parallel" by parallel I mean like your doing floor bench press you don't touch your chest (obviously if you don't have enormous chest) since you can't go as low as on a flat bench.
>>
I'm cutting, strength is the #2 priority for me. Hit a squat plateau about 3 weeks ago after making VERY slow progress starting ~July. Last 6 weeks or so I haven't gotten ANYWHERE with it, huge plateau. The last 2 weeks I've squatted 3-4 times a week (50/50 front/back), to the point where 2 days ago I couldn't do 90% for a single rep near the end of my workout. Should I just stop being a pussy and power through it, or take time off? Better yet, any squat-specific routines/strength advice would be appreciated

>Brehs I'm so frustrated I know I'm putting in the time I just wanna squat heavy
>Belief I'm gonna make it wavering
>>
What should you do after being sick for a week and unable to exercise?
>>
Hey /fit/ I'm a recovering fatty
I started at 285 back in January and I'm 178 now
I was wondering if I should start getting into creatine
I still plan on losing weight until 160 but I generally workout 5 times a week
I'm 5'8'' manlet if that helps
>>
>>34980187
touch your chest, if you're going for strength especially. Pausing with the weight on your chest helps too
>>
>>34979972
Should've done Starting Strength -> Texas Method to be honest.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>34980153
>comparing vegatable oil to olive oil
>comparing beef to beef
>>
>>34980204
sure theres nothing wrong with creatine, doesnt matter if your cuttin or bulking, from my experience you gain like 1-2lbs, just take 5g everyday, it will help you with 1-2 reps
>>
>>34980188
Your anabolic recovery is reduced and you sound fatigued run a deload week or a week off imho
>>
>>34980204
How old are you?
>>
>>34980218
???
>>
>>34980020
How do I get rid of that mindset? I dont want to leave the gym depressed because I didnt make a PR or had to deload. Its even come to the point I avoid people in the gym because I dont want them to see me fail.
>>
My bench is only at 70KG but my squats are at 140kg. What in the fuck is going on? I've tried everything and I just can't make any progress
>>
>>34980302
What routine have you been doing?
>>
>>34979920
In Poland it indicates the percentage of the meat in product - so in 93% variant you should have 93g of meat in 100g of mince.
>>
>>34980302
Add some decline 3x8-12 bench to your routine. People call it a meme lift but it helped me from 1 to 2 plate in no time.
>>
>>34980291
change your perspective lifting more may be detrimental to building mass if your sacrificing form, isolation and rep ranges just focus on what your doing and how your muscles feel after workouts if your that sure you hit a plateu change workout frequency or switch out exercises
>>
File: 017.jpg (290 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
290 KB, 1280x960
if I cut do you think there is any muscle underneath or will i just end up skelly / stay skinnyfat

5'6" chubby turbomanlet 170lbs

stats
Bench: 185lbs 3x5
DL: 325lbs 1x5
OHP: 115lbs 3x5
Squat: 265lbs 3x5
>>
>>34979972
The best thing I can think of is to work really hard on your triceps. Dips, close grip bench, extensions, skullcrushers.
>>
>>34980313
SS+GOMAD
Also I do running squats on Saturdays.
>>
>>34980302

Stronglifts. Deadlift is at 160kg as well, OHP at 70kg. Bench is the only one that suffers.

>>34980373

Fuck off troll desu
>>
>>34980395
Training back 3x week, training legs 3x week, training chest 2x, training shoulders once.

Whats failing when you bench? Tris shoulders or chest?
>>
>>34980291
im missing fingers in one hand, fingers fused at birth.. i want so badly to lift the biggest but literally cant go heavy... i feel like a tard in the gym because i literally am one.. Its sucks man but ive gotten a lot done with little weights literally going for the 20-30 rep range.. Everyday i try kill that part of me that wonders what people think.. Mostly it works.. Tell yourself that you love yourself and that if what you are doing is a positive for you out of love and tell yourself that you dont care if you look cool
>>
>>34980373

How much weight have you been adding from workout to workout?
>>
If i eat Baken-ets pork skins everyday, will i die? I was looking for a good snack type food that would fit with keto and i was recommended to get some of them by an anon on /fit/ last night and theyre super good, but they seem like they would be unhealthy in the long run because of the sodium and >fried food

opinions?
>>
>>34980432
I think you know the answer to this question anon.
>>
>>34980412

Chest, feel like I just can't do it. It's partly mental, I know that, but it stresses me out and makes me not want to go work out.
>>
I had no motivation to workout today despite having some pwo to try and boost myself through it.
Is 1xf bodyweight squats, pushups and planking an ok alternative until Monday?
>>
>>34980440
im kind of new to this stuff though, as far as keto foods go, ive never eaten pork rinds before now, so i was curious.

