[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of beer? Is there a place for a daily beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
What does /fit/ think of beer?
Is there a place for a daily beer in the fitness world?

>pic related
The best beer ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>anno domini two zero one five
>consuming carb broth
>>
I don't drink.
>>
>>34977512
Why njet?
>>
>>34977610
I also don't. I asked myself if the buzz I got from the 2-3 beers I could fit into a night out with my friends would be worth the carbs and calories. For me, it's not. I save drinking for special occasions, and just abstain otherwise.
>>
>Two thousand and
fifteen
>Still suckling from the teet of the liquid jew

I fucking laughed out loud in real life.
>>
I don't have a daily beer, but maybe 3 a week. Sometimes only have a bit more on a weekend if it's not spring or summer.
>>
I do drink a beer sometimes, though when I was drinking a beer a day it seemed that I plataued more, so now I drink 1-3 beers a week, also lager or ale?
>>
>>34977670
Ale, always. I don't mind lager, but prefer really perfumed hoppy beers.

>>34977629
What about fitting them with your macros? I mean, they're not unhealthy in regards to micronutrients and minerals, and if you don't get drunk they may even help you rehydrate.
The alcohol could be the worst part, but they're rarely over 10% (volume) alcohol.
>>
>>34977512
Doesn't want to make it
>>
File: 2009.07.29.sxe1.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2009.07.29.sxe1.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>34977496
>>34977637

You wanna know how I know you're sixteen and straightedge?

>2010+5 meme, the year of our cringelord
>>
>>34977461
Vodka/tonic
/Thread
>>
Drinking is pretty overrated tbqh. Take part once or twice a year. Turned 21 a month ago and still haven't gone out.

Friends complain about not making gains when they get wasted 3-4 nights a week.
>>
>not bulking on beer and pizza

kek enjoy not making gainz famlad
>>
I love it, and I home brew a lot. I just bottled an IPA on Wednesday trying to replicate a well known local one. At this point in my life though, I'll have maybe 2-3 a week. Each brew makes about 2 cases and I end up giving one away to family and friends. I enjoy the process and just tasting, it's not worth the calories and supposed effects from hops for me to drink a lot like I used to.
>>
>>34978033
Thank god the meme police are on the scene. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>34978047
Gin & Tonic is far superior
>>
Beer is GOAT

I don't fucking care that it's practically liquid bread. I'll eat nothing but salad and chicken/whey if I'll be going out with the lads for a good old bingefest
>>
>>34977831
>What about fitting them with your macros?
I can't fit 600-1000 calories of liquid carbs into my macros.
>>
>>34981503
>Not burning 5000 cal
You eat ~3500 and drink the rest with shakes and beer, what's the issue.
>>
>>34982073
You're a madman if you're burning 5000kcal a day. Not everyone on this board is a fatass teenager on a permabulk.
>>
>>34978047
>Vodka Tonic
\my nigga

>>34978237
how come?
>>
>>34982290
>how come?
Because the teenagers who run around on this board run on the cheapest vodka imaginable, nothing that tonic water would fix. Well gin tastes better than well vodka.
>>
>>34982308
oh, i usually just get absolut and its alright, but have any recommendations? for vodka or gin? Ive never had a GnT before, i dont think
>>
File: 1431494452364.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1431494452364.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>drinking liquid estrogen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>34982360
I'm from the 80s so I drink Bombay Sapphire.
>>
>>34982479
Thats whats always caught my eye but im really not looking to spend that much, unfortunately
>>
I use to drink 6-8 beers a day sunday to thursday and then 2 24's on the weekend and got quite fat over the course of 2 years. I quit drink three months ago and have lost 50 pounds. I will have a beer or two on the weekend if my friends want to go out but other than that I care to pick up a case.
>>
>>34978187
Are you using extracts or full grains?
>>
>>34978047
>>34978237
How are vodka or gin superior to beer?
>>
>>34982368
estrogen increases test
>>
>>34977461
I'm about to crack open a Warsteiner with dinner. Alcohol is fine, just don't get blitzed nightly or you'll feel and look like shit. Ignore the straight edge faggots that think two beers a week is alcoholism.
>>
>>34981503
>>34982280

Manlet girl detected.
>>
>>34982368
>Not being in protective dad mode
>>
>2 beers
>about 300 calories 20g carbs
>not even drunk or buzzed

>2 shots of moonshine
>about 200 calories 0g carbs
>starting to see 10/10 women everywhere

