[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come to /fit/ to ask for help. I usually heard that you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled9.png (602 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
Untitled9.png
602 KB, 600x381
I come to /fit/ to ask for help. I usually heard that you guys are a bunch of pricks, but I believe that there's some knowledgeable people behind the jerks so I want to get some info from you all. I've read the sticky and have been improving my diet a lot and used to be pretty regular at going to the gym but have fallen out of the loop. All I did for a while was pullups, and I know that more is necessary.
But I want to get back into the gym and have about two years worth of time that I can devote to getting into better shape. I've read the sticky and had good success with the 5x5 workout (went from having trouble squatting 25x2 and got up to 70x2. Now since I've been out of the loop, I'm back down to 45x2). I've never been good at benching, and can bench about 35x2 right now but want to improve at that too.
Plainly, I'm asking you guys for help. I'm 6'1" and about 180 pounds and I want to get stronger. I feel like shit when I go to the gym and just see all these guys in great shape and then there's me. I've tried doing men's health workout plans in the past, I've tried doing Greg Plitt's stuff before (as much as I could do at least), but I just want some help developing a workout plan. I wish I could have some dude basically be my mentor and guide me, but I don't think I can. So, /fit/ could you please help an anon?

Pic related, what I feel like I need someone to do to me to get in better shape.
>>
Sorry but we're too busy shitposting
>>
>>34947787
Do you expect me to read all tha shit?
>>
>>34947798
When's the scheduled shitposting times that way I know when to post and ask for help next time?
>>
>>34947787
if you expect a reply you shouldn't use more than 20~30 words
>>
>>34947835
Okay. Want to get bigger and stronger, /fit/. What do? Read sticky. Lost.
>>
>>34947787
>I'm 6'1" and about 180 pounds and I want to get stronger.
Read the sticky my little snowflake.
>>
>>34947822
You don't schedule shitposts. Some people have natural occurrences after they wake up, some at night. Some shitpost 3 times a day, others once every three days. Some shitposts take 20 seconds, others are prolonged efforts. Just embrace the shitpost as part of your life.
>>
>>34947859
If I wanted to embrace the shitposting, I'd go to /pol/.
>>
>>34947848
Eat more, lift more.
That will do the trick.
>>
>>34947884
What lifts are good lifts? I do squats every other day.
>>
>>34947787
Those weights seem extremely low for a male. I'd concentrate on squatting without the bar first and ensuring your form and depth are correct. Probably need to work on your mobility also.
>>
>>34947892
why? there are body parts that aren't legs and there are lifts that aren't squats and DL
>>
>>34948091
I go below 90 degrees and make sure to watch my form in the mirror. Like the 5x5 says to do, I start with an empty bar and work my way up to my max. Probably doesn't help that I set myself up for failure by not exercising as a child.

>>34948138
I want to work on upperbody as well. Not just by doing pullups and pushups.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.