[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you redpilled on fitness >science? Did you know that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: NAFAACT1.jpg (789 KB, 1500x1123) Image search: [Google]
NAFAACT1.jpg
789 KB, 1500x1123
Are you redpilled on fitness >science?

Did you know that fitness corporations make billions of dollars each year by selling you shitty products that have zero scientific evidence.
>HUUR DURR MY CREATINE
Yes, creatine works, but that’s about the only one of your 500 supplements with scientific evidence to back it up.

Did you know that fitness corporations lobby anti-obesity >science? This is to shame people of size into buying their shitty products.

You call fatties stupid, yet you are all on the same level.
Pic related, some real science that gets buried and ignored because it’s not profitable
>>
I don't use any ''fitness products'' except for my wl shoes.

I don't care which party lobbies for anti-obesity. Just like I don't care which party lobbies for anti-cancer. Fat shaming is a good thing.
>>
>>34958753
Who do you think bury your >real >science
>>
>>34958753
>Yes, creatine works, but that’s about the only one of your 500 supplements with scientific evidence to back it up.

bullshit
multivitamins, fish oil, and some other supps are pretty good.
they won't specifically increase muscle size or power, but are very beneficial for overall health.

of course, if you consistently eat a perfect diet that provides you with enough of ALL the micronutrients that exist, they won't do anything. but very few people manage to do that.
>>
>>34958784
Warlock shoes?
>>
Yeah but let's be real here.

Nootropics actually do work.
>>
So instead of losing weight, you decided 2 find arguments for why you shouldnt, you lazy fat fuck.
>>
>>34958753
>pic
>single study = scientific consensus

How about GTFO and come back when you understand how science works.
>>
>>34958849
there are tons, ever heard of file-drawer effect?

Yeah.
>>
Diets do work, people just don't stick to them
>>
>>34958753
Well yes the picture is only technically right. If the study is the one I am think of it followed people who dieted over the course of 5 or 10 years and found that like 90 or 80% of the people who lost weight eventually gained it all back.

Make of it what you will
>>
>>34958886
>mentions an effect that involves the omission of useless or statistically folly studies
>"Yeah."

holy fuck you're literally retarded
>>
File: NAAFACT2.jpg (840 KB, 1500x1123) Image search: [Google]
NAAFACT2.jpg
840 KB, 1500x1123
>>34958834
>lazy fat fuck
this ignorance is exactly why this word is going to shit.

pic related
>>
>>34958753

That picture just makes me angry.

1st claim: No shit. When people are on any sort of caloric restriction, they'll suffer psychologically and physiologically if they're on that diet long enough. But you know what else is being bad for your psychological and physiological well being? Being fat.

2nd claim: Also, no shit. People view "dieting" as a temporary phase in their life as opposed to a life style change. When their caloric restriction ends, they'll go back to eating like a freaking slob that doesn't exercise. What do you think happens when you don't exercise and eat correctly? You're going to gain the weight back.

tl;dr
>1st claim: caloric restriction is shitty for your body, but being fat is far worse.
>2nd claim: diet = > temporary.
>>
File: 1446623127838.jpg (12 KB, 290x218) Image search: [Google]
1446623127838.jpg
12 KB, 290x218
>>34958886

I'm not sure I understand. Are you planning on proving your point using hypothetical unpublished studies?
>>
>>34958809
exactly
this man is redpilled, the rest of you not so much
>>
File: crying_fatman.png (25 KB, 538x472) Image search: [Google]
crying_fatman.png
25 KB, 538x472
>>34958961
>>34958753
>>34958886

>Two pictures of disgusting fat-asses in motion to imply that fat => fit.
>Three (III) (3) studies to back this up.
>A vague suggestion that there may potentially be studies somewhere filed away that would support your point. Can't name a single one.
>"yeah"

Ok, kid. Found the fatty.
>>
>>34958753
>Posts a quote obviously from an article but no article
>>
>>34958961

Must be hard being a fat person. Boohoo, stress, wahhh i'm fat, considering I can think of 100 things more stressful than just being fat and those people aren't morbidly obese.

