[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15
File: question_dwight.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
question_dwight.jpg
65 KB, 1024x768
Old thread is kill.

> On gear you can push yourself to lift higher mass and higher volume. Are you increasing your risk of injury though? Can you also add an extra workout to your routine?
>>
In ICF 5x5, can my first two sets of that 5x5 be warm ups?
>>
>>34943381
warmups are always seperate from the workout
>>
Everyone looks at Everyone's face first.

I want to groom and take care of my face.
Is there any guide for a male?
I shave and put creme my face and pull the one odd hair from my nose and brows.
Anything else?
>>
File: physio_1.png (2 MB, 1689x2210) Image search: [Google]
physio_1.png
2 MB, 1689x2210
Just realizing I should've put the acronym QTDDTOT in the subject, so people could find it in the catalogue. Can you tell I'm a tremendous n00b?

In any case here's the first page of my physio exercises for my rotator cuff, for the person who was requesting it yesterday. I hope it helps.
>>
File: physio_2.png (1 MB, 1689x2210) Image search: [Google]
physio_2.png
1 MB, 1689x2210
>>34943441
And here's page 2/2. Just ignore the math and Bengali...
>>
File: 1445543288220.png (457 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1445543288220.png
457 KB, 792x792
When I'm doing wide grip pullups my right arm gets hella doms next day and feels like my whole right side is doing most of the work. should I keep doing pullups hella slowly and see if they will even each other out? (I was in an auto accident and my left arm was ooc for years and now the muscle imbalance is ridic.)
my physical therapist said to do pullups slowly but I think she might be full of shit since my right arm is getting hella doms
>>
Losing weight is kcal in vs kcal out right?
I am tracking myself using myfitnesspal app to eat 2000 kcal a day (normally i would eat around >2500)

But my brother was laughing at me saying that it doesn't work that way and that I should only eat healty and almost no fruits cause sugars.
I am confused
>>
>>34943358
>Are you increasing your risk of injury
Yes. Especially because your tendon strength doesn't increase at nearly the same rate as your strength.
Muscle tears are also A LOT more common for people on juice.

>>34943381
You're not supposed to, but yes, you can.

>>34943441
>>34943468
What is your problem? If it's a gool old case of messing up your shoulder by lifting weights, I'm concerned about stretching the upper traps and the lack of serratus anterior work.

>>34943796
I'd include a lot of unilateral exercises in my training, if I were you.
E.g. one-arm pull-downs, rows, presses etc.
>>
>>34943845
Your brother sounds like a fucking idiot. No offense.
>>
File: Greatjobbu.jpg (25 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
Greatjobbu.jpg
25 KB, 301x267
>>34943881
so with regard to unilateral equivalents of the pullup, can you suggest anything that will work my left back muscles and my left arm muscles in the same way that a pullup might? I'm working from a home gym but I can get anything

still, this input is very much appreciated, thank you
>>
I've been doing pull-ups every other day, and my back is getting juicy. However, my biceps are still about the same size. Is my grip too wide? Should I do chinups?
>>
>>34943910
Yeah. Single-arm pull-downs. Just attach an appropriate grip to the pulley. Doesn't quite compare to real pull-ups, but still a decent exercise.
You can keep doing pull-ups if you like, just toss some unilateral work inthere.

Really, it's all about getting creative. You can make up your own exercises if you like.
>>
Is a 3pl8 deadlift considered strong? Should I be proud?
>>
>>34943939
I've run a similar experiment on several occassions. Zero increase in elbow flexor size. It might work for some people, but I need isolation work.
>>
Serious question; how do I get a girlfriend
>>
If I do mixed grip with my deadlifts should I switch my grip every set?
>>
>>34943953
For sure anon. Don't be too proud. You can always do better
>>
>>34943953
It all depends really. I mean, if you weigh 60 kgs and have been training for only 6 months then it's pretty amazing. If you weigh 100 kgs and have been training for years then it's pretty pathetic.

Although you won't see many people in commercial gyms deadlift at all, any - and I do mean ANY - healthy young man can reach a 4plate+ deadlift if they train seriously and consistently.

>>34943975
Yes.
And don't use the mixed grip on the easy sets.