Beer is for faggots
>>
Alcohol makes me feel like dogshit in any amount so I don't drink. I snus and dip all day though.
>>
>>34982360
Gin and tonics are great. I used 3 parts tonic water and 1 part gin. Then a splash of lime or lemon juice, good stuff.
>>
>>34985118
wow mouth cancer sounds cool
>>
>love beer
>like....LOVE it
>can't drink it without turning my GI tract into a gas/fart show all night

life is suffering tbqhfamily
>>
alcohol and especially beer are garbage to you

beer is the #1 cause of gyno and WILL reduce your test and fuck up your recovery.
>>
>>34977461
>fact: people who drink 1-2 standard drinks per day are at lower risk of all cause mortality than non-drinkers and heavy drinkers
>fact: drinking daily is not comparable to binging on weekends, completely different behaviours and completely different physiological effects
>fact: a bottle of beer (1.4 standards) is right in that health range
>fact: 1.4 standard drinks is not going to effect your gains significantly
>caveat: some types of alcohol can lead some people to eat more if they're eating ad libitum, so don't eat ad libitum when drinking alcohol
>caveat: alcohol has calories, if you're cutting make sure you include the kcals of any drinks and cut out carbs/fats cutting out protein.
>>
>>34985208
>fact: people who drink 1-2 standard drinks per day are at lower risk of all cause mortality

stopped reading right there tobe honest senpai
>>
>>34985208

LMAO CARBONATED JEW SHILLS OUT IN FORCE
>>
>>34985194
Holy fuck lol are you anti-gmo? Do you deny global warming? Do you hate vaccines? What other science do you ignore? Small amounts of alcohol are heathy for you, and there's literally no scientific evidence suggesting #1 cause of gyno. There is scientific evidence that binging will fuck up your recovery but you can't conflate that with a glass of beer each night (hint: it's not binging). There is no reason to think transient changes in testosterone effect anything except your inflated anxiety.
>>
>>34985238

just admit you have a problem man. Cut out the daily beer, it's empty calories that end up as fat. You might as well eat one Oh Henry chocolate bar per day instead, at least that has some protein and macros your body can use
>>
>>34985232
it makes sense both from an evolutionary POV, from a physiological POV and from an epidemiological POV.

Epidemiology suggests it's correct, evolutionarily we have adapted to small intakes of alcohol because we used to ferment food and liquid for preservation (no refrigeration) for thousands of years, and biochemically alcohol is a GABA agonist which means it is a vasodilator, which makes it good for cardiovascular function and a host of other things.
>>
File: dyel.jpg (71 KB, 960x626) Image search: [Google]
dyel.jpg
71 KB, 960x626
>Beer is bad for you
When will /fit/ get over this meme?
>>
Personally I prefer an apple ale. Beer is good, but apple ale is more refreshing on a warm evening. And Florida has a lot of those

But if I'm having beer, it's normally a Yuengling
>>
>>34985282
man none of these women are attractive to me
>>
File: alexviada.jpg (33 KB, 1200x661) Image search: [Google]
alexviada.jpg
33 KB, 1200x661
>>34985266
"Beer is empty calories that end up as fat, ey? BTW are you going to eat that Oh Henry?"
>>
File: wouldyousteal.jpg (82 KB, 624x960) Image search: [Google]
wouldyousteal.jpg
82 KB, 624x960
>>34985287
I have bad news for you anon
>>
>>34985287
the first 3 left from the middle are easily fuckable

you're probably gay
>>
>>34985287
They all seem like normal women who just happened to put some effort into their hair and makeup for the picture. None of them are anything special, but they're all certainly attractive
>>
The place for your daily beer in the fitness world is either in the garbage or pre workout.

Alcohol is a really easy to utilise fuel source for your body and as this guy said
>>34985274
is also of benefit.
>>
I personally prefer to smoke weed over alcohol when I'm cutting. On a bulk who cares
>>
>>34985164
Snus doesn't cause mouth cancer, using dip actually has a pretty small risk. besides I only dip a couple days a month, the rest of the time it's snus(which doesn't cause mouth cancer). . The vast majority of mouth cancer is caused by smoking.
>>
>>34985208
>and cut out carbs/fats NEVER cutting out protein.
>>
>>34985300
i like ur taste
>>
>>34985369
you...I like you
>>
>>34985266
It actually is very good for rehydration and it is a great source of soluble fiber and in the case of whole grain (as opposed to just extract) it is also is a great insoluble fiber.
>>
>>34984150
For reference, The Rock eats about 5000kcal a day.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.