[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone actually ever built their calves significantly? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: calfs.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
calfs.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Has anyone actually ever built their calves significantly? Or are people with no calve like me just fucked?

I have never seen a picture that shows actual calf progress.
>>
>>34964714
Same with me anon. I think nobody gives a shit about calves other than us though.
>>
>>34964725
No, people do give a shit about calves.
I used to be super fat and lost weight so I have nice calves.
>>
thats because nobody here actually trains calves

which then leads to people saying ''muh genetics'' even though they dont train it

yes you can build calves, but you need high reps(20) or go for a run and dont heelstrike
>>
>>34964714
Calves are rarely made in the gym.
Most people get calves from years of sports and walking/hiking. 3x15 calf raises twice a week or whatever isn't gonna do shit compared to years of high volume abuse outside of the gym.
>>
>>34964752
so post progress pics, I honestly haven't seen any pictures of growth in calves
>>
Yes i have grown them significantly(3 inches around)
Look up donkey calf raises, also like the other anon said, jog on the ball of your feet
>>
>>34964714
Unless you're walking on fucking toothpicks, no one gives a shit
>>
Can you at least keep your fatty calves after you've lost weight?
>>
>>34964714
>had small calves
>did ss+gomad
>calves got bigger
>everything else got a lot bigger
>calves look smaller in comparison
>>
I started boxing and with all the bouncing around on my toes my calves doubled in size.
>>
I train my calves with same intensity and attention as any other part of my body and I can see the progress. Genetics are related to the size and shape of your calves but still, anybody can have nice calves, Just tren hard :)
>>
>>34964962
FUCK
>>
File: mfw.jpg (112 KB, 610x698) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
112 KB, 610x698
>>34964766
This is total bollox. I'm a barefoot runner with 2 barefoot marathons done (and all the assoicated training), I still have skinny calves.

I also mountain run. Running up steep hills is probably the hardest thing you can do on your calves. Volume and load wise.

Of course, if you look at elite runners of all distances 100m to ultra, they all have skinny calves. The massive calf thing is a meme. They serve no purpose unless you're squatting beyond 2.5bw.

Do a quick google search of oly lifters... virtually no massive calves. Do a search for sprinters, virtually no massive calves.

Oh sorry OP, I forgot you were OP and not interested in performance or excellence, merely what the boys think of you.
>>
>>34965075
The following is completely anecdotal.

I live in Austria. Lotsa great fucking mountains and I go rock climbing, hiking, mountainbiking all summer every year. Most locals I meet on the trails or the villages have huge fucking calves. Also I experience the hardest burn in my calves when going back down the mountain. Steep slopes, treacherous footing and maybe a barely existing path.

Could be that running on flat surfaces is just not the right exercise.
>>
Agreed, calves are almost entirely genetic and have very little response to training. Even Mr Olympia competitors like Dennis Wolf, Dexter Jackson, Eddie Abbew, all have otherwise excellent genetics and huge response to AAS and other drugs and yet have tiny calves.

I've trained them 3x a week for 4 years using high weight low reps, low weight high reps, incline walking etc. and have only seen half an inch gain in size. In comparison training arms I've seen a gain of over 4 inches in that time period.
>>
>>34964714
being a fat cunt gives you mad calves, it's the one benefit of starting out fat. Also oly lifting helped lots.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2954) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2954
Who nice calves here?
>>
File: Calves.jpg (713 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
Calves.jpg
713 KB, 1936x2592
>>
If you do 3x12, stop.
MINIMUM is 3x30. That's -minimum-
The calves need a lot of stimulus. They're meant for endurance. High weight won't do a thing. Do them inward, neutral and outward, 2 times a week for 3x30 each direction with a light weight, but where you feel the burn in the last ten each time.
>>
How do you actually train calves?
>>
>>34964714
I always walked everywhere my whole life and I walked pretty fast, so my calves are the only parts of my body that have always been well developed. Disproportionately thin calves are probably one of the goofiest looking things imo.
>>
I was pretty skeleton about a year ago and I've gotten multiple comments from friends/family about my calves specifically. I train them 4-5 times a week and for a couple months I would do calf raises every day while brushing my teeth. I think it worked.
>>
I'm skinny as fuck, but girls always compliment me on my calves. Been playing sports (mostly bball and soccer) all my life.
>>
File: BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
>>34964714
There are ZERO progress pictures of calves on the internet because all people can say is "oh I used to weigh 330 pounds that's why I have big calves" that's not helpful goddammit.

tl;dr calves don't grow
>>
>>34964714
massive calves look fucking retarded. Run and skip rope and you'll have good calf development with the rest of your body mass.

Seriously everyone is trying to get massive calves- that shit is only for fat people and manlets. Mother fuckers think Gimli is the king of aesthetics baka.
>>
>>34967553
I wish I had thought to get calves in my progress pics because they have definitely grown a good amount. Most people probably don't do it because they're dyels that just want big arms/chest/abs so that's all they take pics of at the start. I'll try to remember to include calves in my pics next year, just to see.
>>
>>34967564
There's a difference between big/strong calves and massive calves that look like huge tumors or your legs. Big calves are definitely a good look and a goal worth going for.
>>
>>34965075
maybe that's because you're a fucking skinny bitch so your calves can't hipertrophy on your bw alone

I have massive calves, and can say that it's partially genetic, but also because of me using heavy boots since I was 12
>>
>>34964714
>Be fat
>Start lifting
>Get slender girl legs that if I shaved would look gay

I hate this place
>>
>>34967263
took me too long to realize this was a front picture. I was wondering wtf was up with your legs lol
>>
I did Muay Thai for two years, my calves got huge. I haven't trained in almost two years but I'm gonna start up again. I was honestly in the best shape of my life during heavy muay Thai training.
>>
>>34965075
Did you ever participate in a real sport? One with contact where you struggled against someone else who is potentially stronger than yous body?
>>
>>34964714
There definitely is a genetic component. You may notice you inherited the thigh genetics from one parent and the calves genetics of another. It all comes down to really your body weight and if you doing the right exercise for your calves relative to their strength. if your normal weight 20 pound calf raises may seem really easy to and you should bump to 30 pound dumbell in each hand calf raises.
>>
File: babby cows.jpg (78 KB, 481x691) Image search: [Google]
babby cows.jpg
78 KB, 481x691
>>34967263
/nicecalves/ here

>>34967372
constant walking on surfaces with varying incline
>>
>>34965075
Dude, get real. Your calves are skinny because your everything is skinny. Marathon runners aren't built and you burn way too many calories for any sort of hypertrophy to be remotely possible. I used to be 150kg and liked walking, I've slimmed down since and my calves are aesthetic as fuck. They're much harder to build when the insertions are long, so most people give up, but a walking/running motion is exactly what calf development needs, together with calories.

I have a friend with very high calf insertions who's also a somewhat active half-bearmode/half-fatass and he looks like he's walking on pistons.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.