[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ommandos that have seen combat deployments, was it all worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: soldier-smoking.jpg (20 KB, 336x237) Image search: [Google]
soldier-smoking.jpg
20 KB, 336x237
/k/ommandos that have seen combat deployments, was it all worth it in the end?

if you could do it all over again, would you do anything differently?
>>
>Was it all worth it in the end?
No, i didn't volunteer for this type of work.
>Would you do anything differently?
There's no different ways to do the things i did, there was no room for error anyways.
>>
File: abrakadabra.jpg (60 KB, 966x662) Image search: [Google]
abrakadabra.jpg
60 KB, 966x662
I tried my best to keep things fun.
>>
yes
No
>>
>>34963287
can you explain anon?
>>
>>34963207
yes i would do it again
i would deploy right now
i miss my boys
>>
>>34963242
>ABRACADABRA

wish i had saved this
>>
>>34963397
>>>/gif/7707845
>>
>>34963207
Canadian here, best time in my life were in Afghanistan.

I also have lost 2 of my buddies and another to suicide. Also a fucking whore that cheated me while I was deployed, who I divorced.

I now work at a security firm, pretty easy work decent pay. My back is also fucked up good from all the years in.

Everything was worth it, I wanted do this since I was kid.
>>
File: 7.62chan.png (66 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
7.62chan.png
66 KB, 300x100
>>34963430
>lost my arm
>worth it
>>
File: jackie_chan_laughs.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jackie_chan_laughs.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>34963353
thank you anon! not only for a webm, but also for showing me that thread.
>>
>>34963207
My grandfather was a 3 time war vet. Left for WWII when he was 17. Also served in Korean war and then later did the Vietnam war. He was a fucking badass. He did medic work and eventually got addicted to morphine kek. I guess he was exposed to too much of it.

Father went to kuwait and Iraq as a scout in 02/03. Some would argue that was the absolute worst time to go b/c there was zero infrastructure for the soldiers. No internet, the iridium satellite phones were super expensive and you were limited to maybe a 5 minute phone call once a month. You ate MREs for every single meal. Slept outside in the heat. No air conditioning. Everything just sucked ass. Nowadays you have a PX, Burger King, third party nationals doing everything, internet, FABs with air conditioning, plumbing, cafeterias, Xbox. Fuck dude it sounds so easy.

I haven't deployed yet, but I've told myself that I will not get out of the Army until I deploy at least once. And considering my unit, it's pretty likely. But I'm support so i'll be a fobbit and enjoy the comfy life.

My grandfather told my dad he has to experience it at least once, my dad told me I have to experience it. They said life becomes so simple, you become a minimalist, you care less about complicated things, and you become a better stoic, and most of all, you actually become a man. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
shit thought I switched over to /k/ for a sec. had to check the tab like 3 times.
>>
>>34963207
>>>/trash/
>>
>>34963477
Right? When I saw this in the catalog on my phone I got so confused. I haven't been on /k/ in like a month.
>>
>>34963452
Don't see anything about an arm there.
>>
>>34963517
I lost my arm.
>>
I lost a very longtime friend and live a very isolated life at the age of 31, i would never do it again.
>>
ADF NCO Navy.
Yes.
Yes.
>>
>>34963207
>was it all worth it in the end?
No
>would you do anything differently?
I would join the airforce
>>
File: 179142-thumb.jpg (139 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
179142-thumb.jpg
139 KB, 880x587
>>34963457
>and most of all, you actually become a man. I'm looking forward to it
Peace time military =/= war time military

Pic is what you'll be doing. I hope you consider yourself a feminist ally and plan on voting for Sanders, you'll have an easier time.
>>
>>34963608
Yeah don't worry. My pops already gives me enough shit about the current day Army. It honestly is pretty pathetic. SHARP, MRT, ACE, EO training every fucking month. Maybe I should denounce my US citizenship and just go to Russia and join their military.
>>
>>34963608
>mfw all those stripes on the guy in the foreground

O fuk. But weren't these guys a bunch of ROTC students?
>>
>>34963521
W-what does your routine look like?
>>
I went to Iraq, didn't see any actual combat but it wasn't for lack of trying.

I would consider doing it again but I'm too old to go back in now.

If I had to do it over again, I would have joined right out of high school. I'd have my 20 years by now.
>>
>>34963522
death doesn't exist bro. only way you can connect with your buddy again is be in pure positive energy like he is.
>>
I'm sitting on my comfortable bed right now watching television.

Needless to say, I would rather be sitting in some dirt or sleeping in a cot in bumfuck Afghanistan.

I might join again if the troops get sent back over.
>>
Anons how did you know you'd be able to handle it? I'm considering going infantry but am concerned I'll get deployed and bitch out/hate it/be really shit at it and let the team down. Any advice brehs?
>>
armyfag here. being deployed is fucking fun, being in garrison is gay as fuck. have a little over a year left on my contract, debating about reenlisting. the army is super fucking sjw in garrison though and i feel like a fucking welfare queen because i literally have no job outside being deployed and training/tdy.
>>
>>34964085
You get over it.

I was a little scared at first but a couple months in I was looking forward to it.
>>
>>34964021
same
>been out a year now
>not fitting into civilian society well
>no civilian friends
>arrested three times
>money problems
>co workers say i look mad all the time
>they are all either scared of me or hate me

maybe Obama will grow a pair
but my bulks going really well so yea
>>
>>34964120
What about just being really shit at it? My reaction times are pretty shit and I'm not great at thinking fast. I'm mainly worried with getting someone else/myself killed from a mistake. (Cheers for the advice as well man)
>>
>>34964085
your not gonna get deployed shits over ya missed it
>>
>>34964127
Breh... Let's be brehs...

>got out July 2014
>got divorced
>grades dropped from A's to C's
>got fired from job
>got arrested
>financially fucked and only relying on GI Bill
>ex co workers used to tell me all the time that I was too "military" and needed to open up more around customers
>only like 3 civilian friends
>>
>>34964152
Some of the smartest and dumbest people I've ever met in my life were grunts.

Just be fit and keep your shit together and you'll be fine.

It's really not difficult, just don't be a dumbass or a bitch.
>>
>>34964181
Alright cheers for the advice lads!
>>
>>34964175
shit breh
Got out july 2014 too army fag
>11B but B4
My ex GF always told me to open up more
told her one story about picking up exploded hjia parts and she gave me the what the fuck look
>never again people ask but fuck that come off as some weird psycho
>>34964085
Also don't just go 11B because it sounds cool go with something that will help you in the civilian world or that gives you a fat bonus
>>
went on a deployment to trashcanistan
didn't see combat, just got mortar'd by people who can't aim mortars.

got fucking huge at the gym, basically started me into lifting.

fobbit life is like a really shitty vacation.
>>
>>34964181
11b is a grab bag mos

half are patriots who don't have enough brain cells to be something better

half are patriots who want adventure. i was surprised to find that a bunch of them had a bachelors, wanted to pay off the loan, but then picked 11b.
>>
>>34963353
Based as fuck OP
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/k/27927812
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.