>>34943969
Go out and meet as many people as you can. Don't expect one to just fall into your lap one day.
>>
I will be bulking soon from about 180 6'2. How big should my surplus be for max muscle gain and min fat gain. Former fatty. Dont wanna be fat again
>>
>>34943998
I'm 184 cm 78 kg, have lifted for 6 months. Is 3pl8 good for me?
>>
I can't afford a gym membership right now. I wonder what the difference is between squatting a bar with weights and putting same amount of weight in a backpack?

It seems I am able to lift more in a backpack, why? Is it as effective as lifting bar and plates?
>>
>>34944109
Planet fitness is 10 dollars a month. I make $8 an hour and im a student. You can afford it
>>
Does a whey protein shake after a workout during a bulk really help in building lean muscle? Because otherwise i'd rather save the protein powder for my cut...
>>
5x5 squats, 3x8-12 deadlifts & 3x8-12 glute bridges twice a week enough volume for legs?
>>
Skinnyfag here.

Is it normal to feel slight discomfort in your back after a heavy deadlift workout with good form?

Or am I overestimating how good my form is?
>>
Can I go to the gym with diarhea? Today's deadlift day too
>>
what are some realistic effects of natural test boosting substances?
>>
>>34944785
i didnt go yesterday due this problem.
Was scared about sqshiting 5x5
>>
File: 1446939488068.jpg (32 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
1446939488068.jpg
32 KB, 300x450
>>34943951
thank you for your input very much! :)
>>
6'1 76kg down from 86kg
planning to reach 73kg on 1st Jan.
Then ill start my bulk.
Till how many kg should i bulk?
Im feeling fat at 76kg atm so.. im scared about feelig fatmaxass at 90kg NOT BODYDISMORPHIA AT ALL senpai
>>
>>34944853
6'1 76kg is fucking anorexic m8, even with 0% bf.
You shouldn't be talking about bulking or cutting when you obviously have shitall of muscles on you.
>>
>>34944645
Could be DOMS
>>34944785
Would not recommend, I did it once and had to run for the toilet between every set
>>34944817
Not that much honestly
>>
File: -----.jpg (167 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
-----.jpg
167 KB, 800x800
>>34944817
dude just take your vitamins,
zinc, magnesium, fish oil, D3, and a one a day men's, if you're deficient in any of that shit stuff starts feeling weird. hikkomoris like us might definitely need vitamin D3, that's all important shit (minus the fish oil) for proper test bb
>>
File: 1397582450264.jpg (33 KB, 426x458) Image search: [Google]
1397582450264.jpg
33 KB, 426x458
>3 week at the gym
>I train 4 days a week, I go on the elliptical trainer 40 minutes and then do some lifting.
>Woke up and I had a pain in my right knee.

Its a slight pain but I dont want to snap.

I went to the gym anyway today and I was careful specially on the leg exercises, almost didn't feel any pain except once at the elliptical.

What do I do? What am I doing wrong how do I stop this.. help
If I put some heat on my knee will that help?
>>
>>34944892
the prob is that most fat i have are in specific zones, like GUT AND ASS. LOOKSLIKEFUCKING SHIET
>>
>>34944983
Stop using anime reaction pictures, they've been known to lower your testosterone significally, thus putting you at risk of injuries.
>>
>>34945026
sounds like low-test m8, ever consider putting on shitloads and going full trapmode?
>>
>>34943845
No you're right just keep at it if you don't lose weight decrease the cals by another 100.
>>
>>34945042
will consider this option.
arigato senpai
>>
>>34945031
This guy is right.

Source: Me, a high test alpha non-weaboo master race
>>
>>34945031
>>34945101
wow, its nothing
>>
>>34944221
No.
>>
>>34943845
Just call your brother a stupid fucking dumbass
>>
>>34944909
>Could be DOMS

It wasn't that delayed. It was just on the ride back from the gym.

Also, it wasn't really soreness - more like a set of faint, uncomfortable spots on my back.
>>
>>34944185
I live in Norway. Semester fee is 100$ for students
>>
>>34944645
>Is it normal to feel slight discomfort in your back after a heavy deadlift workout with good form?
Yes.

>Or am I overestimating how good my form is?
Probably.

