[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the hands-down cheapest way to eat healthily, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What is the hands-down cheapest way to eat healthily, /fit/?

Hands-down cheapest as in it doesn't matter the slightest whether it tastes bad or has no variety - suppose the only things that matter are that it's as cheap as possible and healthy
>>
>>34956043
Rice and beans I would assume because you get a shit load out of each pack you buy.
>>
>>34956043
25 lb bags of oatmeal
bulk beans
eggs
bulk frozen veges
>>
>>34956043
Bulk rice
Bulk oats
Frozen broccoli
Chicken Thighs
Eggs
>>
Eat mostly whole grains and beans with some cheap fruit and veg

>whole wheat pasta
>sweet potatoes
>brown rice
>oatmeal
>bananas
>oranges
>barley
>peas
>lentils
>carrots
>kale
>black beans
>white beans
>>
Rice
Beans
Whatever meat is on sale
Lard or butter
Whatever veggies are on sale
Potatoes

Seriously just buy what's on sale or super cheap though. Most meat and veggies go on sale for cheap weekly.

>>34956657
Since when is kale, peas, or barley cheap? Also not so subtle vegan detected.
>>
>>34956877

>Since when is kale, peas, or barley cheap?

Where do you live where these tthings are cheap? Near me, a big bundle of kale runs $1-2, bag of frozen peas are $1, pound of dried peas are $1.50, and barley is around $1-1.60 a pound

>Also not so subtle vegan detected.

Just by coincidence. The healthiest and cheapest foods are usually plants.
>>
>>34957461

*where these things aren't cheap

Also

>healthy
>lard or butter
>>
basicly what everyone else said and I would like to add; watermelons

tons of nutrients and cheap as fuck
>>
/fit/ if I wanted to cook all my meals on a Sunday for the coming week, how long will cooked chicken last in the fridge? Would it last the 6/7 days until Saturday? Or would I have to say cook enough for Sunday-Tuesday and cook more again on Wednesday?
>>
Oats, rice, beans, bread, bananas and frozen green vegetables.
>>
>>34956043

I don't get how people think it costs more. Unless you buy pure fresh every day then its comparable.

Peppers are between £1.75 and £4 where I live and work depending on where you buy em and what type they are. Frozen veg is from £1 - £3 per kilo (again based on brand). Decent meat can be up to £75 for nearly a months supply (eg. Online Meat retailers such a Muscle Food). Frozen fish is like £5 for about a dozen fillets and shrimp / prawns are dirt cheap. On average a total shop in a month comes to around £180. That's £2160 a year or a £41.54 a week. That covers 3-4 meals a day.

Eating crap like McDonald would be £8 a day minimum for one meal or £56 a week / £2912 a year just for a single meal a day. Even assuming I went all out for shitty micro-wave meals they still come to about £3 each which is £189 a week eating them 3 times a day.
>>
>>34957868
>Muscle Food

You ever tried these?
http://www.musclefood.com/meat/exotic-meat/bug-burgers.html

Might pick some up for shits and giggles
>>
Beans, rice, chicken, milk, eggs (limit these tho), oats, frozen vegetables

Hella
>>
rice
beans
potatoes
whatever meat is on sale
whatever veggies are on sale

living poor fag all my life, the meat and veggies improve your skills as a cook, since youll be dealing with a lot of different stuff

or you can just stirfry the meat/veggies and be done with it

>but rice is boring anon
soy sauce
fried egg, poached egg, sunny side egg, cook however you like and mix in with the rice
plain yogurt
>>
OK OP, I am /fit/, and I have a 3 inch penis
I'm going to say this as simply as I can

To avoid humilation, NOT EMBARESSMENT, that is unavoidable, to avoid HUMILIATION of the complete, devastating variety you have to carry steroids everywhere. Don't use them. They are bad for you. But carry them everywhere.

That is what I do.
For example at work, I carry them in and put them in my locker in the morning and make sure that when I put them in, I 'flash them' to my co-workers, who then talk about it to my other co-workers. When I go to the supermarket I accidentally drop them onto the counter with my items then pick them up. When I am in line at the bank I pull them out of my wallet to 'find my lost debit card'.

In short, I ensure everyone thinks I roid.
Because if everyone thinks I roid everyone expects me to have a shrivelled roid dick, so nobody willing to fuck me will be expecting anything else.
>>
>>34957461
>The healthiest and cheapest foods are usually plants.

Lol.
>>
>>34957926
Why would you limit eggs? They're cheap as fuck and healthy too.

>>34957985
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>34956043
coconuts, peanuts, eggs, legumes, potatoes, apples, apples, apples

sales or grow some vegetables
>>
>>34956043
Get some better than bullion for your broths. You can make soups easy with it and left overs. It also works good for gravies for stews and pies and stuff. Also, healthy taste the best, if you know how to cook. Its also quite cheap.

Watch "America's Test Kitchen", (for free on pbs, and if you don't watch pbs do so, it will make you smarter) its the greatest cooking show ever.
>>
>>34957896

Yes.

Get some sauce for it. I found all of them to be dry as fuck.
>>
I like getting whole pork tenderloins, beef roasts on sale and cut them into steaks and freeze some, chicken thighs. Always look for the best sales and buy them whenever even if you don't need meat you can always freeze it for later.
>>
>>34958696
Also potatoes and onions are east to grow and get a shitload for free. Oh and making jams/marmalade or flavored bbq sauces is a good way to get rid of fruit/veg thats about to go bad. You can also save the drippings and fat from meats as well as some veggies and make stocks for later. Baking bread is cheap as shit too (although arguable not /fit/).
>>
>>34958696
>>34958735
Bread is totally /fit/. If it wasn't then neither would rice, root veggies, beans, etc.
>>
beans
oats
peanuts
soy
brocoli
arugula in your back yard (for calcium)
fruits, whatever you like
avocados, if you don't like peanuts and must have a font of fats.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.