[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go about quitting smoking? Ive tried weaning myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: SmokingFish.jpg (31 KB, 468x305) Image search: [Google]
SmokingFish.jpg
31 KB, 468x305
How do I go about quitting smoking?

Ive tried weaning myself off them, but end up smoking just as many as before after a week. I've tried going cold turkey, but FUCCCK...it was easier to give up a three year amphetamine habit.

I'm desperate and sick of being at the whim of these little fucking sticks.

Please help me...
>>
Domt have to, they dont slow gains
>>
>>34955352
Yeah, but my lungs feel like they're full of syrup, are no where near as efficient as they used to be. Chest pains worry me and I miss just feeling healthy.
>>
Nicotine replacement therapy.

Electronic cigarettes are the closest analogue but they're not approved for medical NRT in any country yet.
>>
>>34955412
Do they help you wean off? Or would I simply be replacing one expensive habit or a slightly more expensive one?

I'm an addict, so if I enjoy something, I'll do it to death. I cannot self moderate.
>>
File: nuk5_2.jpg (248 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
nuk5_2.jpg
248 KB, 844x476
>>34955439
Well e-liquid is significantly cheaper than tobacco if you live in Western Europe or North America and you can buy it in different nicotine dosages to titrate down. You will likely still be physically habituated to the act of smoking (or vaping) but it's not really harmful (especially compared to cigarettes). There's always a third option.
>>
>>34955482
The third option being?

I'd rather figure out a way to just go cold turkey. I know it'll suck, but it's like feeling off a plaster on a hairy shin....quick and painful, but all done before you know it.
>>
File: sv14.jpg (30 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
sv14.jpg
30 KB, 350x263
start smoking pic.

it will make it easy for you to quit with ziggurats, after 2 weeks. stop smoking the sigarillos. it might sound strange, but it helps you quit ziggurats, there's some nasty shit in there.
>>
>>34955534
I cannot fathom how on earth this is supposed to work.
>>
>>34955525
Pic related...
>>
>>34955572
Quirky...

If this works, I'll pay you a thousand pounds.
>>
>>34955580
Just pretend you're a 24/7 raver or something.

Get an ecstasy drip to back your story up.
>>
>>34955538

Well, sigarillos are much cleaner than ziggurats, they are just dried and rolled tabacco, while ziggurats are made to be cheap, crappy filled with chemicals, and while nicotine is strong on the addiction, there some other shit in there that fucks you up. the Sigarillos are much cleaner and mostly just nicotine, and they are easy to quit, just smoke your last one befor bed, and sleep them off, the next day you just eat a fuck load, and the next day, your free from you slavery to ziggurats. I mostly just have a cheat day once a month now, where I can smoke a nice sigar. its a lot better for me, and more fun.
>>
>>34955609
Hmmm....

Worth keeping in mind. I'm not convinced, but I'm not going to shit on this before trying it out.
>>
>>34955329
What? Is quitting amphetamine hard?

When I gave up adderall, I just laid on the floor smiling for a week before I regained my energy.
>>
>>34955629

I was chowing down between and eighth and a quart a day.

Adderall may be buzzy, but that shit ain't got nothing on some decent amphetamines.
>>
>>34955329
>I've tried going cold turkey, but FUCCCK...it was easier to give up a three year amphetamine habit.
go cold turkey, or try nicotine gum, then transition to regular gum
used to be an avid smoker myself from 15-18 but stopped cold turkey.

An acquaintance of mine swears by lollipops
>>
>>34955678
I've been smoking for fifteen years...
>>
>>34955329

I smoked a pack a day for 8 years and quit this year in February. I went and bought a decent ecig for like $80 and used it for a week or two to just break the habit of buying and smoking. After that I was too embarrassed about gaping and quit all nicotine. I still get cravings here and there out drinking because you can smoke indoors here (nv). I'll bum one then wake up smelling it and be disgusted.
>>
>>34955678
>>34955735
yeah there's a big fucking difference between being and edgy teenager smoking a pack a week and smoking for 15 years
>>
>>34955770

About vaping*, I don't gape. My butthole is incredibly tight.
>>
>>34955329
Quitting smoking is easy you fag just don't do it
>>
>>34955783
Of course it's easy. I've done it a thousand times already.
>>
>>34955646
Seriously? I used to take anywhere from 120-180 mg of adderall a day for weeks at a time

Those crashes were seriously the worst feelings I've ever had.
>>
>>34955329

I've been smoking for 15 years, quit about 7 months ago.

It was easier than I thought honestly. Before, I've tried to slow down - I used to smoke about 10~12 cigs per day - but it didn't work out, I would bounce back to a damn pack a day before slowing down.

What worked was just quitting cold turkey. I woke up on a monday and said to myself "fuck this shit" and that was that.

Forget about those nicotine adhesives and electronic cigs, those will only prolong your bad habits and you'll never really abandon the addiction like this.

Cold turkey was the only thing that worked for me, and it surprised me how easy it actually was. I only had some stronger cravings on the first couple of days, then it started to get weaker and weaker.
>>
>>34955892
Yeah, those come downs can be brutal. Smoking pot and watching Murder She Wrote was my usual remedy.

>>34955903
Any tips on not lighting that first cigarette of the day? I feel like I might stand a chance if I can just ignore that first thing in the morning craving.
>>
>>34955983

Change your routine.

Like, instead of waking up, getting some coffee and lighting one, take a shower first. Or the other way around. Point is, try to live the day out of order. The thing that fucks up your resolve the most are the bad habits who are part of your daily routine, like the 1st cig after the coffee or that cig after lunch. Breaking that routine also fucks up your habits in it.

Of course you can't change all of it. That last cig before bed will have to be left behind. But, by breaking the routine, you'll start to see that a lot of menial shit you're used to to every day are in fact very strongly attached to your smoking habits.
>>
>>34956168
Solid advice, anon. Thanks. Appreciate it.
>>
E-cigs are for faggotrons. Use the Stanhope method of quitting.
>>
Give snus a try friend.
>>
>>34957850
Hipster faggots please go. Ecigs are designed to help you quit smoking, if you want to tip your fedora against a healthier alternative, enjoy your cancer.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.