[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't boulder It's the perfect activity to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1230_su_E01_climbingA400.jpg (30 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1230_su_E01_climbingA400.jpg
30 KB, 400x266
>he doesn't boulder
It's the perfect activity to show off your gains and is fantastic for training muscle endurance.

I lift M,W,F and boulder Th and Sat. It's a great way to meet new people and the chicks who do it are all qt as fuck and literally come to get hit on so they actively try and talk to you.

Not only does it test your muscles, grip and balance to their fullest but bouldering is a thinking man's activity. It's more then just raw strength, you need to consider each and every hold, the correct way to twist and turn your body, and almost puzzle out the correct way to get to the top.

After a solid V8 or 9 I'm both physically and mentally exhausted.
Seriously /fit/ it's worth a try, you'll be surprised at how satisfying it is.
>>
Where's your gym OP?
>>
>>34973823
Metro Rock right outside Burlington.
>>
>>34973854
haha, holy shit me too. i boulder there once in a while and my friend works there. small world
>>
>>34973807
>bouldering
>muscle endurance

Breh, if I want to train endurance, I'm gunna be lead climbing. Also, what V9s have you sent outside?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
>>34974358
SHOTS FIRED
>>
used to boulder 2-3 times a week, on top of lifting, sometimes in the same day

the bulk just made it impossible to keep up, though. suddenly got heavy and got SO bad at climbing.

once I hit lmao3pl8 squat, I'll cut and hopefully get back into the sport.

there's a real psychological element to it that I like, pushes me in a different way. visceral fear makes you calmer the rest of your day.
>>
>>34974327
Friends name?

>>34974358
Not many I'll admit. I'm hoping to go out for a few trips before it starts snowing.
>>
climber girls are the hottest, no lie.
>>
File: wideboyzz.jpg (36 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
wideboyzz.jpg
36 KB, 460x300
>>34974394
God damn, you gotta be a masochist to really enjoy crack and offwidths, although there is something oddly satisfying about hand jamming and fingerlocking.
>>
>>34974422
>bouldering
>fear

Bro, unless you are climbing highballs over choss death landings you are probably just being a bitch.
>>
>>34974496
well i suppose i was really talking about ropes, which are still a little freaky for me, but even indoor bouldering often does take a bit of oomph making that last move and not bailing.

I'm by no means an expert climber though, and i'm undoubtedly a pussy compared to most.
>>
>>34973807
Climbingis harder than bouldering, it requires more endurance
>>
>>34974489
Anything including and wider than a first jam feels perfect to me. Love hand stacking and knee jamming on overhung stuff but finger cracks and especially ring locks kick my fucking ass. Went climbing this morning and worked on my small crack technique, I hate it
>>
>>34974429
his names ieuan
>>
Been bouldering for 8 years, currently suffering from arthritis caused by bone growth in my joints (not climbing related, genetics) which has greatly reduced my ability to climb. Sucks man. At least I can lift. Im a coach of a competitive kids team and also a CSCS. Ask me anything.
>>
>>34974691
Sorry to hear man. Ask me anything.
>>
between lifting 6 days a week, working on handstands, l-sits, one arm push ups and pullups, i just can't squeeze rock climbing in there, though i definitely would if i had a gym near me that is cheap (neither is available here)
>>
I've always wanted to do a bit of this on the side, how much do deals usually run at gyms?
>>
No place to climb where i live. :(
>>
>>34974691
>CSCS

That is baby shit bro.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.