[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If something I eat upsets my stomach, how long will it take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: girl.jpg (1 MB, 1867x2800) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
1 MB, 1867x2800
If something I eat upsets my stomach, how long will it take? Is it from food I've eaten within the last few hours, or food I ate the previous day?
>>
>>34949824
Who is
>>
>>34949824
the last few hours of course.how long do you think something needs to go down your oesophagus?

if it upsets your intestines, its another story though
>>
>>34950007
>if it upsets your intestines, its another story though
Actually that's more accurate. How long for that?
>>
>>34950063
when I eat something that wrecks my intestines its about 20 hours before
>>
It's usually your last meal if you feel nauseated and with an upset stomach because your body will usually reject shit that ain't sitting right toot sweet, in which case throw up and drink plenty of water and you'll begin to feel better immediately and bretty good in a few hours.

If it's down deeper in your gut then it's second to last mel and you really just have to wait to get the runs and flood that shit out. In which case, still need plenty of water to rehydrate and clean out the plumbing. But your budy tends to know way before then if something didn't sit right.

Source: Fuck you, this is an anon board. Just trust me.
>>
>>34949824
Depends what sort of 'upset stomach', ie intolerance, intoxication or infection.

If it's just sitting badly, then probably your last meal.

You can get food 'poisoning' from pre-formed toxins in food (food intoxication), which can take anywhere from 2-8 hours to set it (so, anything eaten in that time).

Whereas food borne infection generally occurs a day until a few days following a meal containing microbes (as it takes time to colonize the gut/intestine to produce illness (through irritation/toxin production)).
>>
>>34950651
Tout suite*
>>
File: 1441152224631.gif (359 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1441152224631.gif
359 KB, 240x200
>>34950850

Thanks, but I knew that.
>>
not OP, but sometimes I get semi-liquid, foamy shits, which I'm pretty sure are lost gains
trying to identify which meal did it
>>
>>34949824
Who is this female? Image search is unhelpful.
>>
File: 1447448763445.png (2 MB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
1447448763445.png
2 MB, 806x952
Go to bed, Ben.
>>
>>34950063
Depends on the stuff you eat...
>>
>>34949824
4 hours, senpai. Almost dead on every time
>>
OP here, thanks for the info

Anyway, here's what is going on:
About 5 months ago, one day I got sick in my stomach, had to shit constantly, shit blood, etc. Was really bad for a few days then I think better for a few days but then bad again, and for a few months, EVERY SINGLE DAY I was bloated, had to shit more often than normal (2-4 times a day instead of the usual 1), but when I had to shit it was usually just clear liquid and gas.
And the last few months have been better, I feel good most days, but I still get bloated and have to shit more often for a day or few days at a time, this happens like 1-2 times a month now. But it's the same thing that had been happening EVERY FUCKING DAY for like two months

Anyway, when this shit first started 5 months ago I hadn't eaten anything new or weird, and over the past 5 months I haven't introduced much if any new stuff to my diet. And I've tried eliminating certain things from my diet. And NOTHING CHANGES IT, no matter what I eat, this happens.
I'm still trying to figure out if eating too much of something will cause it, but all the things I'm eating lately are things I have been eating for years.

What the fuck should I do? What the fuck is going on? Has my body developed a recent intolerance to some type of food, or do I have an infection that my body is taking a fuck of a long time to knock out?
I'm normally really healthy, I've only been sick twice in the last decade before this, once was a short lived flu (only lasted a few hours), other was a mild cold. So my body shouldn't take long to knock out an infection, especially not 5 fucking months
>>
>>34949824
It's better to isolate it, just to be sure.

Fast for 24 hours, eat just a certain group of food, the one you want to know if you can properly digest, then fast again for 24h. No food is irreplaceable, you should aim for complete absence of gas and bloating.
>>
>>34952810
Really really sitting blood, like a red spray out your asshole, or black shits? Black means there's a bleed somewhere further up you (The iron in your blood has time to mix with the shit, thereby making it black), while bloody shits or a red spray means you've got a problem further down (For example, you could be wiping your ass raw)

I'm interested where you say your shits were 'mostly clear liquid and gas', was that a typo or was the liquid meant to be your piss? Shit should never be clear, that'd be a huge problem.

I actally had something similar maybe a month or two ago. I was going to go to the doctor for it, but they told me I'd have to wait a week before they could see me because apparently everyone else for a solid seven days had problems more important than me sitting out tar and being unable to sleep because of how painful the cramps got. Anyway, mine prettyuch just cleared up on its own, too, so I never did go to them in the end.

