[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: addiction and self-improvement talk Sup faggots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1425102297025.jpg (108 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
1425102297025.jpg
108 KB, 1280x842
>ITT: addiction and self-improvement talk

Sup faggots

After a woman that I loved passed away about 6 months ago, I ... collapsed.

I quit going to the gym, started smoking weed everyday again, and would drink anywhere between 6 and 10 beers each night.
I was somehow able to get up and go to work everyday, but only because I drank 2 liters of water before going to bed, and 2 energy drinks upon waking up.

I was miserable... literally shit. On days off, I would try to go back to sleep after waking up because I didn't want to face reality. All I did in that time was play videogames and post here on /fit/. I didn't see a single friend, didn't have sex.

After contemplating suicide, I decided to get my life back together. I've been training at the gym for 2 months now and getting my aesthetics back.
No alcohol for the past 10 days and only a slight desire to drink.
In the process of quitting both weed and cigarettes.

I feel so much better already without the alcohol... godamn, drinking too much is fucking BAD. I can't believe how much it depresses you and lowers your test. I jerked off once a week and that was plenty for me. Didn't care at all to get laid. Alcohol is THE absolute worst gain goblin in my opinion (besides shooting heroin and whatnot).

My natural test level has sky-rocketed since I last drank.
All lifts are up, I think about girls 24/7, I am barely depressed anymore (not at all actually), and I jerk off 2-3 times every single day. I see the light and I'm smiling again IRL.
I feel this urgent need to watch this video numerous times a day, but mostlly replaying 1:00 to 1:05 over and over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6wpO66J4k

I intend to get rid of all my addictions, become a better man overall, and basically just swim in pussy.

sorry for the journal entry, but I just wanted to wish good luck to every fitizen out here that may struggling with an addiction. You can do anything you want when you put your mind to it.

I love you guys, peace
>>
>>34976322
>heartfelt/10
If you really want to get rid of all your addictions, leave 4chan and never come back.
>>
had some friends pass away this year too. drank myself dumb and got a DUI. taking care of most of that now though. I ramped up the cigarettes too, smoking less now though. going to go for a long run this morning and not buying anymore today.
>>
File: 1435118354604.jpg (29 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1435118354604.jpg
29 KB, 500x666
>>34976360

Yeah I thought about it...
I've been spending more time NOT in front of my computer lately and it made me realize how much this place (while funny and ''kinda'' informative), is ultimately a waste of time, just like laying on the couch and watching TV.
>>
Do whatever it is you have to do to work through it.
>>
File: 1421870187707.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421870187707.gif
470 KB, 200x200
Don't get rushed, the important thing is that you know you want to quit that shit and you are doing it, not just complaining, if you keep like that you will never fall again

I quited alcohol 6 years ago and not drinked a single drop since then.

I believe in you anon
>>
>>34976322

Congratulations anon

I'm also a recovering addict
Lifting is really the main thing keeping me clean and sober
Don't give in to temptation, life will get exponentially better
>>
>>34976360
Humans need community. In a world so bizarre and distorted, 4chinz is the only reality that breaks free from the faerie tale that is constructed by a leftist society.
>>
Ever since my divorce and going to prison and a lot of other bullshit I have developed alcoholism. It's to the point where I believe there is a physical need for it. At my peak it would be about a 6pack of beer every single day, often filling up my stomach and passing out without dinner.

This was before I started lifting. I have made incredible progress in the 6 months since I've been lifitng but I still drink regularly. I had a bottle of wine to myself last night. I have had a few sprints of a week here or there with no alcohol and I didn't see any improvement.

My progress is starting to plateau and Im really wondering how much the alcohol is affecting my gains. Is there any scientific evidence ?
>>
>>34976360
No mate, in moderation fit can be good, people like being in a community
Memes are basicly inside jokes within that community

We're all gonna make it :)
>>
>>34976450
come on
you know that's not really true
I've been coming to 4chan since 2006 it's one of the best places on the internet, you get to know a lot of good stuff you wouldn't otherwise.
>>
When i am going through a bad time i just shut myself off from the world.

Recently i left the Army, my mother died, i couldn't find a job, spent all my savings on a potential job, and got fucked over by the guy who promised to help me, also my gf left me.

Everything went terribly wrong, i drank for a bit and fucked lots of women, probably addicted to sex but whatever.

>Dont smoke or drink alcohol
>Work
>Gym 4 times a week
>Eat pretty healthy
>Don't spend a penny of my salary

I can correlate depression with amount of time spent on 4chan, although recently i have found this is the best place to be to save money and hide from the world.

Feels weird man, hope things go well for you in the future, focussing the hatred into something positive is about all you can do.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.