[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother with snatches at all if I train for general strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1440654072302.jpg (87 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1440654072302.jpg
87 KB, 453x604
Should I bother with snatches at all if I train for general strength purposes only? What athletic benefits do they offer? They really seem like a pointless exercise with no real-life carryovers.

I am not shitposting here. They look fun and I am willing to incorporate them into my routine, I just don't see a point unless you are into oly lifting.
>>
>>34970294
For general strength and explosiveness, the power variations of the snatch and clean are awesome. The power snatch will hit your upper back more as well as working on explosiveness, maybe even more so than power cleans. Although do both. Also fun.
>>
>>34970366
But yeah, the full variations are just bullshit unless you're into Oly or you really want to do them. The power variations are way better unless you acually want to compete.
>>
>>34970366

Ok, but I have power cleans for general explosiveness. I simply don't see how snatches simulate any real-life scenario; power cleans for example simulate colliding with something with your chest.
>>
File: 1442813425438.jpg (61 KB, 409x640) Image search: [Google]
1442813425438.jpg
61 KB, 409x640
>>34970294

Bump.
>>
>>34970294
Holy fucks, who is that chica?
>>
>>34970598
Why are you bumping your shit thread?
>>
>>34970294
whats her ig, my family...
>>
>>34970294
>>34970622
>>34970693
Alexis texas
>>
You're gonna want to train for aesthetics if you want snatches. They don't like builtfat guys
>>
>>34970294
So am I supposed to be looking at the whore or the dog?
>>
>>34970294
Her legs are/look so short it's like she's handicapped. 2/10. Would not bang.
>>
>>34973029
which is which?
>>
>>34973029
White people general?
>>
>Make a thread about fatties, manlets, whores etc.
>6 trillion replies in 5 minutes.
>Make a thread about fitness.
>Only a handful of half-assed responses.
>>
>>34976734
/fit/ is pure shitposting, go to bodybuilding.com for serious replies.
>>
>>34976750

To the realm of dudebrahs, with their brosplits and 3 protein shakes a day? Nah.
>>
>>34976788
u sound like a phaggot and u spout memes u dont know about
>>
>>34970294

You could.

The point of the snatch (outside of oly lifters or similar, course) is to train explosive triple extension. This is a good thing to have for a lot of sports and the speed does carry over to other strength movements to an extent, but the snatch is about the most technical, mobility-demanding movement that utilises it. You have a dozen or more similar exercises that just require less time and effort to achieve enough competency to get the same training effect.
>>
>>34976750
17yo skinny frustrated DYEL detected.
>>
>>34976788
Not sure if troll, or that guy that reins for years with no progress.
>>
File: 1446095089588.png (12 KB, 408x286) Image search: [Google]
1446095089588.png
12 KB, 408x286
>>34970411
>power cleans for example simulate colliding with something with your chest.
wut

So first, free weight motions aren't supposed to actually simulate motions you plan on doing as part of a sport (excepting power lifting or strong man competitions). They are primarily to force your body to adapt by growing stronger, larger muscles, denser bones, etc; while also training your nervous system to fully activate muscles in sequence and with balance.

Power cleans and power snatches are for forcing your muscles to gain power, as in literally increase their energy output speed. Primarily this affects the hips and muscles surrounding it, which is good, because nearly any sports movement that involves your feet being on the ground can be improved by increased power from the hips.

The power snatch affects almost exactly the same muscles as the power clean, but requires a higher speed of action with a lighter weight. The total power (used, again, in the literal physics sense, ie, measurable in watts) of the snatch is almost always higher in total. The two together provide a more complete power adaptation.
>>
>>34973853
holy fuck you're actually right hahahahah
>>
Are you that desperate for snatch OP? Just do you own thing, man.
>>
>>34977081

Ok. Thanks m8.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.