[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, /b/tard here. Just wondering if there was any plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: WIN_20150608_200625.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150608_200625.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
Hey /fit/, /b/tard here. Just wondering if there was any plan that I could mix calisthenics with weights to simultaneously lose fat/ build muscle?

Something like aerobics on one day, muscles on the other?

Pic related. It's me
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>34946678
LOL no.
>>
>>34946717
Why not?
>>
>>34946678
For real, that's not something you need to worry about now. Just get in the habit of exercising for a few months and then worry about lofty goals like clean bulking.
>>
>>34946678
Die /b/ just die lel
>>
read the sticky you retarded faggot
>>
>>34946748
No homo /fit/
>>
>>34946678
The simplest thing you could do is build muscle while you're overweight, then cut the fat because it's easier to gain muscle when you're overweight.

For a weightlifting program, any simple program will work. As for weight-loss, doing Intermittent Fasting will yield the quickest results, but buy a scale and weigh yourself daily so you see your results and stay motivated.

But to answer your question, there is a way to both build muscle and lose fat, but they're pretty strict, and I'm personally too lazy to do them, lol.
>>
>>34946795
Thanks /fit/bro.

Your post is appreciated.

Also more muscles = more of a chance to lose fat? If I'm understanding this correctly.
>>
>>34946795
Plus I do fast for non-religious, non-health reason on occasion. My longest period is two and a half weeks, I managed to lose 30 pounds total, but once again I did not really do it for weight loss.
>>
>>34946678
read the sticky
run and do calisthenicson alternative days
calisthenics are ok if you train correctly and don't want to look huge
>>
>>34946711
>>>
> Anonymous 11/17/15(Tue)16:42:36 No.34946743 ▶
>>>34946678 (OP)
>For real, that's not something you need to worry about now. Just get in the habit of exercising for a few months and then worry about lofty goals like clean bulking.
>>>
> Anonymous 11/17/15(Tue)16:43:02 No.34946748 ▶>>34946756
>>>34946678 (OP)
>Die /b/ just die lel
>>>
> Anonymous 11/17/15(Tue)16:43:03 No.34946750 ▶
>read the sticky you retarded faggot
witnessed
>>
>>34946812
>Also more muscles = more of a chance to lose fat?
That's right, bigger muscles require more calories to power them. But that doesn't mean don't watch your diet.

>>34946824
That's great if you're used to fasting. In a nutshell, IF is eating a reduced amount of calories (under the amount required to maintain your weight) within a 4-hour window, every day. Aside from that window, you eat nothing else at all, except for water.
>>
How was your first 6 months on 4chan?
>>
>>34946795
Holy fuck please be bait
>>
>>34946678
Beginners can fuck about so long as they're consistent.

Do a beginner's strength routine and cardio and transition to olympic weightlifting with calisthenics after I would think would work pretty okay.
>>
calories in calories out m8ey
focus on dropping weight before you start lifting it
>>
File: 1439499564707.jpg (10 KB, 329x281) Image search: [Google]
1439499564707.jpg
10 KB, 329x281
>muscles on the other
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (86 KB, 822x485) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
86 KB, 822x485
here's my 10-months progression after joining the gym

it's definately possible to gain muscle and lose at the same time, but /fit/ will tell you otherwise.

The key is to have a very strict diet of unprocessed food, intense lifting sessions and some cardio as well
>>
>>34946678
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
alternating between and upper(A) and lower body+core(B) day
do LISS on x days; walking on treadmill at ~65% of your maximum heart rate(easiest way to estimate is by age) for 30-60 minutes
Or if you are a fag you can
AxBxCxx
A being half of your upper body
B being lower
C being the other half of your upper body
x is still LISS cardio

honestly probably the easiest way to starting building muscle while losing fat for a natty
>>
Building muscle is expensive, calorically speaking.

As much as I hate it when people anthropomorphize the workings of the body as if it's got its own intentions, this is one case where you can say that the body is unwilling to allow excess muscle to be built if you have not consumed enough energy during the recovery period.

And of course, consuming less than you need (failing to replace the fat used in a day) is sort of the fundamental tenant of fat loss.

Things are a little different if you're just beginning, but really not that much. By following a good beginner's strength program and eating exactly the right amount of food (with a big emphasis on protein), you can get from obese to moderately overweight, or overweight to healthy weight (but generally not healthy to shredded).

This is actually the foundation of the bulk/cut cycle, where people cut fat aggressively to make weight for boxing, or to look good as a physique competitor, and then during the off season put on a bit of fat as a necessary consequence of making sure they have enough calories to build muscle.

It gets a lot of memefaggotry, but Starting Strength is a very solid beginner's program for weight training (maybe ignore the dietary advice).
>>
>>34948379
What a compete fucking retard kill yourself
>>
U R fat fuk
>>
>>34948379

after shot looks like my body over the summer. Bulking now tho

good shit. Your stance is pretty gay tho
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.