[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: VZM.IMG_20151027_142221.jpg (107 KB, 646x1571) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20151027_142221.jpg
107 KB, 646x1571
hey /fit/, I've been consistently working out (about 5-6 times a week) for two months now, and I've seen significant strength gains and a little mass, less than I would like. I'm a little bit fat, 5'10" and 159 lb. as of this morning. A good friend of mine, an MMA fighter, told me that if I wanted to cut, a good way to do it would be to introduce more cardio and instead of 3 reps of 8-12 heavy, do 4 reps of 25 on each exercise. I did it for my leg & shoulder and my back & bicep days, but yesterday on my chest and triceps I absolutely could not do it and went to my regular heavy workout. Aside from diet and cardio, is this legitimate? Will doing 100 squats (fucking brutal) at light weight really help me cut in any way that is worth the possible loss in gains?
>>
>no facial aesthetics

theres no point on cutting or lifting
>>
>>34947842
ayy fuck you too m8
>>
File: cb9.jpg (722 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
cb9.jpg
722 KB, 1200x902
>>34947834
sick cross bro! praise the lord! faith over reason!
>>
>>34947853
you forgot to tip your fedora
>>
>>34947853
>tips fedora

my brother wore this cross when he died.
>>
>>34947872
Was he saved by the blood of the carpenter?
>>
>>34947896
you gonna give /fit/ advice or are you gonna shitpost?
>>
Why are you trying to cut 2 months in? How old are you first off? You seem like a 16 year old and your stats back that up.
Fill out your frame, build strength and mass. Once you've done that cut all you want. All cutting is calories in vs calories burned.
>>
>>34947913
SS + GOMAD + stop believing in fairy tales. You look like an aspiring pedophile.
>>
>>34947834
SS + GOMAD is the most efficient way of losing weight. SS makes you squat a lot, and since squatting activates your abs you slowly burn stomach fat.

GOMAD are all empty calories, making you lose weight without feeling hungry. Good luck.
>>
nice estrogen,op
>>
>>34947872
God works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>34947872
>>34947913
>>34947852
I like you
>>
>>34947834
Don't cut yet. Build some more mass for another couple of months first.

When you do decide to cut, do the opposite of what your friend said. You're going to want to lift heavy 4 times a week with cardio (I recommend HIIT for fat burning) on the in between days. You lift heavy in order to minimize the amount of muscle you'll lose on a calorie deficit. Go for 2 to 3 sets with 8 to 12 reps.
>>
bumping for mutual interest, im 6'2 and 210 but we seem to have a similar bodytype
>>
Damn OP I feel bad for you. Not only are you completely clueless, you also look like the most unremarkable dude ever.
I bet you're boring af.

Anyway, on a cut I would suggest sticking to your normal lifting routine. Helps with not losing as much muscle as you would if you did a faggy cardio bunny program.
Although in your case, I would tend to suggest you get some muscle first, before even thinking about cutting.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.