[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /fit/, how much can you press? >tfw pressing your bo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: press.jpg (131 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
press.jpg
131 KB, 944x712
So, /fit/, how much can you press?

>tfw pressing your bodyweight for 5 reps

Feels good mang.

>(pdf for those who wanna read it http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/JSH/JSH2001/JSH2803/JSH2803d.pdf )
>>
Cool read. My best was 205 pounds. I didnt actually train it using BB but instead used dBs from 60 to 90.
>>
>>34976611
Using db is way, WAY easier.
>>
>>34976559
>http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/JSH/JSH2001/JSH2803/JSH2803d.pdf

Currently reading thank you for posting.

My press is 150 lbs.
I am a 300 lbs fat ass, but if I was lean I'd be around 170, so 150 is pretty good I suppose.
>>
>>34976559
>bw for 5
manlet spotted

170x4 here, 234bw
>>
160 bw, my max is 165
I usually get 135up around 8-10 times
>>
How to EZ progress on THE PRESS?
I'm at the point where I can't add weight to THE PRESS every workout, should I add weight every second workout and do deload 5lbs on the other day but do 8 reps instead?
>>
>>34976634
That jelly. It's a lot harder to do db than bb
>>
>>34976964

For heavy sets, yes. For rep work? Nah, the DBs are much easier due to the shortened ROM.
>>
>>34976968
> guy's best was 205
> man that's way easier on db
> gets called out
> I mean for high rep work not heavy weights
I really hope you can see you're being retarded here
>>
Started this week, I do 50 kg for 5x5
>>
>>34976968
>DBs are much easier due to the shortened ROM
You're doing it wrong, mate. Quit half repping, that doesn't count.
>>
>>34976958
I progress every second workout, but on my second workout with the same weight, I do 3x6-7.
>>
>>34977014
That's pretty good if you just started, keep going!
>>
70kg single, can rep 1plate for 8 so p happy. I weigh 96 and am 6'4
>>
>>34976559
>So, /fit/, how much can you press?
dont you mean press: the THE Press?
>>
>>34976968
db have shorter rom
uwotm8
>>
Guys I'm an idiot so riddle me this

The press is the one that you use your legs too right?

It's not OHP right?
>>
>>34977399
The press usually means strict press. Most people call the one where you use your legs push press.
>>
The press was taken out because everyone was cheating. They would lean so far back that it turned into a bench press, a lot of people were herniating discs in their lower back due to the stress.
>>
>>34976968
but... the ROM is the same, also what
>>34976987
said
>>
>>34977399
ohp = press = military press

what you are thinking of could either be a push press or a jerk (a push press you use the legs to assist the pressing movement, and a jerk you launch the weight up by almost jumping, then pull yourself under the bar)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4eysYloOOk
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.