[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to untrain yourself by exercising? Wtf is going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1436121416651.png (260 KB, 803x790) Image search: [Google]
1436121416651.png
260 KB, 803x790
Is it possible to untrain yourself by exercising?
Wtf is going on, I'm a skellington, I do some basic stuff like pushups and dumbell exercises at home, instead of becoming stronger the last few days I struggle more with the same sets I've been doing.
I've not been eating less, I've actually been eating more these days, I don't feel any pain in my muscles either.
>>
>>34979226
You are obviously not doing it right. I suggest you go back to /a/ and stop lifting.
>>
>>34979259
k thanks but im not from /a/ though
>>
>>34979226
Well what are your workouts like?
What's your week-week schedule? What kinds of exercises? How many reps and sets? Do you take long pauses in between sets? How are you performing the exercises?
What are you eating more of exactly, and how much more?
There's a lot to consider.
>>
Are you eating right?
>>
I suggest you read the sticky
more importantly learn about proper forms and routines and improve you diet senpai
>>
>>34979648
I know I'm not doing the best stuff but I can't go to a gym cause I'm constantly moving
I was taking ~5 min pauses but a friend of mine who lifts a lot told me to take much shorter pauses so now I do 60 seconds timed on my phone
basically I do the same exercises every day (I know it's not the best idea) just some pushups, shoulder flys, curls, bend over rows, 3x20 for everything except flys where it is 7-5-3, I can't do less than 20 because I don't have access to heavier weights, again because I move between two cities I'm hesitant to invest in weights that I'll be able to use only half of the time
I eat as much as I can, probably still not enough but that's about all I can say
preparing, acquiring and eating food is basically my main concern (not that I have many concerns in general), I usually plan 2-3 days ahead with what my meals for a day will be so it's not like I don't pay attention to eat but it's still a lot of time and money and my appetite is miniscule so I can't be doing 6 meals a day or anything crazy like that
I usually have a decently sized portion for lunch and dinner with small things inbetween and later at night
>>
>>34979722
>average home gym /fit/izen
>>
>>34979678
trust me I've read the sticky about 4 or 5 times in the last 4 years
I try to maintain proper form with all the exercises I do
>>
>>34979722
>I usually have a decently sized portion for lunch and dinner with small things inbetween and later at night

That's not a measure of how much you eat. Count your fucking calories.

Your routine looks like shit too. If you can't go to a gym or invest in weights, you can at least do a decent bodyweight routine. Don't try making your own routine if you're a noob, just use a good premade full body routine.
>>
>>34979839
>do a decent bodyweight routine
well for example the sticky had nothing on this, it only had links to stuff like start strength which is for lifting
>Count your fucking calories
what is the fucking point when I am already eating as much as possible? It's not like I'll look at my calories and think "oh man that's not enough, I should add another meal or something".
>>
you people need to check your gym privilege
some of us don't have the time ore money to go to a gym
>>
>>34979861
Use google maybe, also if you cannot eat more food than you can eat then you need to get out
>>34979866
Get the fuck out
>>
>>34979861
delusion delusion delusion
You are eating LESS than you think, THATS WHY

Also you can not do the same exercises everyday, thats why you're getting weaker.
Imagine your muscles like your hand.
If you trub sand paper on it everyday, its going to get fucked, but if you rub sandpaper on it once, let it callus, then rub again and again with rest, itll eventually become hard and tough to break.
>>
>>34979888
>if you cannot eat more food than you can eat
not sure what you're saying here, I already forcefeed myself, I eat more than I WANT to eat, I eat more than is required to make me full so what's the deal?
>>
>>34979861
Building the gymnastic body.

Google it.

And yes. That's what you fucking do. That's the fucking point of counting calories. If you're not hitting your mark, you sit down and eat more even if you're already sick.

Otherwise, add more calorie dense food to your meals. Seriously, once you know how to add calories you need to count, because its way too easy to get up over 4000 when you only need like 3000.

Seriously. Eating is the easiest thing in the world.
>>
>>34979906
WEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK PPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFF SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>34979903
>Also you can not do the same exercises everyday, thats why you're getting weaker.
only helpful response so far
should I just do the same thing but only once every 2 days or split up the exercises between two days? the latter wouldn't make sense cause there's very little stuff I can do, a 10 minute workout isn't so appealing
>You are eating LESS than you think, THATS WHY
sure, that still doesn't change what I said, I eat as much as possible
whether that is 4000 thousand calories or 400 and whether I think it is 4000 or 400 doesn't matter cause I eat as much as possible

and stop being so aggressive, I'm not delusional otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help
what you're doing (not you, the people in this board in general) is just dismiss me because you have everything sorted in your own life and think that anyone who isn't doing it right like you is just being lazy or stubborn
>>
>>34979906
Because being full is a mental perception.

Measure your meals and COUNT YOUR FUCKING CALORIES

I GUARANTEE you will find out you're eating a lot less than you thought
>>
>>34979938
You are both lazy, stubborn, and delusional.

You can train yourself to eat more. You can find more ways to fit more calories in the same volume of food. You count calories to ensure its enough.