I guess i can just offset the sodiu by drinking more water though
>>
>>34980432
Hell those are the only "chip" kinda snack that is worth eating in my opinion, the no carbs is cool... But everyday lol no why not snack on oats instead.. Pretend you are a hungry horse
>>
>>34980163
Start with something like +5kg then pick a number between 5 and infinite reps for progression
>>
>>34980442
Depends what path you wanna go down friend, if you wanna stick with a 3x3 strength split try benching 3x week and dropping ohp, more ss style.
Personally though i found my lifts increased when I switched my main chest compounds into inclines
>>
>>34980474
>oats
>keto
>>
>>34980469
I think you will find yourself feeling pretty sick pretty fast with that much sodium. Look at peanut butter as an alternative. I used to make peanut butter cakes n shit nohomo with little carb
>>
>>34980485

That sounds g8 m8. How do i fit it around the res of the SS routine I'm in?
>>
>>34980275
>>
>>34980516
Keep doing exactly what yoir doing but drop ohp and switch it for bench. If yoir chest is lagging it will catch up, if your shoulders become weak they will fail when you bench then you can throw ohp back in. If you want you can subsitute flat bench for incline db press for a few weeks then go back to flat barbell and monitor any improvement
>>
Is my routine shit? What should I change? Am I overdoing it with two types of rows?
AxBxAxx
A
Bench 3x5
Bench 2x10 (50% of max)
Dips 2x8-12
Squat 3x5
Pendlay rows 3x5
Yates rows 2x8-12
Skull crushers 2x8-12

B
OHP 3x5
OHP 2x10 (50%)
shrugs 2x8-12
DL 1x5
BB-curl 2x10-15
Lateral raises 2x10-12
Please rate its a GSLP modification. are the 50% 2x10 pointless?
>>
File: 1426547760278.jpg (35 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1426547760278.jpg
35 KB, 720x540
>>34980552

Thanks M80, we're all gonna make it brah!
>>
>>34980430
I add 2,5 kg on each lift. On running squats I add 5kg.
>>
>>34980560
>are the 2x10 useless
Short; yes.

Not a fan of much of that desu senpai what are your goals
>>
>>34980515
hmmm, ill take a look at what theyve got the next time i go to the store. also peanut butter cakes? do you have a recipe for those or something?

I just wanted something low/no carb that wasnt too terrible on calories that i could passively snack on while watching a movie or something like that, similar to how people eat potato chips, like i said.

Im just figuring out my options here
>>
>>34980579
>adding weight to running squats
>not naturally adding weight by putting on 5kg/week on gomad
Do you even want to make it brah?
>>
>>34980584
Be stronger than the normies and also look better. Maybe I'll leave the x10 out.
>>
>>34980597
I toyed around with it but pretty much just look up flourless cake recipe or mug cake recipe and dollop in some pb.

Low carb snacks are a tough one but weird advice look up snacks for diabetics. Funniest shit they are hypoglycemic so forced low carb but still want tasty ass snacks. Better than having to pool through pages of dried kale chip shit the instagram fitness industry keepa forcing at us
>>
>>34980621
If your past novice lifts go for a hypertrophy routine, theres enough strength overlap for you to get stronger. If your not past novice or looking to go full bear mode stick with a strength based 5x5
>>
>>34980356
obviously there is muscle you fat faggot, now go cut
>>
>>34980666
Okay, 5x5 it is then.
>>
>>34980695
Good man, youll get better progress and will be able to squat alot more than normies which is only lift that really matters. God speed.
>>
>>34979920

Say my testosterone is on the lower end of normal. Can I still make good gains at the gym if I work really hard, eat right, get enough sleep, etc. etc, or with this low amount of T affect my gains quite a bit?
>>
>>34980731
Within normal range or developmental issues?
>>
>>34980731
yes you can make gains even with low T, now stop making excuses and go lift.
>>
When you wear your lifting shoes for squats, but then also need to do deadlifts that day, do you take a change of shoes with you? Or just wear the shoes for DLs too?
>>
>>34980788
with raised heel, most people would take them off, but desu its not that big problem if you can maintain good form
>>
>>34980816
Ok thanks - my gym strictly forbids doing anything barefoot, so I'll just try to keep them on for now.
>>
>>34980759

Like at 250 or 300 which is lower end of normal. I have no idea if this is where I'm at or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was since I have a small jaw, I'm just curious if it's still possible to make good progress.

>>34980765

Not making excuses, I lift as hard as I can every time. Thanks for answering
>>
>>34980830
Lower end of normal is still normal, you will make gains and weightlifting has the potential to increase natural test levels
>>
Just did a terrible split for 2 and a half months that did nothing for me. Will I get strong and look good if I switch to SS?
>>
Hi /fit/

Squats are starting to become a core only exercise for me. I have not felt anything in my quads.

I have tried deloading etc, it improved my core but for obv reasons my legs have been working even less.

I just wanna have decent sized legs, should I just switch to leg press? I tried it today and felt soreness that I haven't experienced for months....
>>
>bulking
>need a haircut that fits on a chubby face
what do lads?
>>
how often do you have cheat meals? I scheduled 1 a month but I think its too little
>>
How is this PPL for a beginner?

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises
>>
>>34981267
>>34981071
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8BU429MuI
DO YOUR FAHVES

>>34981159
Grow out your hair

>>34981142
Squat to depth or squat more. You're not suppose to feel if, unless you are doing sets till failure at over 140kg at least I doubt you're gonna feel much.
>>
What's the correct form for lateral raises?
>>
>>34981267
Looks pretty good all in all.

