[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to train purely for health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1433997117603.jpg (63 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1433997117603.jpg
63 KB, 500x369
how to train purely for health
>>
>>34953002
HEY
After many years of putting it off I finally watched that movie
It wasn't very good
I don't get the hype
>>
Bodyweight exercises.
Always warm up before exercise then cool down afterwards.
Maintain proper form and be nice to people.
Watch yoga pants for maximum cum and testestyrone.
>>
>>34953009
You put it off for too long. You're too old now..
>>
>>34953012
>be nice to people.
>cum
hmmm
>>
>>34953015
I'm 21?
>>
>>34953002
>cardio
>stretching exercices
>eat at maintenance
>meditation for mental health
>>
light bodyweight exercise and light cardio. 3xF veggies, and no red meat or sat fats ever again
>>
>>34953068
Your soul is too old. Congratulations.
>>
Don't bulk, and don't cut. Those processes are hard on your body desu senpai. Just eat like a normal person, dont be a pig, dont starve yourself.

I want to say work in a higher rep range, 5 promotes strength, but it also gives you an increased risk of injury. And that isn't very good for longevity. I'd have my reps 8-12 per exercise. If you really have no exact goals, like looking super juicy or whatever, then 15 reps might even be beneficial for you.

Diet will be important if you want to be healthy. Obviously stay away from garbage food, get plenty of vegetables in you, and theres no need to go overboard on protein.

Focus on form of course, if you dont you risk injury and that will be detrimental to your health. If you have constant back pain from an injury now, imagine when you're 60 and your body is breaking down.
Speaking from experience, I recently injured my back. Going to the doctor soon to get xrays. I think I slipped a disk or something, and i'm in a lot of pain even just getting out of bed in the mornings.

And lastly, don't forget to do your cardio.
>>
>>34953106
T-thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 798x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 798x1000
>>34953104
>he believes the red meat and satfat maymay

Ishygddt
>>
File: Begbie.jpg (58 KB, 595x420) Image search: [Google]
Begbie.jpg
58 KB, 595x420
>>34953002
>how to train purely for health
Better not poison your body with any shite
>>
>>34953668
>>34953002
fucking love this movie
>>
>>34953009
I didn't get it when I was in high school, now that I've already graduated from college and that I see how my friends have grown up I get it now.
>>
Injured my back doing heavy deads and would like to know the answer to OPs question as well.
>>34953668
kek
>>
File: 2013-10-27_20.42.52.png (175 KB, 1366x746) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-27_20.42.52.png
175 KB, 1366x746
>>34953002

Guise I'm trying to get my health up to 49. Any advice?
>>
>>34953126

This + heavily prioritize getting good sleep every night is the answer.
>>
>>34953002
Eat the bounties of the earth and benefit from the diversity. Don't get poisoned. Challenge your body every day with varying intensity, but don't go running marathons and shit. Only eat what you need. Stay as lean as possible. Stay hydrated. Avoid extremes. Wear sunblock. Get semi - regular blood work/check ups. Get plenty of rest, rise and fall with the sun. Quit your job and distance yourself from any sources of stress.
>>
>>34953009
You probably can't relate to it in any way. You might be able to as you grow older.
>>
>>34953002
Quit heroin
>>
basically Indian practices. Meditation and yoga, followed by studying, repeat x F
>>
>>34955504
This. No naughties and maybe some cardio.
>>
>>34955516
Back to the call centre kushmeet
>>
>>34955516
Did someone say designated?
>>
>>34953002
>combination of aerobic and anaerobic training 3-4 times a week 30mins+ with intensity
>light exercise or movement on off-days, like walking
>develop decent muscle mass
>develop endurance
>don't go through crazy bulk/cut cycles
>don't fucking do steroids for short-term results
>maintain 10-20% body-fat
>watch what and how much you eat
>get enough sleep
>watch your mental health (stress especially) and attitude
>do regular health checkups especially if they're covered by your insurance
>>
Can my body still develop muscle if I eat half my bodyweight in protein but eat less than a day's maintenance calories? Example: body takes 3k calories a day to build muscle, I eat 2k calories with half my bodyweight in protein, what happens?
>>
>>34953002
>how to train purely for health
basically the same as training purely for strength or purely for aesthetics.

except do more cardio, maybe some plyo work, and avoid taking steroids.

also eat "clean"
>>
>>34953620
the satfat maymay is true.

there is no established study that indicates even a little bit of sat fats are good for you.

there is a huge amount of data showing detriment if you source more than 7% of your kcal from sat fats.

so you don't need ANY, and more than a tiny bit is detrimental...

why consume them again?

i just render out most of the fat from whatever meat i eat, and assume whatever fat is left is going to be under my 7%

still eat hella red meat though, just eat lots of fiber too and you're good.
>>
>>34957666
most lifters pulled of the street only used .55g protein per pound of bodyweight

the 1g/lb is a meme, and is more than any human has ever been documented to synthesize ever.

its twice what heavy lifters require... to think you need that much is absurd.

.5g/lb is certainly enough protein to be close to maximal synthesis... anything higher than that, and it affects your protein breakdown more than your protein synthesis.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.