[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1440145358966.png (5 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1440145358966.png
5 KB, 255x253
Health question for you /fit/:

How do you guys deal with the crippling anxiety and panic attacks? I'm on ativan but only take one when it gets bad, when I feel like I'm going to die.

I'm not a neet, have a good job, and having nothing to worry about. Shit sucks, brahs.
>>
File: jfk.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
>Been on various anti depressants for years
>still get daily panic attacks
>>
>>34964460

What triggers your attacks? The horrible feeling that makes me think my hearts gonna explode comes out nowhere.
>>
>>34964476
>being 'forced' into conversations
>car rides
>watching tv with the roomies
>awkward pauses/silence
>thinking negatively
>>
I deal with it by not being a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 1443803800110.jpg (20 KB, 306x303) Image search: [Google]
1443803800110.jpg
20 KB, 306x303
>>34964601

Working on that! I never believed in this shit and would talk down to people when they brought it up. Now that I deal with it on a daily basis, I do regret being so mean to those who told me about it earlier.
>>
File: smhtbhfam.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
smhtbhfam.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>34964601
This also helps
>>
>>34964592

Did you try any mental exercises to help you out? I would hate to have to rely on pills just to make it through the day.
>>
>>34964395
What does an attack feel like? Recently I was just sitting in my chair and my chest started feeling warm/tight and I thought I'd have to get out of my room and downstairs to people in case I fainted or something. It lasted for like 10 seconds before it ended. I started breathing deeply and slowly, but I don't know if it helped or it was just ending at the same time.
I haven't had something like this happen before, and I haven't been especially stressed out, so I don't know what it was.
>>
>>34964643
Happy thoughts x f*
>>
>>34964658

Exactly the same thing. I'll be sitting there and my fight or flight suddenly kicks in, my breath becomes shallow, my chest feels tight, and my brain just goes completely haywire because it doesn't know how to react.

Unfortunately for me, I still don't know what triggers it.
>>
>>34964740
Anon told me a few weeks ago that his fight or flight tense feelings passed and when he got older, he kind of missed that feeling. Idk
>>
File: 1447324343349.jpg (65 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447324343349.jpg
65 KB, 480x360
>>34964777

It eventually does go away, after my body is done pumping me full of adrenaline. I'm 27 so getting old isn't an option :(
Running and doing cardio do seem to help immensely. I'm trying to learn how to accept it as it's not something you can cure.
>>
Not eating shit, and learning to cope with social situations has helped me. It's not an easy process
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.