If you want to improve it a bit and don't mind things getting complicated, it works well to wave the volume, meaning that you'll start doing a week/cycle with less sets, then a week/cycle as you've written it there, and then follow that up with a week/cycle where you do an additional set on everything (possibly using dropset/restpause or similar technique here on this last extra set). And then back to the easy week. So it terms of volume you go from easy to medium to hard and then repeat.
>>
>>34981318
>You're not suppose to feel if, unless you are doing sets till failure at over 140kg at least I doubt you're gonna feel much.
Dyel? No, seriously, do you even lift? What a load of horseshit.
>>
>>34981178
don't have cheat meals. make food you like, if you don't like what you're eating then try some new food and recipes, cooking isn't hard. If you do this you won't get bored of your food your cravings will go away. If you do cheat then do it with a snack instead of destroying one of your healthy meals and limit it to once a week and 100-200 calories.
>>
>>34981318
>Grow out your hair
my hair curls so right now my hair is kinda gross

there's this guy in my classes who I see at the gym a lot and he has nice long hair (no homo) and I want that, but I don't know if my hair would look good
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 480x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 480x1600
Does cardio REALLY kill gains???
>>
>>34981384
I love my diet, I just a lasagna or a roll of sushi for a change man.
>>
Should I feel some lower back doms after deadlifts? If not I'll have to review my form
>>
Asked in other thread but no luck
i can only do like 3 pullups
should i do my pullups on the assisted machine? None of the bars in my gym are convenient for negatives at all. With 20 lbs assistance i hit 2x6 pretty consistently but progression has been admittedly slow.
>>
>>34981421
Doms is fine, joint pain is not.
I think
>>
>>34981402
Only if youre a retard and dont replace all the calories you burn
>>
>>34981413
lasagna (from scratch) and sushi aren't necessarily unhealthy foods and can be incorporated into a healthy diet. Most sushi is literally just rice and fish, which are both fine. for lasagna, weigh out the ingredients and get an estimate for how many calories are in each portion and adjust your diet for that day accordingly. store-bought lasagna would actually be fine too if not for the sodium and the fact that lasagna made from fresh ingredients tastes better anyway and is cheaper.
>>
>>34979920
For chicken, I almost always I buy Birds Eye (it's cheap). Is there anything I should be aware of about it? Like, is there anything shitty in there?

Also, dumb question... is there any difference between "oats" and "oatmeal"?
>>
since im on the right thread, how much is a plate? what is the standard that you use to say 1 plate, 2 plates?
>>
For a beginner who can't squat, would this be an ok routine?

Workout A:
3x5 Deadlifts
5x5 Bench Press
5x5 Bent Over Rows
5x10 Lateral Dumbell Raise

Workout B:
3x5 Deadlifts
5x5 OHP
5x5 Bent Over Rows
5x10 Barbell Shrugs

AxBxAxB
>>
>>34981745
At least do lunges for leg development
>>
>>34981731
45 lb
>>
I have some problems and I have an appointment with an endocrinologist to assess my suspicions about having legit hypothyroidism symptoms.

Where can I get information about dosing my medication by myself?

I am looking at the possibility, that my levels will be assessed by comparing me to an average, sick people included.
Maybe I will need to adjust it manually until I am feeling better, because most docs I know are pig headed.
>>
>>34981812
I work in retail and am on my feet constantly and bike to school/work every day so I'm already T-rex mode as is...
>>
>>34979920

health, it changes your macros and caloric content
73% is higher calories, higher fat per weight
93% is more protein, less fat, less calories per weight

more fat to cook out as well in the 73%
you should be able to get a good chunk of the fat out if you cook it on a george foreman grill

depends on how you want your macros I guess, lots of saturated fat over time is bad for your heart though
>>
>>34981435
Nah just keep doing as many pullups as you can, and once you hit failure, just keep trying your hardest to make it for a few seconds. You'll pick up a few more reps in no time.
>>
Im at my parents house this thanksgiving week and all I have is a set of 10 pound dumbbells, an exercise bike, and a pull up bar, what should I do with those to get the best workout possible /fit/?
>>
I got a PT and he told me to do a 4 day split. He told me to do different exercises in a different order every week, do all sets to failure, and go down by 5 pounds or so if I didn't do enough reps on the last set. Is this a good plan?

Also, how long do I wait in between sets?
>>
>>34979920
can penicillin cure me of chlamydia/gonnorhea/possible urinary infection?
>>
>>34981384
>>34981178
I have a cheat meal scheduled once a month so my GF and I can go out to eat and i dont have to be super picky about the menu, get dessert, etc. Feels good and helps me manage my cravings
>>
How do I tell if letrozole is legit?
>ordered from researchpeptides.eu
>took one day to ship
>tastes a bit like vodka or something else
Is there any way to tell?
>>
What's a decent amount of weight for a beginner to lose in a week?

also isn't these types of threads a /g/ thing
>>
I've had a back injury for 2 years. No doctor is any help. I've went to 6 and they all have no fucking idea what's wrong with it. Stretching and RICE helps for a few weeks then it comes back worse and worse. Foam rolling doesn't do much. Mark Rippletoe's treatment doesn't work either. Nothing works. Chiropractors make it worse . What do I do from here?
>>
I know both are memes, but gun to your head SL or SS? Or which is better for squat progression
>>
File: LegMuscles-names.jpg (104 KB, 566x742) Image search: [Google]
LegMuscles-names.jpg
104 KB, 566x742
i have problems doing side lunges.
Mostly, my right leg has a tightness around there and is easily fatigues, I don't even have the power to do more than 3-4 reps each side... :^(
>>
how do you guys deal with muscle soreness
>>
File: LegMuscles-names.jpg (135 KB, 566x742) Image search: [Google]
LegMuscles-names.jpg
135 KB, 566x742
>>34982228
>>
my family, myself included, is going to visit some relatives in January. I'll be gone for at least a week with no gym access. I'm also on a cut. What can I do do minimize muscle loss during that time? Should I just eat at maintanence for the time that I'm there to be on the safe side?
>>
>>34979985
You are absolutely retarded
>>
>>34982240
Ice and rest
Cold showers
Stretch
>>
>>34982240
Are you just starting?
Muscle soreness decrease a lot after the first wee, and you will stop paying it attention after the first month.
>>
>>34982207
SS is better for squat progression but I personally like SL > SS
>>
So /fit/, when I was growing up a lot of my close friends were girls and I didn't have strong father figure in my life so now my mannerisms and voice to a smaller degree are kind of feminine, how do I fix this? Just hang out guys more often?
>>
Tried and proven forearm exercises? My wrists are genetically fucked and I need to beef up my forearms as a result, looking for 2 exercises to add into my routine a couple times a week.
>>
>>34982325
yes
>>
>>34981845
Not strength training. Youre only trex mode because your upper body is tiny, trust me. You will still need to work legs.
>>
>>34982325
just let them fuck you
>>
>>34982376
bump?
>>
Fat is good. Calories are good.

