[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok ive read the sticky and have been weightlifting for 3 months.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1445770786022.png (237 KB, 365x509) Image search: [Google]
1445770786022.png
237 KB, 365x509
ok ive read the sticky and have been weightlifting for 3 months. I go during my lunch hour at work and do 3 days weights and 2 days cardio as i was a skinny fat manlet

My 5"7 body has improved and im down to 64kg from 76kg and currently deadlifting 70kg.

I only have limited time in the gym however and i feel im not doing enough weight training in order to get stronger/bigger. Would i be able to ditch the cardio on the other 2 days and spend those instead doing bicep curls skullcrushers lat pulldowns and shrugs (as accessory work to the 5 compound movements i do on mon/wed/fri) or should i carry on with the cardio? id estimate im on about 18% body fat at the moment and still eating on a deficit
>>
>>34945205
well, weightlifting burns more calories than cardio but, in my absolutely non-professional by any means opinion, I'd say, if you want to build more muscle, you should lift on the other two days instead. If you think it's not enough for weight loss, you could add on the cardio at the end, as long as you don't overdo it/overexert yourself. Sprinting is better than constant light jogging, so I'd suggest sprints as well. Really though, you could do a 4 or 5 day split, and just do cardio on one or all of your rest days.
Swimming is good cardio as well, as it doesn't stress your joints as badly, though I'm not entirely sure as to whether it's better or worse for you otherwise than sprints.
>>
If you're ultra, mega vain then sure go for it.

But one thing people on this board forget is that you NEED cardio for solid heart health.
>>
>>34945205
the fuck are diddylifts banned?
>>
thanks, im going to start lifting all 5 days and see what the results are upto christmas time
>>
>>34945205
just do accessories on your lifting days after you are done with your compounds

you need cardio for heart health and to fight off metabolic adaptation.

also cardio is much more important than resistance training, as far as health is concerned
>>
>>34945205
enjoy having your muscular recuperation plummet and your lifts following suit.

rest on your rest days. lift on your lift days.
>>
>>34945205

>no more deadlifting
>>
>>34945430
>well, weightlifting burns more calories than cardio.
[citation needed]

Burned calories is a function of time, heartrate, v02max, bmi, and gender.
If you run with a constant high heartrate for an hour, you burn more than if you lift weights with a lot of rests.
>>
>>34945705
yeah cause everyone can run an hour straight
either way, sprints are better than a constant slower paced hour long jog senpai
>>
>>34945521
Cause they're bad to do and cause back problems even if you use perfect form
>>
>>34945735
>sprints are better
I know f a m. It wasn't mentioned in the comment.

> everyone can run an hour straight
They should be able to, t b q h.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.