[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I plan on joining the Armed Forces and would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11 KB, 275x183
Hey /fit/, I plan on joining the Armed Forces and would like to excel in there as I plan on making a career out of it. I know how to train, but would like to prepare myself for perfect
fitness scores. I'm thinking either SEALS/SWCC or the Rangers. I make about 500 every two weeks and would like to expand out of my home gym. What are some things I could buy that would potentially prepare me to be tested? I'm 18 btw, so no roids fuck that shit mayne
>>
Are you already /fit/ first of all?

And if you're going for good fitness scores you don't really need equipment, just run senpai, the obstacle courses etc won't be shit
>>
>>34975269
I have just started my strength and cardio training, I weighed 300 pounds, I've dropped to 185 through dieting cardio, and some calisthenics. I'm moderately fit, and can run long distances, but I'm wondering if there are training programs out there specifically for this sort of thing?
>>
>>34975336
The USMC PFT scoring chart is here:
http://www.military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-pft-charts
If you truly intend to be T1, bear in mind that selection tests like BUD/S are designed to select more than physical fitness. Obviously be as fit as you possibly get, but don't neglect the mental prep.
>>
>>34975498
>mental prep.
is there even a way to prep for the sadistic torture you go through?
>>
>>34975535
You need to tell yourself everyday that you would rather die than give up on becoming what you want to be.
>>
>>34975535
there is no other options

in another school you will be literally tortured, you can't physically prep for that, you just need to have the mental resolve to not crack. they ate allowed to break minor bones.

I would assume all sof goes through SERE school anyways.

I'm playing with the idea of SF after 8 years of signal army. two of my fellow ncos made it past sfas so that gives me hope.
>>
>>34975535
Do long runs after being awake 36 hours.

Itll be an exercise is mental and physical boundry pushing.

Do recover properly though
>>
>>34975717
36 is a bit dangerous, you can die at that stage. I'd say at 25-28 hours is when you'll reach sufficient mental fatigue.
>>
if you're truly serious, go buy a back pack with a frame.

start at 25% bodyweight and walk fast (4-4.8 mph) starting at 3 miles.

your goal is to progressively increase this load until you reach 35% bodyweight (or 60 lbs, which ever is closer) and about 12 miles.

pick up a good pair of military boots to condition your feet.
>>
>closer
i meant heavier.

the minimum ruck load will be around 60lbs dry, bigger people tend to have larger clothes, ending up around 80-100lbs
>>
>>34975192
If you fail buds you go anywhere the navy needs personel. Look into infantry->recon for marines instead. Recon is the same as seals but are more direct action infantry based and if you fail you just go infantry.
>>
>>34975806
yeah people don't see it from the outside, but the best path for sf,for example:

option 40 contact into the Ranger regiment, get super in shape there because you'll then be surrounded by meat heads. drop your sf packet, go to sfas, and then go to Q.

the only thing the 18x option gets better is the sfpc which is a crash course on rucking and land nav.
>>
>>34975711
>allowed to break minor bones
That's a SERE myth. Maybe back in the day but these days there's no bone breaking. They will however put you in a very cramped box for a day, starve you, and simulate torture that won't completely harm you physically.

OP, start doing tons of calisthenics. Push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, pull ups. Swim and run. Do tons of HIIT and endurance workouts. My former USMC friend is trying for SEAL and runs 4 miles in the sand then swims 1 mile then runs 4 more miles with no rest between.
When I first started testing for SEAL, we got legit simulation BUD/S training from former SEALs and after 1 hour, we were gassed and one guy was puking his guts up. They kicked sand in our faces while we did endless flutter kicks, sat on our backs while we held the push up position after 100's of push ups and made us low crawl up and down sand dunes until our elbows and knees were rubbed raw from the sand. We were wet and sandy from start to finish and some of us started having second thoughts. We are talking athletic beasts breaking from the mental strain.

If you choose any SOF unit to join work on muscle endurance and functional exercises. Lifting weights and getting big is a major disadvantage.
>>
>>34975192
Ask jason blahaha hes ex military.

Killed people and everything brains everywhere.
>>
>>34975885
Forgot to add, look up Stew Smith's workouts or see if you can attend one of Mark Divine's SEALFIT courses
>>
You need a power rack, barbell, bumper plates, pullup bar, rucksack, and space to do calisthenics.
>>
>>34976037
>>34975782
>>34975856
>>34975498
Thank you guys. Any more suggestions?
>>
>>34976087
Watch SAS: Who Dares Wins
>>
File: 1442283205687.jpg (206 KB, 640x611) Image search: [Google]
1442283205687.jpg
206 KB, 640x611
>>34975764

no you do not die after 36 hours of no sleep. Source, I am a current RAINF Lt whose experienced sleep deprivation on operations and exercise for periods extending 36 hours.

>>34975192
OP if you intend to go T1, physicality will only get you so far. If you do not have a mentality for just gunning it, and live to just push your boundaries then don't do it. you'll waste your own time, and the instructors.

that being said: Utilise HIIT training programs, Swim to help your breathing, and start on a solid resistance training routine for the next 12 - 18 months, and you should be in a semi decent condition for any selection you aim for. Good luck, and maintain the rage.
>rangers T1
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.