Lean or fatty, depends on the recipe

Moderation. Control yourself.

>>
3x5 chest
3x5 pull ups
3x5 squats
curls for the girls

Is this ok for beginner if I eat a fuck ton?
>>
I think I'm lactose intolerant. what do?

also, if I continue to eat food high in protein can I damage my intestines? does it mean my body is unable to break down protein?
>>
is it possible compensate for being poor and boring?
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 960x960
Am I making the type of progress I should be?

Started 3 1/2 months ago.
>>
So what's a good accessory for building chest strength and size? Arnold swears by flys but the Athlean-X guy says that flys aren't better than other chest exercises in any way. I already do dips, but I don't think that's enough.
>>
>>34982689
Are you ugly?

If yes... seek alcohol.

But for real. There are plenty of poor & boring girls out there who want your D. It just so happens you may have to lower your standards.

High test, isn't a joke. A man with high testosterone & little options will fuck what he can get.

Just no ugly boring kids, pls.
>>
Spooky skeleton here, working on bodyweight shit, my left arm has always been a bit smaller due to i guess playing sports as a kid? idk, whatever. Will it ever cause problems if I don't level it out, or should I just not really give a fuck
>>
Is Modafinil worth 2 bucks a pop?

Have problems with sleep and focus, I've heard great things about it. Tried alternatives, thinking about pulling the trigger on it.
>>
>>34982721
yes, but take all your photos without a pump, you'll thank yourself in 2 years time .
>>
How can I convince people that I'm not on steroids?

How can I convince people I'm natty?

Fust on facebook.
>>
>>34982675
Lactose is the sugar in milk. Nothing to do with the protein.

Almond milk, cashew milk, lactose free milk are all viable options to replace regular milk in your diet. Some people report anecdotal evidence of pro-biotics helping to alleviate, or even 'cure' lactose intolerance, so you might look into that.

Too much protein can be hard on your liver, and /fit/s standards are probably excessive for a natty. Nothing your body can't handle, but probably not optimal. Many studies have been performed and found that ~.67g protein per pound of lean muscle mass is the absolute upper limit of what your body can utilize as a natty.

If you're worried about your colon/ intestines, limit red meats to 1-2 times a week, as links have been found to colon cancer. Honestly just get enough leafy greens and water, you should be alright.
>>
>>34982823
as long as they get the same amt of attention you'll be fine
>>
D-d-does anybody get heart palpations after huge bulking meals? I've gotten it a few times in the last few days during my first real bulk. I feel completely fine when lifting and doing cardio, its just for a while after eating.
>>
>>34982376
Farmer walks with plates pinched between your fingertips.
No accessories (straps, etc) or funny grips with your deadlifts. Double overhand only.

Maybe look into picking up some fat grips.
>>
>>34983262
Thanks
>>
>>34982764
do men have marketable traits outside of rich, exciting, pretty?
>>
Is it normal for me to gain around 4 pounds and drop a shirt and pants size? Fatty on a cut here.

Bonus question: At what point does "BMI is bullshit" start being legitimate (ex: The Rock) and not just a fatty excuse.
>>
Im going to missouri for a week and wont have access to a gym or weights. I have been making steady gains with a 4 day split routine and really want to cash in on the gains from all the turkey i am gonna eat. What should I do to work out and continue bulking, witb no gym or weights?
>>
Been lifting for three years. After my last three workouts, I've gotten home and sat down to relax and suddenly felt the need to shit. Each time it's been a complete evacuation of my bowels.

I'm pretty positive that it has to do with exercise. I even took a shit today before working out, and as soon as I got home and sat down I felt the shits coming on again. Obviously there was less volume than usual, which just seems to emphasize that it's a response to exercise. Like my guts are just emptying out as soon as I let go of the tension from working out.

This has never happened before that I can remember. Any ideas what could be going on? I literally have no other symptoms. No cramps, no reduced appetite, no feelings of indigestion. I just get home from the gym, relax, and immediately have to run to the bathroom to blast liquid feces from my asshole. Maybe I just need to relax more at the gym?
>>
How do I fix knock knees?
Also, how to get rid of a fucking face sun tan?
>>
Does over-training impact libido?
>>
>>34979920
73% is higher in fat and calories but it tastes better.

Health wise it shouldn't matter as long as you fit it into your macros.

Some people might be concerned about saturated fat but as long as you aren't using ground beef as your sole protein source you should be fine.