Although I'm in the same boat with you in having no idea how it came on, I have some suspicions. At the time, I was drinking some REALLY shitty quality milk (3L for $5, man, I couldn't say no) in pretty big quantities to try get in that little bit extra protein. Alternatively, I'd just gotten a package of American candy from a friend overseas who thought I'd like to try it (Probably shouldn't have, but what's the point of living if you can't have fun?) and the sugar content in that shit is ridiculous. So if you happen to be drinking a significant quantity of shit quality milk and/or have a large glucose intake, I'd recommend cutting down on either or both and seeing how that works for you. Cutting down on sugar in general is a great idea and makes you feel amazingly healthy. That candy my mate sent me was the first time in a while I've had anything so sugar-heavy and while it was an experience to try it, I'm not in any rush to have that much sugar in my system again any time soon.

Good luck with your shits, senpai.
>>
>>34952901
I haven't done any fasting but I have limited my diet significantly for periods of time, sometimes it seems to help but not make it completely go away. I'll keep trying though. Thanks

I do wonder if it's even about food though, because it came on so suddenly and I hadn't eaten anything new then, and it's been gradually getting better over the last few months
>>
>>34953036
Red blood
Clear liquid out my asshole
The blood was only the few few days, the liquid was the first month or so.
I don't eat/drink any dairy
I don't eat much sugar, but I have been eating more sugar than normal the past few months. Still significantly less sugar than the average person, and I highly doubt that alone is the cause considering this came on so suddenly and was so severe the first few days, and I hadn't just eaten a fuckload of sugar before it started.

Also, the past few months during which I've been feeling good more days than not: Sometimes when I get sick/bloated it's after eating the same thing as I eat during times that I feel great. So it doesn't seem completely linked to diet. I don't know for sure though.

Could it be a really long-lived infection that my body is just really slowly fighting off?
>>
>>34953073
Dude, as soon as clear liquid started spilling out of your ass, you should've gone to a doctor. If it's back again now, then that's definitely what you want to do. Fuck the cost, there's something wrong with your guts.

It could be, but typically an infection will clear up in about 5 days, a couple of weeks if it's something particularly bad. But, of course, there are things you might need antibiotics and the like for. It could be parasitic, fungal or drug-resistant of it's still there after 5 months, which is why I definitely have to say: GO TO A DOCTOR
>>
>>34953118
The clear liquid isn't back, it only lasted the first month or so. The last few months the only thing that's happened is occasionally for a day or several days at a time I'll get bloated and have to shit a few times a day. No blood or liquid anymore.
>>
>>34953159
How occasionally? Gut problems are a bitch because they typically stick around for a while if they're not treated. If you don't mind the bloating and shitting, I'd say just go with the flow, otherwise preferably next time it happens you should go to the doc. I'd lean more towards the 'go' side, just in case it turns I to something bad in the future.

Also, I say wait until next time because they may need a stool sample, in which case it's better to be actively exhibiting the symptoms.

Good luck with your shits, anon, I've got to head off to bed. It's getting late.
>>
>>34953210
Thanks for the help anon. It happens like 1-2 times a month now, and will last for anywhere from a day to a few days. It's annoying as fuck but it's much much less frequent than it was a few months ago so I'm just hoping that if I hold out a little longer it will go away completely, since it seems to be on track to go away completely.
>>
>>34953260
Not the guy you've been talking to, but no problem senpai
>>
>>34953210
>Gut problems are a bitch because they typically stick around for a while if they're not treated.
Also, regarding this... Does it make sense that a gut problem (whatever the cause) would come on suddenly and severely, then slowly get better over time, and take 5+ months to go away completely?
>>
The average time for food to pass through tunntarm is around 3-4 hours assuming no diarrhea etc

The time spent in the stomach is more important while evaluating the total time spent in the GI channel. Food can stay in the stomach for several hours, depending on the food.

Liquids go through faster and meat for example stays in the stomach for many hours.
>>
>>34953073
It could just be IBS, depending on the quantity of the blood. Being red it COULD just be from the straining over the past few months causing hemorrhoids. I'd still see a doctor ASAP if I were you but speaking from personal experience it could be something benign so don't freak out too much. Just make sure you're checked stat.
>>
>>34953320
The blood was only the first few days, so it wouldn't be a result of the other stuff. It happened day 1 and only lasted a few days.
If it is IBS how long will it take to go away completely and what can I do to speed up the process?
>>
>>34949824
1-3 hours depending on what you ate
>>
>>34951102

Is your stool lighter colored like clay?

Do this semi-liquid, foamy shits happen after eating dark meats & fatty food?

Could be gall bladder/liver problems senpai
>>
>>34953454
yes it does look like clay
they usually happen when I eat a lot of dairy and not enough solid food

it could be my liver, I've been on accutane for 2 months now
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.