[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old resolutions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: aminablue.jpg (87 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
aminablue.jpg
87 KB, 640x449
So /fit/ since new years is almost upon us have u almost achieved all your goals?
My goal was to learn social skills and not to spend new years eve crying after my family wishes each other happy new year and i go to bed looking at my friends snapchats having fun while i realize how miserable my life is.
Well so far i made friends but i think that i will spend the new years alone because i think they see me as an acquaintance still. Well i still got a month and a half i hope
>>
File: bruceleemad.jpg (38 KB, 450x227) Image search: [Google]
bruceleemad.jpg
38 KB, 450x227
>new years resolution

Why do you follow this shit? Everyone should constantly have short term and long term goals no matter what day of the year it is. Once you've reached a plateau (accomplished in succeeding a goal), then you look for the next plateau to reach. Go beyond them.
>>
>>34975053
New years resolution is basically a long term goal with a deadline for me also thats basically what a new year resolution is
>>
>>34975025
Don't do a NYR, you'll just end up quitting two weeks in.
>>
>>34975101
Yet the majority of the population fails after two weeks.
>>
Got to my new year goal weight this summer but I've gained about 10 lbs since then. I'm hoping to lose it in a month.
>>
>>34975113
as with everything. thanks for stating the obvious
>>
>>34975025
My goal was to not killmyself this year. 1 and a half months to go.
>>
>>34975025
My NYR for last year was to resemble Bane. One day a friend of mine who was obsessed with Batman told me was looking at my back and said I looked like Bane.
Then I started cutting.
>>
I love making nyr. 5 years ago it was to have a gf and i pulled it off right away after being a kissless virgin all my life.

This year i had travel and gym goals which i almost achieved. I just gotta visit one last friend 3hrs from my home. Gym goals were 3plate bench for 5 reps and 4plate squat for 5 reps.

Next year i just wanna save up 20k into my savings. Idk how ill pull that off yet.
>>
>Still no gf
>>
>>34975025
Mine was to learn how to swim, so far im doing great and hit the pool 4times a week. Best desition I've made.
>>
>>34978608
Sauce m8?
>>
>>34976080
Good work so far. Pat on the back.
>>
Mine was to quit smoking and lose weight. Ended up quitting in February, but didn't start losing weight until the end of September. Down 20 pounds though, so meh.
>>
>>34978730
Not him but it's bryci, just google search desu
>>
File: 1356314254585.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1356314254585.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>34978608
>fake tits
wow how impressive
>>
>>34975025
I actually did a fitness related NYR this year, and i accomplished it by april. So, uh, yeah.
>>
File: 1446978885515.jpg (46 KB, 595x584) Image search: [Google]
1446978885515.jpg
46 KB, 595x584
>>34978775
Thanks family
>>
>>34976071
easy, even more because of water and glycogen.
>>
My resolution was to send a v7 boulder and I finally did about a month ago. My new goal is to be able to campus a v1 overhang with 90 lbs on my back

And to actually start lifting
>>
>>34975025
>i think they see me as an acquaintance still
I know this isn't /adv/ but whatever.

Chances are they wouldn't mind you tagging along.
Leave your baggage at the door on your way out. You won't need it. Do this for every time you go out.
Do not hold any expectations for the time you'll spend, because life is hardly predictable.
Go out and enjoy what comes your way, and go to where you'll enjoy.
I was in your boat, and am still horrible at socializing with people I've know for 9+ years. However, I'm not so harsh on myself, and have come a long way from never talking to people at outings, to trying to engage my friends in activities that seem interesting for me, and reasonable for everyone.

>tl;dr
Just leave the baggage at home, and you'll be free to have fun. Go get drunk with friends and shit. Make drinking even more fun with games like beer-pong, or something.
>>
>>34975025
Your line of thought is slightly distorted or you have not formulated your goal in a very good way. (no offence of course)

>My goal was to learn social skills
Well, hows your social skills? have you developed them nicely? Can you talk to everyone? Can you iniate conversations with just about every type of creature under any circumstances?

