[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts ? http://news.meta.com/2015/11/19/cel l-nutrition-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
thoughts ?

http://news.meta.com/2015/11/19/cell-nutrition-is-personal-identical-foods-produce-healthy-and-unhealthy-responses-in-different-individuals/
>>
Probably whatever food types were most common in your ancestors environment are best for your body. And I would stress the enviroment part, not their actual diets because I'm sure even the cavemen managed to invent some unhealthy greasy shit to eat.
>>
>>34977105
Ugly feet. Wouldn't suck but would cum on.
>>
I'm sure as genetic work continues health will get a point where we get can easily obtain complete optimal dietary info for our exact bodies.

Until then SQUATZ AND OATZ.
>>
>>34977129
my general rule is nothing that goes through 2 or more processes.
>>
>>34977129
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>34977105
this is crazy news actually

Foods that induced a “healthy” response in one individual might induce an “unhealthy” response in another. In a particularly compelling figure the researchers showed an example where two participants had opposite responses to cookies and bananas. Participant A maintained a stable blood glucose level after eating a cookie but responded with elevated glucose levels after eating a banana, while Participant B experienced an increase in blood glucose level after eating a cookie, but not a banana.

WTF?
>>
Not surprising that someone who was from say northern euroupe or north america who was only civilized a few hundred years ago and lived on meat for half the year might have different dietary needs compared to say someone from the middle east who has 20000 years of carbohydrate rich genetic history.
>>
Mildly interesting for sake of diabetes research. Their entire sample was of people with type-ii diabetes, not healthy individuals.

Otherwise changes nothing about general nutrition.
>>
File: 1418543168508.jpg (21 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1418543168508.jpg
21 KB, 700x479
>>34977105

>self reported
>>
>>34977296
This is stupid. Dr Joel Wallach figured this shit out 40 years ago and literally built a huge fucking company to fix the problem but he's competing against a fucking behemoth that wants you sick.

Of course human bodies are different and their utilization of nutrients are different. People are eating food that clog the intestinal villi preventing proper usage of basic nutrition.

It just seems really stupid but hey I guess the scientists and all these people need to keep muh jobs right.
>>
>>34977105
slowpoke.jpg

Then again, this is /fit/ so it might be news to some of you fags.
>>
Some good are healthy to everyone and some are not for everyone.

And also don't eat every fucking day the same shit
>>
>>34977296
The fuck, you didn't know that? It's been mainstream science for over a decade already.

Hint: Don't get your scientific knowledge from retarded blogs or T-Nation.
>>
>>34977372
Pretty much this. Nutritional "science" is a fucking joke.
>>
>>34977105
>/fit/ being surprised at this
lmao you faggots are a bunch of uneducated plebs.

Yes, normal nutritional planning is shit and to get it right, you'd need to have your gut flora etc. analyzed. That's why dieting is so slow for losing weight.
>>
>>34977352

Wait, no, I misread, they recruited people without that condition. That's good.

It's interesting, the idea that gut microbiology adapts.
>>
>>34977445
Oxford? Uneducated?

Yeah not so much.
>>
fact
>>
>>34977129
This.

Inuit people are perfectly healthy on a diet of fish and whale blubber.

Put your average Italian on the same diet and he wouldn't do so well.

[spoiler]This is why racemixing is so degenerate.[/spoiler]
>>
also in the news:

>Chocolate Can Help You Lose Weight

>Internet Memes, A Bodybuilder's Best Friend?

>"Zumba Cured My Obesity-related Vaginosis" One Woman's Amazing Story

>Why You Shouldn't Lose Weight Just to Date

>How the Lard and Sugar Diet Can Save Your Life
>>
I couldnt find the actual study in the link OP
>>
>>34977534
The full text is linked in the first five words of the article.
>>
So literally all they mean by "healthy" and "unhealthy" is different blood glucose levels. whoop.

>>34977534
http://www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674%2815%2901481-6
>>
>>34977570
Especially considering the fact that glucose levels are literally determined by a single mineral in the body. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>34977469
>This is why racemixing is so degenerate.

Right, THAT'S why it bothers you, not because you think Jamal it's dumping a load in your Aryan qt as we speak.
>>
>>34977296
Glucose tolerance is dependent on extraneous short-term factors like what other meals have been eaten throughout the day and if the person is fasting or exercising? Amazing!

These retarded journalists are always on a mission to mystify science as much as possible.
>>
>>34977105
people are notoriously bad at self-reporting their diets, people who make poor nutritional choices are the worst offenders

show me a similar study that uses a control other than the "honor system"
>>
Can't wait until this is reposted all over tumblr so fatties can justify their cheesecake at every meal.
>>
>>34977777
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.