>2/10 I took the b8
>>
File: 62343536.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
62343536.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
>>34958961
>>34958753

>Bitesize

>
>>
>>34958784
I got a free bottle of BCAA+ (90 tablets) with ordering oats on myprotein, what are those supposed to do?
>>
>>34958961
Just stop being fat.
Stress solved.
>>
thinking fitness corporations make enough money to lobby gov't when what they make in a year some mainstream corporations make in a few months

Perhaps you should look up the lawsuit from the gov't against fitness companies. Sorry but unless youre selling bullshit to idiots too stupid to figure it out your ass is getting sued selling synthetic chemicals in supplements from China to people
>>
fat people fund billion and trillion dollar corporations with their fuckups

0/10 null and void
>>
>>34958753
lazy fat ass detected.
>>
>>34958784
>>34958823
[cyan] Warlock boots for 500g [cyan]
>>
File: git gud.png (8 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
8 KB, 1152x648
>>34958753

Eurofag here. I'm shaking with rage right now. Had a good nights sleep, had a very pleasant morning and i decided to browse /fit/ before work and i come across THIS?

Holy shit.

Jesus fucking christ, have you ever heard of posting the source when making a claim? What you are proposing is just ludicrous. Get back on Tumblr or some "alternative" health forum. You don't belgong here. Period. You fat fuck.
>>
>>34963587
truth hurts

sources are in the image

Yeah.
>>
>>34963796
They literally aren't. Name, year does not constitute a source.
Name, journal, year, page number. That is a source.
>>
>>34963796
GTFO my /fit/
>>
>>34958753
>Sponsored by the food drug and plastic surgery industry
>>
>>34964134
NAAFA apostles seem to be very paranoid in general, bordering psychosis.

"Vegetables are good for you"
>this is what the wellness industry wants you to believe
>they are murdering us with their propaganda
>naafa.jpg
>>
>>34958753
>redpill
>general knowledge about the supplement industry
>>
>>34958961
Stress on their joints for sure.
>>
>>34958753
Fad diets are bullshit though. Literally no one on /fit/ has ever disputed that or suggested fad diet faggotry.

What does work is eating less calories than your TDEE then eating your TDEE when a reasonable weight is reached.
>>
File: 1446529315344.png (286 KB, 595x584) Image search: [Google]
1446529315344.png
286 KB, 595x584
>>34964644
>Fad diets are bullshit though
What about keto?
>>
>>34964668
Talking about paelo, random number combination diets, etc.

Don't know enough about keto to comment.
>>
File: 1447875841369.jpg (12 KB, 255x210) Image search: [Google]
1447875841369.jpg
12 KB, 255x210
>people on diets they don't plan on continuing for their whole lives
>>
>>34964683
I've lost about 40 lbs on keto it does work, but thinking of not eating meat since it is causing cancer. Really low fuckin Carb, take cold showers, and drink cold water.
>>
>>34958753
>lazy sacks of shit will loose motivation and wont gain lasting effect from diets
It totally means fat is healthy guyse!
>>34958961
>literally circular reasoning
>>
File: don draper disparaging.jpg (10 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
don draper disparaging.jpg
10 KB, 285x298
>>34958753
>Dieting
>Diets

Do hambeasts not understand that "diet" just means what you eat and how frequently you eat it

Don't they get that literally everyone is always dieting

Do they sincerely believe that "Diet" means "I ate nothing but juice for three days and I put on weight wtf diets don't work guys"

Do they think that if they start eating at a deficit they'll spontaneously borrow energy from quantum vacuum and get fat again or do they have a fundamental misconception of how dieting works and think they can just "stop dieting" and keep losing weight

Do they think that "Bite sized" is a funny pun on them being hambeasts with no self control or are they literally talking about the fact that they've only got two sources and both of them are misrepresented to look like they're saying diet control is bad
>>
>>34965082
>bite sized
>NAAFA
>>
>>34965082

I would bear your fucking children anon, that's how awesome you've been right now.
>>
>>34958961
I really hope you're trolling. If you aren't, enjoy lugging your fat around and not having who you're attracted to be attracted to you.
>>
>>34964846
>meat causes cancer
Not going into vegan/meat shitposting thread but you really should reconsider how you digest information if you think that.
Actually read the goddamn studies instead of just looking at shitty news sites, it doesn't say meat causes cancer.
It is ONE study, which can't conclusively say anything, and it says that PROCESSED meats have a statistically significant effect on cancer rates, that's it.
It hardly comes with a mechanism of action nor does it show that normal meats do this.
Who would of thought shitty hotdogs that are full of nitrates would do this?
Seriously, read before you change your lifestyle like all these morons and shills.
>>
>>34958916
Precisely. "Most diets fail" is technically true, but "Most fat people don't have the willpower to make permanentchanges to their eating habits" is a lot more accurate.
>>
>>34966069

And you would SHAME these people instead of trying to support them, instead of acknowleding that their struggle is real?

Tsk tsk tsk.

Seems you really DO need to educate yourself, like OP says. Or atleast show basic human decency. Jesus.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.