[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me not to go vegan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
Been thinking about going vegan desu lads. As long as i eat 150g of protein and mix up sources to get a complete amino acid profile are there any real drawbacks?

pic related, Jon Venus, a vegan bodybuildrer on youtube
>>
File: aylan 2.0.jpg (57 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
aylan 2.0.jpg
57 KB, 600x800
>>34968974
>before roids
>after roids

being vegan was irrelevant
>>
>>34969010
source on him roiding? he does have pretty bad acne to be fair, could be roids.

besides the point though. are there any obvious reasons to not go vegan i'm missing?
>>
>go on YouTube
>notice people who lie about steroids make a lot of money
>use steroids while claiming it's 'x fad thing'
>make a lot of money

I've seen it with bw exercises, vegetarian, and now vegan. I'm waiting for a cardio one.

"running like this got me huge and shredded"
>>
>>34969326
>that body
>COULD be roids
>>
>>34968974
1 year transformation - of which 99% is correct lighting.
>>
>>34969326
>that body
>that change in 1 year
>"could be roids"
come on man
>>
alright alright, Jon Venus doesn't count.

anybody actually got an answer for me? why should i not go vegan?
>>
>>34969439
Causes there's really no reason too
>>
>>34969375
>>34969432
sounds like jelly samefag to me.

that's perfectly attainable 1 year progress natty.
>>
>>34968974
>Be me about a year ago
>250lb 28% bodyfat, was very strong(built upper body but undermoobs and gut) trying anything to lose weight.
>Go vegan for a few months cause worked at whole foods and hippies convinced me.
>Lose 40lbs, working out hard
>Notice my strength depleting but was not overtraining.
>Fuck vegan diet, go back being a fatass(implying I still wasn't)
>Get all the way to 270lb
>This time a meat, veggie, protein shake eating style
>6 weeks in 245lb 25%bf roughly, strength vastly improved after months of veganing and lifting
>I don't know if I was doing it wrong, or maybe my body just reacts better with dead animuls
>I'm losing weight faster and getting leaner at a better pace then I was being vegan.
Do whatever the fuck you want though.
>>
>>34969439
I personally like meat, just go vegan if you want to.
>>
>>34969469
You've never lifted past noobgains have you
>>
>>34969449

i care as much about overall health as gains, that's why i'm thinking about it. i just need to know whether a muscular physique is genuinely attainable through the vegan diet.

>>34969481

yeah that's the thing, i don't like meat THAT much. i would definitely still eat it as a cheat meal but not day to day and some of the vegan recipes i've been looking at look awesome.
>>
>>34968974
Nice belly button
>>
>>34969502
D1 track athlete, now recreational raw powerlifter, 385/285/450 in first comp @ 195 bw.

I've known both powerlifters and especially jav throwers who've made bigger gains in a year natty. Don't try to make people think realistic goals aren't attainable.

sounds like you got stuck at 225 bench and can't get over it.
>>
>>34969613
evidently you don't have any fucking idea what bodyfat even means or what it does and how it relates to muscle and gains and being natty

I'm Obama btw
>>
>>34968974
Iron will be an issue
>>
>>34969654
Finally a legit answer. How exactly does iron affect muscle gain?
>>
>>34969439
>why should i not go vegan?

Do whatever you want with your life dude, I don't give a fuck; you could subsist entirely off of the ejaculate of horses for all I care. Just do everyone a favor and never make a shitty vegan thread on this fucking site again you dumb fuck.
>>
>>34969642
Don't know where that came from, but I do, and it's super possible to maintain 8-10% with that much muscle. Just look at college level sprinters.

So either you're trolling, or don't have the dedication to follow the work and diet you need to achieve a good physique and are super bitter. Either way, I'm out, have a good one!
>>
>>34969773
There's absolutely fucking zero college level sprinters with that amount of muscle mass and that bodyfat, let alone a transformation like that in a year, unless they're on drugs

you don't know shit, why are you even on this board?
>>
>>34969773
Most college level sprinters are 12-15% bodyfat in my experience since any lower than that will severely affect your performance. Some are often as high as 20% since they feel that they perform better at a higher bf, though that's usually just during training season from what I've seen.
>>
>>34969773
>college level
>natty

Pick one. I knew a track runner and doping was the norm in his club when he was 15. He wasn't even that serious about sports, it was just "normal". If doping is accepted in some clubs for literal teenagers then it sure as fuck is the norm once you reach early-pro stages in a sport.
>>
>>34969689