In the context of a well balanced and varied diet a little saturated fat isn't a problem.
>>
File: Carl_Brutananadilewski.png (76 KB, 246x385) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Brutananadilewski.png
76 KB, 246x385
I'm Squatting 225 and DL'ing 245 in my 8th week on SS, started on 115 Squat and 115 DL.
How long can I expect to keep increasing in increments of 10 for my linear gains?
162lb 5'10
>>
What do you guys think of frozen vegetables? Easy and practical or a waste of time?
>>
>>34979920
Anyone know where I can get clothes like coats that fit 17" arms?

Body is 5'10", 180lbs.

There has to be a site or a brand for people with similar bodies.
>>
Does the kind of Vitamin K2 matter for potentiating D3? I found some cheapish K2, but it's alalfa and not natto so it's probably not mq7. Planning on 100mcg of K and 5000 iu of D.
>>
Can someone post starting ass?
>>
File: Starting Ass.png (120 KB, 1129x421) Image search: [Google]
Starting Ass.png
120 KB, 1129x421
>>34983966
Here you go.
>>
File: ASS.jpg (122 KB, 1263x766) Image search: [Google]
ASS.jpg
122 KB, 1263x766
>>34983972
pls
>>
>>34983886

Look into Russian military surplus
>>
one of my arms is longer then the other and my shoulder doesn't have a full range of motion

had a non malignant tumor infect the growth plate growing up and i't sshorter.

should i care it only is kinda weird doing dumbbell OHP and holding the barbell a little uneven while bench pressing.
>>
>>34983993
Eh, both versions seem fine. The one I posted is more well rounded but the one you posted seems better for someone who only cares about ass and doesn't care about their upper body at all.
>>
Seriously guys who is chad?
>>
>>34984036

he is the potential for greatness inside us all
>>
File: 1080PGhostCapture.gif (463 KB, 400x351) Image search: [Google]
1080PGhostCapture.gif
463 KB, 400x351
>>34979920
oh shit, it's rippletits!
Someone hide my milk!
>>
I'm having trouble increasing on bench press. Currently I shoot for 5 sets of 5. Right now I can do the first two sets at 155, but after that I need to lower the weights. I do 145 for the last three sets.

I've been stuck on this for like 2.5 weeks now. I don't get any DOMS in my chest, which tells me I'm not working hard enough. But if I add weight above 155, I just can't get the bar up. What do?

Do I need to be taking sets to failure all the time? Increase volume? Deload?
>>
My traps look bitchy and flat when my arms hang. Whenever I move my shoulder though, they become mountains. What's the deal? Why don't they look big when I'm relaxed?
>>
>>34983042
That's really cheap for some areas.

Buy a few and if you like them, buy as much as you can afford.
I took it for two years for depression until my insurance company told me go to fuck myself.
Now I'm kill.
>>
are t b h / s m h / f a m going to be unfiltered in a near future? my quality of life has deminished a lot since they removed them.

The sad part is that I'm like 50% serious
>>
File: 1433557230675.png (670 KB, 737x691) Image search: [Google]
1433557230675.png
670 KB, 737x691
Do green tea extract pills really help lose weight?
My friend said it helped him but im a bit skeptic. Wouldnt it also boost estrogen?
>>
Pec flies or cable flies which one is better for chest development?
>>
>>34983833
They are just as good as fresh veggies. Don't fall for mom memes.

>>34984185
Genetics and lame upper trap fibers?
Most traps are like that, unless you have the right genes, and/or pin your ass.
>>34984214
Nope. Not to any significant degree. If it has a high enough amount of caffeine, you could stack it with ephedrine and aspirin though.
>>34984217
Subjective, but cable flys/crossovers feel great, and can be better if you don't like the feeling of chest flys.
>>
>>34984166

those last three sets at 145 aren't doing a whole lot for you.

Take a couple days off from bench. When you start up again, try Volume x Rest x Intensity.

First workout day: deload to 145 and do your 5x5.

Second day: do a couple sets of deloaded OHP (should be easy to complete)

Third day: do 1x5 at 155. This should be easy to complete because you've done many sets of 5 at 155 before.

Then, next bench week, repeat the same thing, but bump up your weights by 5 lbs. So your volume day has you doing 5x5 at 150, and your intensity day has you do 1x5 at 160.

By breaking up the volume and intensity like this, you should be able to progress past this sticking point. Just start with weights you know you can handle and advance from there.
>>
Why do most guides say 3x5 on compounds but like 3x10 on the extra stuff like Lat pulldown? If high weight low rep is the most efficient way to go about it, why does it change on different lifts?
>>
>>34984266

3x5 is an efficient rep range for increasing strength, 3x10 is an efficient rep range for hypertrophy (which, in turn, will shore up your compounds as you fill in areas that are not directly targeted by compounds but are nonetheless recruited by and supportive of the movement)
>>
Why did my Cardio and weighlifting coach back in highschool make everyone do 5x10 on every lift?
>>
>>34984277

Thanks anon. Another question, my fat ass can only do like 2.5 pull ups. I tried negatives but it just feels awkward and I'm not making much progress. Is lat pulldown a viable alternative until I can crank out something like 3x10 pull-ups?
>>
>>34984304

It was probably easier for him to prescribe 5x10 all around instead of going through the effort of giving varying rep ranges for each lift, especially when he was dealing with novices who still needed to learn the movements in the first place. This is assuming he attempted to coach form
>>
>>34984304

My football coach never once suggested doing squats.

