[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just diagnosed with cancer. Anyone tried lifting while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
I was just diagnosed with cancer.

Anyone tried lifting while on chemo?

I'm thinking about turning my natty card in, since chemo is gonna fuck me up anyways, so I'll at least make some sick gains.
>>
bruh, you're not going to have the energy to lift.
>>
>>34971272
Bruh if you're body is struggling don't use gear and make it struggle more.

Focus on beating it and then getting your gains back will be easy.
>>
>>34971272
Hell yes lift. Lift, die doing what makes you happy and a better person
>>
>>34971272
Is it bad? Have you thought about skipping chemo and going full /cheat/?
>>
>>34971344
It's not early stage, but I have pretty good chance of not dying. At first, I didn't want to go on chemo, but fuck it.
>>
>>34971272
>I'm thinking about turning my natty card in
Check with your doc b4 you start pinning test and shit. Anabolics can make certain cancers worse, if your doc says it's cool then go ahead. If anything the increase in appetite will help as well as the extra mass/strength gains. Just check with your doc.

Also weed might help with appetite if you struggle after chemo.

Hope you get better OP, fuck cancer!
>>
>>34971272
You'll have no energy.
Probably better asking your doctor whether its good to continue exercising or not though.

Hope you get through it brah.
Gains can be made once you've beaten it.
>>
Chances are if you have cancer, you don't have the genes to put on muscle, let alone to get a good physique.
>>
>>34971360
Do chemo nigga! Listen to your doc! Don't go doing some stupid ass alternative therapy bullshit!
>>
>>34971272
What kind of cancer? I'm probably going to get prostate cancer when I get older, my father and all his brothers had/have it.
>>
>>34971272
Ostarine
>>
>>34971360
OI if u have a good chance of beating it, then fucking beat it f a m. Get on chemo, no roids. Eat healthy, don't lift. You'll go skelly mode for real, but you'll live, and you'll come back with a new mindset and stronger than ever. Godspeed anon and I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>sick gains

Kekkle
>>
>>34971272
You could totally get legit roids prescribed.

You poor anon. Chemo is the cunt rash of all buttfucks. Good luck! For some folks it isn't quite so bad. But they are straight up trying their hardest to very nearly kill you.

>what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger
>well, at first it makes you weak as all buggery...

Try to keep doing some exercise, but I wouldn't dream of putting up heavy weights, certainly not overhead.

Hope you get that medicinal to help your appetite!!
>>
There is a guy in Plg named chemoliftan who was in your exact situation. Go ask him I'm sure he would help
>>
File: cancer.jpg (92 KB, 1059x627) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
92 KB, 1059x627
>>34971394
Amputate your prostate then before it's to late?
>>
>>34971536
My father got through it fine, no chemo, just a surgery and some minor stuff. Seems like it's really just about prevention. Also I don't know how to amputate my prostate desu
>>
>>34971590
what's that weeb shit, why can't I write to be honest anymore

fucking weeb mott
>>
>>34971470
>you will look like shit but atleast you'll have a new mindset

Luckily that's what's important in the current world. R-right guys? Guys?
>>
You'll need to focus on eating well and resting after the chemo, not working out.

Just focus on not dieing first anon, the gains can come after you beat this thing

Good luck
>>
>>34971272
That's what you get for eating meat.
>>
SARMS are literally being developed to stop muscle wastage in cancer patients. If there was ever a time when they werent just a meme for shills, this is now.
>>
What kind of cancer? Different cancers have different treatments.
I was on one of the hardest protocols available and i managed to do very light workouts until i got into the intensification and maintenance phase and then i started powerlifting. You have to stay active or you will not be able to recover as quick, and you put yourself at risk for blood clots, paralytic illeus and all kinds of other issues,
>>
>>34971924
A lifetime of meat with cancer at the end > A lifetime without meat
>>
>>34971644
Chink overlord fucked our shit up senpai
>>
>>34971924
Green man strikes again
>>
File: 1445630885868.jpg (30 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
1445630885868.jpg
30 KB, 640x478
>open thread to talk about chemoliftan
>hes already here
>>
>>34971957
What kind of training do you do while chemo?
>>
Read this dude's logs on the SS website

http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/intermediate-training-logs/40279-oldmans-chemotherapy-programming-log-post683385.html#post683385
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.