I like you.
>>
>>34968974
yezus christ he might need a bra for dem titteys
>>
>>34968974
major point:
what sparked the evolution of the human brain was the ice age where the animals all had a nice layer of fat, and eating all that fucking *animal* fat made our brains fucking huge up to the point it uses 25% of our daily energy. this is unseen in other animals.

if that alone doesn't make you NOT want to be vegan and eat MORE animal fat, here are a few more facts:
if you go vegan your brain will shrink 1% a year

also, you'll need vitamin b12 supplements since you can't get those from vegetables.

vegetable fats/oils are mostly trash for your body except for a few like olive oil, coconut oil and avocado fat

oh yeah also, humans have eaten basically meat and animal fat for 90% of its existance.

go ahead and become a vegan though.
>>
>>34968974
nightshades, grains and legumes are known for not being tolerable and for giving many many many human beings skin/mental problems
>>
>>34969423
this, he looks tge exact same, just different angle and lighting

jesus christ you noobies are retarded
>>
>>34968974
>real drawbacks
Not really for gains but you can't eat shit when you go out. You have to make pretty much all food yourself ot eat frenchfries when you're with friends. Also vegan protein has like half the protein/calorie ratio of normal stuff and costs 3 times more.

I tried it, not worth it imo senpai. Its not a bad diet if you do it properly, but you won't. Lets be real here. You're going to be eating rice, tofu, and fake whey for most of the week and then maybe a couple nice meals on the weekend.
>>
>>34970835

>eating all that fucking *animal* fat made our brains fucking huge up to the point it uses 25% of our daily energy. this is unseen in other animals.

if it's unseen in other animals why do you think it had anything to do with eating animal fat? if it doesn't have that effect on any other species that eat animal fat, isn't it more likely that something else increased brain size and intelligence?

>oh yeah also, humans have eaten basically meat and animal fat for 90% of its existance.

are you that guy that thinks humans all ate a keto diet for a million years and carbs didn't exist until 10,000 years ago?
>>
>>34970835
everything you said was just bullshit or just stupid arguments. Stop talking about things you know nothing about pls
>>
>>34970858

>quackscience
>>
>>34971001
>if it doesn't have that effect on any other species that eat animal fat, isn't it more likely that something else increased brain size and intelligence?

That can be said for literally anything early humans did you fuckwit.

Evil illuminati aliens building the pyramids confirmed.

>carbs didn't exist until 10,000 years ago?

Retard comparing fruit carbs to fucking hamburger buns. Why are you even on /fit/ senpai?
>>
>>34969502
don't take the bait
>>
>>34970926
>>34970835

genuinely thanks for the advice guys, this is the sort of stuff they don't mention on vegan bodybuilding sites i wanted to know. probably won't bother now.
>>
>>34970835

>if you go vegan your brain will shrink 1% a year

yes, ofcourse it will
>>
>>34969010
>using kids as human shield
>>
>>34968974
If you wanna go vegan, go vegan. It won't make a difference in the long term. Supplementing with creatine might be useful since plants don't contain it, obviously b12 and maybe some algae omega-3s.

That said, rather you then me.
>>
>>34968974
It's an easy way to enter cocoon mode as no one will bother inviting you anywhere because they can't be fucked putting up with vegan diet bullshit
>>
>>34969613
>385/285/450 in first comp @ 195 bw
What was the point of posting your shitty numbers?

>I've known both powerlifters and especially jav throwers who've made bigger gains in a year natty.
You're an idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 625x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 625x467
>>34969010
/thread
>>
>>34969439
Because youll ve associaring yourself with the scum of the earth and theres literally no reason for you to not eat whatever the FUCK you wanna eat to be honest family.

I mean if you want to go for it but its just restricting what you can and cant have.

Up to you
>>
>>34969683
Its a major mineral senpai. Your fuck your shit all the way up if you dont get enough of it
>>
>>34969375
>>34969432

I don't see how that is roids. There's literally no gain in muscle mass. He just cut and has a lower BF%.
>>
>>34968974

There's no reason not to go vegan. Just the hurr durr you'll become a preachy vegan scum meme

Make sure you get your b12, D and Omega3, you should be fine.

Also hemp protein powder.
>>
>>34972041
There's also no reason to go vegan.
>>
>>34969683
anemia
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.