Maybe they get off on managing to get a bunch of people together just to lose.
>>
>>34984316
Pull ups are weird.
The best thing you can do is get a pullup bar at home, the kind that fits on a doorway.
I was a fatty fat and eventually worked up to 10 from two.
>>34984332
We did the big three, but only occasionally. The rest of the time he just had us running and fucking around with the machines.
>>
>>34984316

Personally I feel that if you can do pull-ups, you should do pull-ups. You know you can knock out two, so do two, rest awhile, and repeat a few times. Like 3-5 sets total. Work on having solid form and make sure that those two pullups feel and look really good. Over the course of several weeks aim to add a third pullup, and a fourth, etc.

The lat pulldown can be used in place of the pullup, but I feel like the pullup is just an all around better exercise to the point where you should do them if you can, even if the rep range is small. You will eventually be able to do more.
>>
>>34983599>>34983599
M8s please reply
>>
>>34984392

Make family gain breh, just go full steam when you get back.
>>
>>34984392

Are there no gyms in the area that you're going to? A lot of gyms offer day passes for a reasonable rate. Search around and see if the town you're going to has one.

Otherwise, unless you feel like squatting your relatives and doing pullups in a doorway, you might be out of luck. Acquire some mass, it'll come in handy eventually.
>>
File: smugpe.png (234 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
smugpe.png
234 KB, 619x406
>370 calories
>21g fat
>28g carb
>20g protein
>per slice

BREHS
should I just eat pizza all of the time while bulking?
>>
>>34981845

If you're that worried about overdeveloped quads then at least do front squats. They have a lot of carryover to other lifts and at least your legs will be getting some work.
>>
>>34984428

If it's made with good ingredients and you're getting plenty of fruit and veg (leafy greens particularly), I don't see why not. Drink plenty of water because it's probably high in sodium. I'd also recommend taking breaks from it occasionally just to make sure your diet stays varied
>>
>>34982157

how strong/flexible are your glutes and hams? what was the nature of the back injury?
>>
Help! I can't fucking progress on OHP. It's been a month. I've deloaded and worked back up. I'm eating more, gaining a solid lb a week. My nutrition's pretty spot on. I sleep enough, and take preworkout and creatine. All my other lifts are progressing alright. It's really pissing me off. Is the fact that I always bench first exhausting my shoulders too much? Wat do?
>>
>>34984392
It is one week.
Cry about it some more.
>>
>>34984456

>good ingredients
>pizza hut

not sure
and yeah each slice has like 1000mg of sodium
>>
I currently squat high bar, but I was thinking of switching to front squats to keep from aggravating an old back injury and to help drive my olympic lifts.

What exercises should I incorporate to compensate for switching from back squats to front squats? I already snatch & clean, but I avoid deadlifting heavy as per the back injury.
>>
File: 1444620201070.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444620201070.webm
1 MB, 640x640
What is the bench/ohp ratio on average? If I can bench bodyweight, what would relative ohp be?

Also, who is pic related
>>
>>34984475

Yeah I dunno about that. I don't mean to sound like a snob but be wary of regularly consuming pizza from commercial pizza places.

>>34984476

When I switched to front squats I also incorporated straight back stiff-legged DLs, because when performed correctly they target the glutes and hams. There is some lower back involvement, so since you have an old back injury I would recommend starting super light with them (like just the bar) and seeing how it feels. I usually do it off a squat rack so that I don't have to pick the bar up off the platform
>>
>>34984512
I OHP 205 and bench around 255, but I have shitty pec insertions and don't bench often.

Am interested in your pic related tho
>>
>>34984467

Yeah I would recommend switching the OHP to a different day, if not alternating between a bench-focused week and an OHP-focused week
>>
>>34984557
stats?
>>
>>34984594
Bench 195 lbs
Rows 165 lbs
Squat lmao 225lbs
And OHP 115 lbs

I guess I could do shoulders on one of my leg days and see if that helps.
>>
>>34984594

250 lbs bench
170 lbs ohp

175 lbs bw
>>
>>34984612
All 4x6
>>
>>34984612

what's your routine like?
>>
>>34984627
Lyle McDonald's Basic hypertrophy. So basically and upper/lower split. ULXXULX. So I do bench, then rows, then OHP, then flys, pull ups, and arm accessories all on one day.
>>
>>34984651

OHP can be a finicky lift, and no program will guarantee linear progress forever, even if you're following it exactly as written. It might be time for a slight tweak. If you want to keep the same general routine but really want your OHP to improve, you could try doing it first instead of third in line.

You may also benefit from changing the OHP to a different day, or altering the program / changing programs.

Does your program have any kind of built-in advice for how to deal with a stuck lift? You mentioned that you attempted to deload and work back up, but that didn't correct it. If everything else is going fine, that's typically a sign that you need to change things up in your routine.
>>
>>34984512
I've heard that your overhead press should be 60 to 65 percent of your bench press.

For someone who benches 315 lbs that works out to 189 to 205 lbs. Sounds about right to me assuming that they treat the OHP as a main lift and not an accessory.

