[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>falling for the squat meme >snapping your shit up do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: Back-Pain-[1].jpg (914 KB, 1240x1548) Image search: [Google]
Back-Pain-[1].jpg
914 KB, 1240x1548
>falling for the squat meme
>snapping your shit up

don't do that guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfXI-kahFk
>>
>>34954879
I've been dealing with SI shit on and off and shit's just weird. Mine is really down go long term stress, but when it flares up it fucks up lifting.
>>
>falling for the leg extension meme
>fucking your knees up
>>
>>34954986
back injuries are vastly ignored because of retards trying to push squat and deadlift as the healthiest shit ever

this trend needs to stop
>>
>>34955014
I had mine from before lifting again. Lifting has helped somewhat but if I do my 25kg goblet squat warmup and something feels funny I know some things going down. I've just had physio for my twisted up SI that seems to have helped and I'm doing some stuff to relax my psoas. Passive release type shit is grippy as fuck btw. Feeling a lot better tho.
>>
>tfw fell for the squat and deadlift meme
>tfw snapped my shit up
>cant lift
>dont eat, lose gains
>tfw going to have to start from scratch because deadlifts.
Never again bros. Might squat again, but never beltless. Never touching deadlifts again.
>>
>>34954879

>90% of the people in my gym who squat look shit
>10% of the good looking people in my gym squat

if you want to look good use legpress, farmer walks, leg curls
>>
>tfw hate Omar Isuf but i've suffered from a similar back problem and this video made me feel for him.

I still have chronic back pain, sad part is I never ever lifted that heavy and it wasn't acute.
>>
>this thread
Fuck off Reddit
>>
This video isn't saying squats are bad. He is talking about how pushing yourself too far is bad for you.

Why take something out of context like this?
>>
File: ultimate_comfy.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
ultimate_comfy.png
803 KB, 1100x700
I deadlift nice and light and just go slow motion with high reps.

For all I know its worse but its not as scary.
>>
>>34955148
>t.2 plate deadlift newfriend
>>
Who Front Squat master race here?
>>
>>34955255

fuck
FUARK
that image is SO fucking COMFY
stealing that shit anon, you can't do anything about it
>fuck that's comfy
>>
>>34954879
>lowbar
>>
>>34955145
Shit that hits glutes and quads often fucks up iliopsoas shit, especially if you have a preexisting issue. Do some tai chi and/or look up the Psoas Handbook and read through all the new age stuff till you eventually get to the good stuff which tbf is also new agey, but works.

I can't remember if it's in the handbook but laying on your front and lifting up a leg and slowly letting it come down is a good thing for some relief. It's meant to be like yawning but I forget the name for that kind of muscle relaxing response. I've also tried a middling rehab exercise to start strengthening the psoas where you stick a lacrosse ball in the pit of your knee, while laying on your back, squeeze it and slowly raise the leg/bring the knee in to your chest. It's okay.

Supple Leopard has a couple of good quick relief exercises but I found them to only really be a band aid in the end.

If it isn't the psoas other culprits to look at are your quadratus lumborum which is also quite common, and multifidus muscles that really respond to the bird dog exercise and some twisty yoga stuff. I'm beginning to notice tho that psoas issues tend to be the ones that are really really stubborn and don't go away very easily, unlike the other culprits I've just listed. Like yoga and dance will help quadratus and multifidus stuff most the time, but tends to exacerbate psoas.
>>
>>34956002
>Shit that hits glutes and quads often fucks up iliopsoas shit

how do you think this happens
>>
>>34956191
Human beans weren't meant to pick up super heavy shit and put it down repeatedly.

If you do heavy squats or DLs and you're not a pro athlete you're literally retarded.
>>
>>34954879
Dude is fucking retarded

If squats are aggravating your tailbone, it means your tendons are picking up the slack that your muscles are too weak to handle

Of course this dumbass got hurt, not only was he already over lifting, but then he actually increased the weight.

The moral of the story is don't let your ego influence how much you lift and don't be a dumbass
>>
>>34954879

I snapped my bicep doing working weight curls (albeit terrible form on last rep), no one is ever safe.

I now do strict form on everything and don't lift a lot of weight.

Mixed feels, I've never been truly aesthetic either.
>>
>>34956191
As far as I can tell the psoas is not the easiest muscle to hit anyway because quads and hammies can take over most of the same movements, and you can't really palpate it or feel it very easily. And on top of that our iliopsoas responds to stress by contracting or spasming, so if you end up stressed it's easy for the problem to snowball. Same goes for if you have an injury or pain coming from one foot, it can happen that psoas on one side responds by pulling one leg into the hip joint more and this in turn imbalances your legs and hips and all that, and that in turn stresses your psoas more. There are also a few other problems that the iliopsoas can cause that then messes up the muscles more again.

I guess as well, I think quadratus lumborum issues are more common for muscle caused lower back pain and that's easier to sort out. So a lot of people get ql exercises and most respond well. What I think I'm starting to see is people with ongoing back problems caused by musculature tend to have iliopsoas problems.

