[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm doing SS and want to switch from low bar to high bar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: squats.jpg (21 KB, 350x184) Image search: [Google]
squats.jpg
21 KB, 350x184
I'm doing SS and want to switch from low bar to high bar squats.
Good idea?
Bad idea?
Which and why.
>>
>>34952140

It'll likely shank your deadlift progression and you'll stall sooner on squats (this isn't a good v bad thing, its just that highbar inherently uses less weight than lowbar which makes each weight jump harder because its a bigger percentage increase).
>>
>>34952140
there are 40 pages in the book that explain why you should low bar squat

why are you asking 4chun about this
>>
Hack Squats work the quads better. Anybody who still does the old fashion squats are either retarded or let their ego get in the way of gains.
>>
>>34952184
hack squats are horrible inefficient and are just as useful as most other squat variations (not very)

they're an assistance exercise if you really need them
>>
>>34952184
>>34952362

Citations or take your bro science back to Reddit.
>>
>>34952388
you want "citations" for basic biomechanics? don't know why you would doubt hack squats are quad heavy but okay

Zatsiorsky's Biomechanics of Skeletal Muscles, or Science and Practice of Strength Trraining for a less comprehensive overview
>>
>>34952140
Highbar is more quad dominant and lowbar more posterior chain dominant. Choose what you want to focus on building. I squat more weight lowbar but I do highbar squats because I feel like focusing on my quads more when I already do DL and leg curls.
>>
>>34952540
why not just do a mix of low bar and front squat
>>
this >>34952155
and you might want to add RDLs or something to compensate for the loss in hamstring training

>>34952588
this. you can't really DL hard 3 times a week so your progress will likely be diminished
>>
>>34952588
Becaue that would be the smart thing to do

>posting a sensible idea on fit
>>
>>34952588
Never told anyone they shouldn't do that. It just doesn't fit my current workout.
>>
I do high bar and dead over 4 pl8 @82kg bw. Rippetoe himself give tons of reasons to do low bar, whereas I just personally feel much more comfortable in the high bar position.
>>
I started off on stronglifts training lowbar, but I always had a buttwink and I could never get the form perfect. Tried switching to highbar and i couldn't hit depth. After a bunch of mobility work and buying some oly shoes, I squat highbar now.
I think it is more of a personal preference really, noone should be dogmatic about squatting lowbar cause rippletits says, do what you want. personally, I like going ATG. Highbar enables this.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.