If you only do it as an accessory that ratio will probably be closer to 55 to 60 percent.
>>
>>34984703
The routine starts with a 2 week build up with with comfortable weight and then pushing the weight for 6 weeks. Then deload for 2 weeks, push for 6, repeat. So I figured after the 2 week deload I'd make some gains but that wasn't the case. I guess I've always had this thing about doing bench first since it's one of those lifts everyone wants to improve on, and I know for sure if I do OHP first it'll affect my bench. But I might switch it up and do OHP, Rows, and then Incline bench one day a week. Do you think that's a reasonable idea?
>>
>>34984730

Give it a shot, it could work. Ultimately a strength-focused routine is what will get you those quick strength gains, but you can get the hypertrophy you want and still advance in both the OHP and the bench press if you break them up into separate days/weeks. Overhead work will also improve your bench.
>>
Is it normal to have a weak side? My left side is noticeably weaker (I am a righty, so I expect a slight difference) particularly with shoulder press. I am new to lifting, will this work itself out?
>>
>>34984802
Thanks brah. I'm mostly after the hypertrophy gains. Still, it's pretty frustrating progressing so slowly on a lift.
>>
>>34984822

Muscular imbalances are common, yes. For some trainees these will correct themselves if they have good body awareness and intuitively know how to apply strength evenly across a barbell. Otherwise it's something you should pay attention to and try to correct. The fact that you've noticed it now is a good sign. If you find yourself cheating frequently while pressing a barbell (i.e. relying on your right side to push up the bar, and having your left side just follow along) consider occasionally doing dumbbell work. This will force both sides to push the same load and can help one side "catch up" with the other if it's been lagging behind in strength.

That said, it's common to have a dominant side, even though you may be generally well-balanced.
>>
is there something in my routine I can do to specifically improve vascularity?
>>
>>34984870
Thanks!
>>
Should I take my scoop of casein before bed even if I'm not weight lifting the next day? Just finished doing back.
>>
>hyperfuck my shoulder in judo 4 weeks ago
>go to doctor yesterday
>"anon no lifting for 3 months"
>fuck

Basically how do I work out every muscle that isn't my shoulders?

I'm thinking squats, preacher curl, wrist curls, etc.
>anon but what about your lats or your shoulders or rear delts
fuck off I need to lift just fucking anything
>>
>>34985120

if your not gonna follow your doctors advice to the letter then just stop following it completely
>>
>>34985120
I feel your pain. Fucked up my shoulder and was out for a month. It was all legs all the time but no bars. Had to stick to machines
>>
>>34985120

How hyperfucked are we talking? Also 3 months won't be that bad. Don't do anything with your arms, the problem with a shoulderfuck is that basically everything in your arm is connected to it, including your biceps, so even curls could tug at a damaged part of the shoulder.

Squats can aggravate the shoulder as well due to the awkward position of the arms when getting the bar on your back. You might be able to do front squats, but the safest route would honestly be the leg press. You can also do hip abductions and adductions (sparingly) to prepare you for squats and DLs once your shoulder is healed.

I would avoid doing things that could potentially put pressure on the shoulder joint, so bridges (lying on your back) and calf raises (weight on your shoulders or in your hands, unless you can figure out another way to do it) are out.

You could do core work, just be very careful about not straining the shoulder.
>>
>>34980413
Which fingers are fused and to what extent? If you could give a picture and tell me exactly what your problem areas are regarding lifting, I may be able to help you out, brother.
The hand you were dealt may make the round more difficult, but that doesn't mean you should fold immediately. You just need the mindset that lets you play your garbage hand (didn't mean that to be a pun, I swear) to its best.
You can have a routine that works with your disability but still produces results.
Aside from that you just have to work on the introspective side. i have a buddy that just lost his dominant arm at work. Way worse than some fused fingers. But he still kept working after he healed, then ended up with a very nice qt3.14, bought a sick as fuck Corvette, and that dude is doing great. Happy as fuck. Wonderful man that doesn't let his disability get him down, and people fucking LOVE that shit. Aim for that.
>>
>>34985198
I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but the doctor said it was a microtear. I had an ultrasound right after so they're still processing it to really get a look at what's wrong with me.

I'm still cutting so should I like ramp up the cardio? I'm thinking of doing c25k or trying out a cycling program

Thanks guys!
>>
Fatty here (130kg) I've been going to the gym for 1 month and only did cardio now I asked the gym instructor to start lifting and he gave me this routine
Chest Press Machine, Vertical Lat, Low Row, Lat, and Fly dumbbells standing all of this 3x15
I was wondering what you guys think about it
>>
>>34984465
Very weak at first, getting much better. I deadlifted with wrong form. Entirely my fault.
>>
>>34980188
>cutting, strength is the #2 priority for me

This is the answer to your post. You cannot expect gains while cutting.
>>
Looking to get into street cycling. Former land whale, fat af. Down over 100 lbs in 18 months but stalled around 340 lbs. Walking, portioning etc. just not cutting it anymore. Used to love biking when i was younger so thought that might be a nice change of pace.

