[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mah bench is crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
so I have not been to the gym in a week and wont be able to go tomorrow so i decided I was going to do a full body workout today, I started with rows..did pretty well (pic) hit the squat rack... 495-585 for 10X3... then i get to bench and I can only put up 185... What can I do to overcome my weak ass chest problems!
>>
>>34972556

Nice blog post, you can start by going to QTDDTOT
>>
>>34972556
Bench more
>>
>>34972556

585 on t bar rows for 10? I don't think so, Tim. Hell, I bench twice what you do and can't row nearly that much.

Btw, though, if this isn't a troll post. If you can't put up 185 on bench then you aren't properly t-bar rowing the 225lbs you have there. The goal is to activate your rhomboids, not ego lift the highest amount that will move.
>>
>>34972617
585 is my squat bro... and there is 205lbs on the row there...
>>
>>34972616
i already bench 3 times a week, should i do it even more? From what i understand i shouldnt... but IDK!
>>
>>34972641

>I started with rows..did pretty well (pic) hit the squat rack... 495-585 for 10X3

You make it sound like you're rowing 585 in the squat rack.

Bench more if you want a higher bench. If you're squatting that weight and can hardly bench 185lbs you goof'd a long, long time ago.
>>
>>34972556
I would bet all of my money that you're squatting high.
>>
>>34972672
im all legs man, got tree trunks for legs and a chest like a prepubescent girl... I already bench 3 times a week! I mean I can bench 225 once or twice with a spotter but when i go for 10 im stuck at 185
>>
>>34972705
pfft NOPE! I go down to parrallel each time, maybe on the last one or two i cheat a little but I aint a sissy squatter
>>
Bench less.

I'dk family man try some assistance exercises, ones specific to your sticking point and limiting muscles. Try alternating flat bench with overhead press or incline bench, or bench heavy 2x a week but do incline bench or overhead as a secondary pressing move. And say if e.g. your triceps are the limiting factor, one day do an isolation triceps excercise (or a triceps dominant compound like CGBP), and the other day do a partial ROM bench as a specific triceps assistance exercise after bench and incline/overhead.
>>
>>34972818
I do decline bench and incline bench on alternating weeks, I am fairly certain my tricepts arent the problem because I can skull crush, dip and do that tricept pulldown with the rope with the best of them... IDK
>>
File: crow.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
crow.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>34972556
You can't squat that much. That's a more than elite amount of weight to squat.

You'd be a fool to think that we would believe that you have a novice bench press and an elite squat.

It's not physiologically possible.
>>
>>34972868
dude you're trolling fuck off, triceps was an EXAMPLE. If your chest is limiting, do flyes and paused bench, same thing. it's just an example.

and you say you alternate benches WEEKLY?
so you go
Week 1 flat bench
week 2 decline bench
week 3 incline bench

or whatever? DON'T do that. if (flat) benching is one of the lifts you want to focus on, you should be doing it heavy at least once a week, do flat and incline on the same day. do incline after flat and do lower reps on flat, you can also alternate which one is heavier workout to workout (heavy incline, light flat and vice versa the next workout)

also, IMO decline bench is pretty much worthless (with some exceptions..)
>>
>>34972915
it is possible.... because i do it... i told you im all legs man, and its not like im new to lifting
>>
>>34972941
i do flat bench every chest day and i do incline and decline as well on alternating weeks... im not trying to be a troll, im jut laying down facts damn it...
>>
>>34972915
would it help ease your mind to tell you im almost 300lbs and have been fat my whole life?
>>
>>34973048
>decline
Your not gonna make it
>>
>>34973088
no, 600 lbs squats are disgustingly high. I have a really hard time believing a casual fat dude can outsquat Candito and only about 60 lbs less than Layne Norton.
>>
>>34973396
well what do you want me to say, thats how much i squat, if you saw me you would understand... I am not going to lie tho squatting that much is scary, i have to use a belt and wrap my knees and when i lift it off the rack you can see it bend, sometimes when i have people watching me i will bounce a little and the bar will wobble like a good 4 inches lol
>>
If you cant bench more than 180 you cant squat 600 I dont care what you tell me. No one who can only bench 180 has the CNS capability to squat 600
>>
>>34974543
>>34972556

Absolutely. I assure you, of all the women who can squat 600 lbs that exist in the world, all of them can bench at least 2 plates. No questions asked.

You're either being a flaming pink pussy on bench or have some grotesque injury, like one of your pectoral tendons is completely severed.
>>
>>34974645

I think the one exception for a while was Jason Pegg, on account of damn near getting one arm blown off in Iraq.
>>
File: 1446509684996.jpg (97 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1446509684996.jpg
97 KB, 700x520
>>34974671
Right. But notice that I said 'of all the women'

Kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.