>and not to spend new years eve crying after my family wishes each other happy new year and i go to bed looking at my friends snapchats having fun while i realize how miserable my life is.
This part is distinct from social skills as this seems to involve having friends.

You see there is a difference between having social skills and having friends

>Well so far i made friends
But that wasn't what you ACTUALLY said you where gonna do. You where gonna learn social skills.
>but i think that i will spend the new years alone because i think they see me as an acquaintance still.
Should not really matter. I've spent lots of occasions and even new years with only acquiescences, don't really matter. And if your social skills are on fire then whatever, people are people and you can have fun with them. Another aspect is that, how you go from friends to being acquaintances ? You do shit together, you have experiences you bond over, memories created of fun times.

Go out, and if your acquaintances are lame, whatever, your original goals was social skills, if that means you have to go to a fucking bar alone that don't matter, because you are social person who can get along with everyone and have fun.

Hope thats valuable
>>
>>34981888
I think that you probably mean "horrified of socializing" instead of "horrible".
That's something you also have to take into account, if people are not fucking you off you're not annoying them nearly as much as you think you are.
>>
>>34982044
Hmm.. I'd say I'm horrible at it and horrified by it.
But I did mean horrible, as I'm not so horrified by the prospect of speaking to strangers anymore.
>>
>>34982245
Yeah I just wanted to sound witty, accidentaly making a point I didn't want to make. The point I was trying to make is you are not horrible at socializing, otherwise you would run out of friends quite fast. A lot of people think that they are, but are really not.
>>
Got swole, stronger, and like 20 levels better at guitar playing since I decided to put my shit together and learn proper sweep picking, got a redhead green eyed huge titted precious like a fucking diamond nurse gf 7 years older than me and living with her now, I´m also a nurse student in the last year and Im going to the same hospital as her and it´s fucking awesome because she is the best nurse hands down and people expect a lot from me but at the same time they are nice to me because they are kinda impressed that she got a bf after 7 years single (with her thinguies but nothing serious) and I´m fucking good and they are in love with me because I do twice the job with pressure ulcers cleaning and apllyng treatment to them every day instead of each second day because I believe that the first rule of medicine is hygiene.

So blah blah blah... This was the year I didn´t make any resolutions in specific, I just sat down at 114 kg last christmas and saw my face in my new passport and I just decided that that was enough.

TL;DR; Ddindt make resolutions in the year that I fucking made it brahs.

Also me playing guitar in my new level, after being a "heres smell like teen spirit" guitarrist for years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spIxP_Xdyg
>>
>>34975025
Most of my resolutions were unrealistic or I didn't pursue them hard enough. I did buy a home gym and achieved a 70kg OHP though, so that's two down. Gonna be fun making a new list this January.
>>
>>34982455
fucking A+ playing bro, congrats.
>>
I don't see why so many people shit on new years resolutions. Sure the day doesn't really matter, and there's no reason you can't make these resolutions today, but anything that gets people introspective and lining up a shot to deal with their issues is a plus in my book. I'm certainly not going to disparage someone who tries going to the gym on Jan 2nd, even if he'll probably fail, because trying is the first step.

Anyway, I had three. The first was to suppress my crushing depression and not drop out of university again. I managed, and graduated, so that was a significant milestone for me. The second was to get surgery that I had been putting off for a few years by lying to myself that my condition was "not that bad", and that working through the medical system was too much of a bother, but I had the procedure done a few weeks ago, finally, though recovery has been a bitch. The third was to cut sweets out of my diet and I failed that one. I love candy.

My goals for 2016 are going to be to drop 20 pounds in a healthy way, and find something new and engrossing to take up non-work time. Not having school has given me lots of free time to dump into useless activities, but I haven't found anything interesting to replace it. Maybe something physical once I recover enough.
>>
>>34982455
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spIxP_Xdyg
you've posted this before and it's still just as awesome
grats on making it bro, you're an inspiration
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.