[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RATE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: dl.jpg (24 KB, 562x300) Image search: [Google]
dl.jpg
24 KB, 562x300
Rate my DL form and give constructive criticism?

This set was done after doing 3 sets of 5, so I was worn a little. Also, I didn't drop the weight because I thought it was cool I dropped it because it slipped with my greasy hands.

352 pound DL at 149 pound body weight 2 and a bit years training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PBDN8NQNKU
>>
>dropping the weight
it doesn't matter why you did it, you didn't do half the lift you little fuccboi
>>
>>34976051
That is so stupid desu.

The rep is the first part when it comes to a One Rep Max and especially true when it is done with DL. Do you see PL lifts being disqualified because they didn't put the weight down gently or do the judges give a thumbs up when they're standing tall with the weight?
>>
>>34976067
Why does it auto add "desu" to everything I fucking say?!!
>>
>>34976044
The bitch in the back doing crossfit excerises.
>>
>>34976067
You're not at a powerlifting meet, you're lifting presumably to get stronger or more aesthetic (pick one), so do the full lift. Powerlifting meet standards for lifts are fucking retarded and only there so people can lift as much weight as possible.

https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?t=395
>>
>>34976077
The pt in the red next to her has GOAT ass and legs though. They are so thick I can't help but pack my chloroform hoping she and I are the only ones there.
>>
>>34976067

Depending on your definition of gently, it does sometimes happen.

The rule is just to be in control of the weight. Most judges interpret that as being anything short of taking your hands off/losing your grip (which will get you redlighted), but some will actually give you a no-lift if they think the descent is too fast.
>>
>>34976082
I understand the point, but my point was it was a single rep and that is not making me stronger, so lifting it up and dropping it is equal to lifting it up and putting it down.
>>
So, everyone has spoken about the one thing I actually covered in my original post for some reason, but no one has mentioned anything else. Could anyone give me some advice or tips? Things that are right and things that need working on?
>>
>>34976337

You're rounding slightly. Its not terrible, but its not really desirable either. Figure out why its happening and work on fixing it.

And don't spend so much time fucking around at the bottom of the lift. Get your grip, get tight/pull the slack out and go.
>>
>>34976367
Thanks for that. I think it's because it was too heavy and my lower back couldn't handle it or I started too high and was leaning towards a romanian pull.
>>
>>34976082
>Calling others retarded
>Posting Art of Manliness
>>
>>34976434
It's Rippetoe.
>>
>>34976468
>>
File: potkettle.gif (24 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
potkettle.gif
24 KB, 300x179
>>34976434
>>34976476
>funny junk image filenames
>posting fedoras
lmao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.