And also I just know that lifters, dancers and yogis tend to have psoas problems and find them difficult to sort out by knowing lifters, dancers and yogis.
>>
>>34956471
>If squats are aggravating your tailbone, it means your tendons are picking up the slack that your muscles are too weak to handle
Eh?
>>
>>34956392
Human beans weren't meant to fly either. Stop letting nature stop you faggot. Leave humanity behind.
>>
>>34954879
god so much blablabla
>>
>>34956471
>If squats are aggravating your tailbone, it means your tendons are picking up the slack that your muscles are too weak to handle
hue?
>>
>>34955119
This

I just squat now my back was getting fucked up
>>
http://www.elitefts.com/education/price-of-the-platform/

>Keith won’t keep a handgun in his bedroom. Not because he’s worried his young children might find it. He’s scared that one rough morning, he might use it on himself. Keith (not his real name, all names have been changed) is a 49 year-old retired elite powerlifter. During his run he was one of the strongest human beings in the world, with a 980-pound squat, 700-pound bench, and 840-pound deadlift.

>For two decades he competed in countless meets, smashing records and rarely leaving without a trophy. But there are no trophies in his bedroom. The only reminders of the astonishing strength he worked so hard to build are on the nightstand — plastic bottles of pain medications, never more than an arm's length away. Because mornings are the worst for Keith. While he sets his alarm every night before retiring, he doesn’t need it.

>Pain is his wake-up call — a dull, steady ache that starts in his shoulders and biceps before shifting to his worn out hips, from which it radiates through a war zone of pinched nerves and fused discs. Vicodin keeps the pain at bay but it never lasts through the night. By 5 or 6 am its numbing effect has faded like a pleasant dream, giving way to a nightmarish reality. The first thing on Keith’s mind before he opens his eyes is taking his morning dose. It’s been that way for over ten years. He knows he’s an addict. And while he doesn’t like it, facing the day without Vicodin scares him more than any squat ever did.

>>34956648
I don't know how to tell you this, but humans can't fly. We invented machines that can. Just like we invented machines that can lift a lot of weight so we don't have to.
>>
>>34957067
>Eddie has a 30-year marriage, also to a very patient woman. “We planned everything around my lifting, around my meets. We never had a Friday date night because Friday was bench night. Every single Friday. “I even skipped my mother-in-law’s funeral to train.”

>Eddie’s “focus” reached absurd levels. He had a fifty-thousand dollar a year job working on a 7-Up truck. But the physical nature of the job interfered with his lifting, so he quit to work in a grocery store — for seven dollars an hour. “My wife thought I was nuts,” he says. “Then I went out and dropped two grand on a Reverse Hyperextension Machine. My wife freaked out, saying we had bills piling up. “I asked her, ‘What’s more important? Paying the bills or me squatting 800 pounds?’

It's you, /fit/. It's all you.
>>
>>34957067
I think you've really got to feel out how much you can lift and if you have any issues take some time and sort them out. Squats and deads are great exercises in that if you can't lift the weight usually the worst thing that's going to happen is you bail obviously if there is something else going on you take very safe exercises and they become dangerous.

It's all well and good going on about hitting x amount of weight in y amount of time, but it's not a race, take your time if you need to.
>>
Falling for not doing skateboard squats and sports for legs meme... ISHYGDDT
>>
After hurting my lower back, I switched to calisthenics.

The thing about back issues is they can ruin your entire life. It doesn't matter what you're doing or what position you're in, there's pain. That, and it takes SO LONG to heal, even just minor back issues that don't involve the discs.

The risk vs. reward just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. I'd rather be fit and lean, than big and in pain every other second of the day.

Every day stiffness and pain is VERY mentally taxing after a few months. Don't take a healthy back for granted and for god's sake, think for yourself.
>>
>>34955014

I noticed with consecutive injuries i became more resilient and repair myself almost over night. Even 2 weeks ago i fell off a 16ft ladder and healed in 4 days. Other people would take off from work for months and just lay in bed for all that time and cry about how an injury ruined their life.
>>
>>34957153
are you me?

i switched to calisthenics after i hurt my back with barbell squats
>>
>>34957132
Yeah man, that will totally work. Not. Enjoy your fucked up life, I guess? See you when you're 40.
>>
>>34957067
>Eddie, however, is hanging on and going hard. The patella injury may prevent him from tying his shoes or putting on his own socks — his wife does that for him — but he can squat. And squat heavy. After his upcoming bodybuilding contest — which he’s doing “just for fun” — Eddie plans a return to powerlifting. To be the first man over fifty to squat a thousand pounds.

This Eddie guy seems dangerously retarded.
>>
>>34957218
The goal is full body paralysis, until then LIFT HARD OR DIE BROOOOOOOO

/groupthink
>>
>>34957193

I am with you guise! Same here, I am so glad that I dont have to fear the pain before I start squatting
>>
>>34957127
>What's more important? Payung the bills or me squatting 800 lbs?

He went full retard.
>>
>>34955362
He has the DS in front of him but can't use it.
>>
Legpressing and jumpsquats if you want to be a real fucking animal
>>
>>34957672
>I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it

:^(
>>
Looks like I'm sticking with trapbar deads and BSS
>>
>>34957218
thats jim wendler i think. i remember wendler talking about his wife having to put on his socks
>>
>>34958998
Oh god I think you're right
>>
>>34958998
“I have the easiest time training arms, but training arms bores the shit out of me. Who the fuck has an arm day?”

that really does sound like something wendler would say
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.