[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: muscle-building-at-home.jpg (247 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
muscle-building-at-home.jpg
247 KB, 1280x960
Any bros here have a home gym, Im looking to invest in one and wondering what are the main necessities other that a power rack, barbell, bench and the weights of course.
>>
File: x2YEZUR.jpg (26 KB, 306x498) Image search: [Google]
x2YEZUR.jpg
26 KB, 306x498
A bitch boy to bang between sets.
>>
weightlifting belt, dipping belt, chalk, maybe straps and flat shoes.
And some rubber/foam flooring to protect the floor.
>>
I work out at home most of the time. Make sure you get a power rack and weight bench with those "spotter" bars. Don't want to snap city home alone.

I got a power rack, weight bench, utility bench, 3 barbells, a curling barbell, a couple adjustable dumbbells (Bowflex top kek), and about 600lb in plates. I also got a Recumbent Cycle Rowing Machine 2 in 1 machine, but hardly use it.

That's really all you need for most lifts. If you want to handle more, you can get a cable/lat pulldown machine. Get a power rack that you can do pull ups on. Those things you hang on door frames are shit. A dip bar is also cheap and good for chest/tricep workouts.

My routine

Strength = 3 sets of 5 reps
Size = 3 sets of 10 reps
Endurance = 3 sets of 15 reps
* = 1 set

AxBxCxx

A
Barbell Upright Row (Shoulders)
Barbell Bent-Over Row (Back)
Barbell Hack Squat (Legs)
Barbell Flat Bench Press (Chest)
Barbell Biceps Curl (Biceps)
Dumbbell Triceps Kickback (Triceps)

B
Barbell Good Morning (Back)
Barbell Seated Overhead Press (Shoulders)
Barbell Seated Triceps Extension (Triceps)
Barbell Incline Bench Press (Chest)
Barbell Overhead Trunk Rotation (Abdominal)
Barbell Reverse Grip Biceps Curl (Biceps)

C
Barbell Deadlift (Back)*
Dumbbell Lateral Raise (Shoulders)
Dumbbell Incline Fly (Chest)
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension (Triceps)
Barbell Full Squat (Legs)
Dumbbell Hammer Curl (Biceps)
>>
>>34953253
That's all you need. Maybe a weight tree to store your weights but that's unessasary. After that it comes down to your program. dont by straps or chalk until you need them.

A dip station and pull-up bar are nice but many racks have them built in.

And don't lift in running shoes. The thick padding is not a stable platform under heavy compression. You can get some good flat soled shoes or just lift barefoot. You're at home after all. You can lift naked if you feel like it. Who's gonna tell you not too.
>>
>>34953253
Home gym here, l bought a barbell, plates a bench and a squat rack. At fkrst l was scared of bench pressing but you'll be too scared to fail to actually fail, so it's good
>>
>>34953359
Op is getting a cage.
Op is smart and will bench in his cage
Op will ignore idiots who tell him that benching without either spotter bars or a live spotter is fine because
>hurr durr your body knows it's limits

If you keep adding weight you WILL eventually fail a set no matter how slow you go. I hope in your case it won't result in an injury. You do at least lift without collars right? So if you get trapped under the bar you can dump the weight.
>>
>>34953253
Collars. Very easy to forget.
>>
I have a spare room in the second floor of my house that I was thinking of making into a home gym.

Built in the UK in the 30s, seems pretty sturdy, what do you think? I don't want to fall through the ceiling...
>>
What type of mats do people use to protect the floor?
>>
>>34953738

Can you empty a room in the bottom floor and make that your home gym? Like switching them you know?
>>
>>34953253
Training partner desu. Without the "build-up" of actually physically going to a place I really lost motivation to start my workouts.

Also, fucking ventilation. Don't forget the fucking ventilation.

Especially if it's a garage.

ESPECIALLY if your roommate is a survivalist freak and stores big drums of petrol in there that reek like shit.

I learned that the hard way.
>>
>>34953869
Between college and work I dont have time to go to the gym multiple times a week so this seems the only other option
>>
>>34953838
No, there's just a large kitchen/front room downstairs.

I've been to house parties with 50+ people dancing in one room. Should be fine, especially if I put down some heavy rubber mats.
>>
>>34953869
>ESPECIALLY if your roommate is a survivalist freak and stores big drums of petrol in there that reek like shit.

Is that even legal?
>>
>>34953869
Bruh petrol fumes are known to lower you T-levels.
>>
>>34953307
The hell do you need 3 barbells for?
>>
File: checkem.png (593 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
593 KB, 720x720
150lbs (68kg) in plates total, with a dip belt. All with this dip and pull up tower. All I need baby.

>tfw i fucking hate doing pistols for legs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.