'As much as I can' is not a measure, because you're still going to be able to get more calories in.
>>
>>34979861
>well for example the sticky had nothing on this, it only had links to stuff like start strength which is for lifting

GymnasticBodies Foundation, Start Bodyweight, /r/bodyweight Recommended Routine

Pick your poison.

>what is the fucking point when I am already eating as much as possible? It's not like I'll look at my calories and think "oh man that's not enough, I should add another meal or something".

What everyone else already told you.
>>
>>34979965
could you please humor me for a second and describe to me what you eat on an average day?
>>
>>34979938
Wait at least 48 hours before working each muscle group.
Also, try eating some more calorie dense food, if you havent already, get a protein shake (mass gainer) they're like 10000 calories a serving.
>>
How about you read the sticky.
>>
If you don't set tangible goals and count your calories you're not going to make it.
>>
>>34980008
Not the guy you were talking to but I was a super skelly at 6'1" 120 lbs.

When I bulked:
for breakfast I had a couple of bowls of cereal with 3-4 eggs, bacon and toast.

For lunch I ate a large pizza

Dinner I had about a cup and a half of rice, measured uncooked, and normally some kind of chicken stirfry.

Throughout the day I would snack on fruit, nuts, etc.

Daily caloric intake was ~5k

Took me like 4 months to reach 140 lbs
>>
Just count your calories, jesus, it's not hard
>>
Don't work out the same muscle groups every day. One punch man is bad idea esp for noobies.

Count your calories you dense retard. Give yourself a metric or don't and be retarded. It's not hard
>>
>>34979722
Too frequent.
>>
>>34980008
Four eggs, four whites, Greek yogurt, milk for breakfast. Sometimes oats too.

Two, three sandwiches for lunch. Usually filled with eggs, blackbeans, and or chicken.

Whatever for dinner. Usually some sort of chicken taco or tostada ( like a giant nacho with black beans, crumbled cheese, and chicken). Add milk.

Always around 3000, 3500 calories without much issue.
>>
>itt op spends more energy trying to justify not counting calories than counting calories
>>
>>34980655
But I do everything right and get no results obviously it's not my fault I'm just waiting to hear someone say that it is genetics and totally not my fault and I should give up.

Why would I put in more effort if I don't deem it as important enough for my effort?
I'm trying everything I'm comfortable trying and not ready to do what people tell me to do if that implies that I have to do more stuff.
>>
>>34980773
eh, why are you replying as if you're me
put a disclaimer at least
>>
>>34980773
Then just kill yourself it's the only reasonable thing to do.

It's not genetics it's YOU and your state of mind. YOU are blocking yourself. Get over it and buck up or give up.
>>
>>34980877
cry me a river bitch
>>34980889
you are literally mentally deranged to think I was not shitting on OP.
>>
>>34980889
>It's not genetics
not that the guy you're replying to isn't an idiot but this is bullshit, it very much is genetics
mesomorph privileged scum go fuck yourself
>>
>>34979722
too frequent. 48-72 hrs to recover (i.e M/W/F, Tu/Th/Sa, etc.)

if you can perform the same routine every day, it isn't intense enough. make sure you are adding intensity over time too (more weight, faster reps, more reps, more sets,... something)
>>
File: 1447626438014.gif (966 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1447626438014.gif
966 KB, 500x579
>>34980889
>not understanding obvious mockery

baka desu senpai
>>
>>34980930

You do realize that somatotypes have nothing to do with metabolism? And it literally takes one fucking google search to learn that. That and not being a gullible bitch.
>>
>>34980931
let's assume for a second that I don't get over the no gym access issue and the can't buy heavier weights issue
is adding reps any help at all? cause I see people shitting on it everywhere like 12 reps is the absolute maximum and you're still a sissy, 8 max for real men mentality

Anyway for starters I'll stop working out every day like an idiot
>>
File: 1447775537374.png (587 KB, 625x918) Image search: [Google]
1447775537374.png
587 KB, 625x918
>>34980889
>being this retarded
>>
File: 1437588984325.png (576 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1437588984325.png
576 KB, 600x600
>>34980959
We all gave you real advice and you ignored it. Just fuck off, you are guaranteed for no Gains ever.

Also check em
>>
File: 1434386624360.jpg (127 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1434386624360.jpg
127 KB, 490x490
>>34981222
TRIPS CONFIRM NO GAINS EVER. GET FUCKED OP
>>
>>34981222
Thoroughly checked
>>
>>34981222
Holy shit OP man you are fucking doomed man
>>
S L E E P
How has nobody said this op, how are you sleeping, hours/night?
>>
File: 1446418059775.jpg (14 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
1446418059775.jpg
14 KB, 248x249
>>34981222

Dubs checked.
>>
>>34981264

*Trips FFS
>>
>>34980903
I took the b8.

You made me rage.

I am shame
>>
File: Mwv17dS.gif (231 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
Mwv17dS.gif
231 KB, 800x508
>>34981263
I generally get a good 7-9 hours of sleep
I used to go to sleep around 8AM but the last couple weeks I completely changed my sleeping schedule and now I wake up around 8AM, sometimes a bit later, 10AM or so

>>34981222
impressive
>>
>>34981222
this.

should've ate big!!!
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.