A few hangups I have when it comes to getting one: I'm still a big guy so I want something durable (leaning towards a mountain bike). I'm a tall guy 6'6" so I'm wondering if the 27" bikes you can get at Walmart/Target will be sufficient. Also pricing limited so Craig's list or Walmart are my affordable options. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
>>
What's a good way to store my chalk?
>>
I had a dream last night that I was trying to fuck a chubby/bordering fat girl. W-what is wrong with me /fit/?
>>
If i'm lifting solely for the weight loss do I need rest days?
>>
>>34985996
Could always buy a rock climbing chalk bag.
Usually under 20$ and have a draw string attached.
Can also get bouldering chalk buckets which are large fabric chalk bags
>>
>>34985895
i think your best bet would be to go to /n/ and ask them.
>>
>>34982085
Your doctor can.
I know it can be expensive in the US, but do NOT toy with your health. Go see a doctor. Maybe there`s a sexual health clinic for poor people in your area. You want this to be deal with professionally.
>>
File: 1413263592183.jpg (124 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1413263592183.jpg
124 KB, 640x1136
When am I supposed to switch routine? I have been doing sl for a few months now, my squat is just a few sessions away from 3 plate, ohp is also close to 1 plate, bench and diddies are a bit further away from 2 plate and 4 plate respectively but they are going up without any trouble since I fixed my form on them. Squats are starting to feel a bit difficult increasing 2.5kg every session though, I failed a few sets at 130kg so I deloaded to 120 but I don't know if I should start looking to change routine when I can still milk the other 3 lifts without any trouble. Change something for squat only or deload and simply continue? I can't wait for 4/3/2/1 brehs, wanna try one of them intermediate routines.
>>
is rest pause training bro science or no?
>>
>>34986865
Continue until linear progression stops.
By the sounds of it you can just continue and deload.
>>
>>34981435
Buy a pull up bar and do half of your max every hour.
>>
File: IMG-20151107-WA0014.jpg (44 KB, 700x674) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151107-WA0014.jpg
44 KB, 700x674
>>34986878
Thanks breh, I'll keep on sucking the tit of stronglifts
>>
What's more important dumbbell lateral raises or dumbbell rear lateral raises?
I already have barbell and dumbbell OHP in my routine
>>
File: TWaAsAO.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
TWaAsAO.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>34986865
you're almost at 4/3/2/1 after only a few months? tfw 4 months in and barely halfway there and lifts are difficult as shit. kill me now.
>>
>>34986933 I'm on the same boat Anon, depends on if you have any fitness related background. I was fat as fuck and never lifted before and after 6 months (but didn't do SS nor SL, and I squat only twice a week back/front squat) my stats are basically half away from the 1/2/3/4, no worries we are all going to make it.
>>
is deadlift a back movement or a leg?
>>
I'm 20% bodyfat and I've been eating 1000 calories a day for a week so far. Is 1000 an effective amount to eat on a long term basis for fat loss or will it eventually slow my metabolism?
>>
>>34987015
u better with PSMF or with carb cycling if you want fast results, otherwise just down your cal intake -500cal from your TDEE.
>>
Hey,

What is a good intermediate bodybuilding routine to transition into from SS/TM?
>>
>>34987025
So how long should I do an extreme fast before I slow down to -500cal
>>
>>34987061
pls
>>
In the SS routine its says "3x5 Press" on workout A and "3x5 Bench Press" on workout B

If it's no the same what is meant by Press?
>>
>>34987127
Press = Overhead Press (OHP)

http://startingstrength.com/articles/learning_press_rippetoe.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
>>
>>34979985
This is fucking stupid. If you don't know the answer, don't respond.

Different percentages of fat in ground beef make the meat cook differently. You wouldn't use 93% beef to make a burger, and it would be useless to use 73% to make bolognaise.
>>
>>34987171
Thanks man. Have a nice day
>>
>>34987178
np, you too!
>>
File: shock08.jpg (37 KB, 330x250) Image search: [Google]
shock08.jpg
37 KB, 330x250
does muscle soreness the day after a workout mean invariably that you're burning more resting calories?
>>
>>34987322
nope
>>
>>34987322
They have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>34987342
>muscles being repaired don't require more calories to be burned

explain
>>
>>34987359
>>muscles being repaired don't require more calories to be burned
that's not what he said.
>>
>>34986875
plz respond
>>
>fucked gf raw a couple times
>restless anxiety ever since

fuck f.am it wasn't worth it, how fucked am I?

pulled out well before but apparently that's not enough
>>
>>34987359
Go back to reddit you hump.
>>
>>34987322
DOMS is your muscles in shock after being worked out, out of the blue.
However yes, after a workout your TDEE is raised as your body uses extra calories to repair muscles.
>>
>>34987362
Oh sorry I forgot that I did mention I have an incredibly rare disease that causes my muscles to not repair themselves after a workout.

Retard.
>>
>>34987412
Holy shit you're stupid, Soreness (aka DOMS) is merely a sign that your body did something new. It is not an indicator of anything else, especially the quality (or lack thereof) of your workout.

Go fucking kill yourself so I don't have to see your spastic posts in this thread again, """Retard""".
>>
>>34987438
>Holy shit you're stupid, Soreness (aka DOMS) is merely a sign that your body did something new. It is not an indicator of anything else

No anon, you're the stupid one.
>>
>>34987447
Oh okay, good point.
>>
>>34987376
Rest-pause does what it's supposed to do. I personally like it more than other techniques such as dropsets.

Like all density techniques it's not something you should be using all the time (unless you're doing a super low volume routine such as DC Training).
>>
>>34987468
I see, im using reg parks beginner program. so i suppose ill do it every 2-3 weeks, sounds ok?
>>
>>34987495
Rest-pause doesn't work well with 5's. With such heavy weights there's a relatively big risk of form break-down and that you'll hurt yourself.
But what you could do if you insist on trying out RP, is either use it on your assistance exercises only, or add 1 back-off set of around 10 reps to your compound lifts after you've completed your 5s and then do RP on that set.

Every 3-4 weeks should be OK.
>>
>>34987175
What the fuck does ground beef have to do with bologna?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.