You'll know you really dun fucked up and took a trip to snap city when you can barely walk though.
>>
ok guys does nofap boost my gains? 100% serious
>>
If I fear injuring myself with more weight, can I add reps and/or sets to increase difficulty of workout without fear of harm?

Also, warming up with no weight (squats)/with the bar (other things) is a good idea, right?
>>
>>34946031

Probably doesn't matter to 90% of the people out there.
>>
How can I learn to stop being lazy and go to the gym? I've lost all motivation to lift and have gained 6kg in the past 4 months and feel disgusting
>>
>>34946414
Stop being such a fucking lesbian and go to the gym, get pumped, and flex so hard you hurt yourself. FUARK!
>>
any advice for jogging in winter? i can run about 1km before it feels like my teeth and throat are bleeding. scarf doesnt seem to help
>>
File: iULLsEY.png (97 KB, 300x194) Image search: [Google]
iULLsEY.png
97 KB, 300x194
>>34946031
No, it does next to nothing.
>>
>>34945962
Barely walk, as in spine-broken-forever or back-sore-next-morning?
>>
File: achilles pottery.jpg (90 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
achilles pottery.jpg
90 KB, 384x512
I been stuck at one plate incline bench for 2 weeks now, can only do 4 reps. I don't have a spotter so I don't want to be going for reps I might not be able to lift. Would doing related body weight exercises help me improve my bench, like pushups and pullups?
>>
Is drinking protein shakes considered natty?
>>
File: 7304.png (83 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7304.png
83 KB, 480x360
>>34946031
Why don't you try it for a month? What, are you scared?
>>
>>34947909
i think yes. even creatin is considered nutty if im not mistaken

roids are doing to men what photoshop did to women. its not possible to look like most of the men on magazine covers
>>
File: aminoacids.jpg (93 KB, 727x564) Image search: [Google]
aminoacids.jpg
93 KB, 727x564
So, these are the amino acid profiles for 2 different protein powders which both have the same protein per 100g and they cost around the same, but one of them has a lot more amino acids than the other does that mean it is a lot better??? also i though protein was made from amino acids so how can both have the same protein per 100g?
>>
>>34947909
you stop being natty when you start taking hormones, or chemicals you don't get through food/your body doesn't produce. Protein powder is natty, so is creatine
>>
What's a good routine to make progress on my deadlift. I have been deadlifting for only 6 weeks now and im not sure what's the best way to make progress. I deadlift 2/3 times a week and my 1rm is at 2pl8.
>>
Are there any good no-equipment routines for poorfags?
Best cereals for breakfast?
>>
>>34943416
Exfoliate
>>
>>34943416
come on man you pluck your shit? to what extent? you realize those bitches who pluck their shit end up getting sweat in their eyes?
>>
Roaches found a way into my protein powder. How long until I see their results?
>>
File: rep range table.png (92 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
rep range table.png
92 KB, 1008x1008
>>34949701
>good
no, but you can do a lot.
first of all, you can probably find a place to do pull ups.
push ups and lalanne push ups and archer push ups, and elevated foot variations of all those, and weighted push ups, and/or one of 82 other variations (Google it - 82 push up variation) will help take you farther than just push ups would...

pistol squats and shrimps squats and shit like that are a shit. you can do em if you want, but don't expect much mass. i would recommend plyometrics like box jump and squat jump and shit to get intensity through speed instead of weight (That way you are still getting fatigue at low-ish volume - enough to avoid being in the endurance realm)

if you find a place to hang, toes-to-bar, L-sit flutter kicks, and other similar exercises can work your core.

just do linear progression (each time make it harder, obviously with the barbell its easier, you just add 5 lb, but each time you up either the intensity, or the volume, or both - don't let yourself get comfortable)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31gaR3zOLzQ

you are probably going to want to find some kind of weights or heavy objects to throw on your back for push ups, or hang from your legs on pull ups.

i can't think of any real way to work traps and shoulders except handstand shrugs and push ups, which doesn't leave much room for progression, but better than nothing

so to summarize
push up/pull up variations with weight and progression for upper body
plyometrics (With weight, add a weighted backpack or something) and progression for lower body.
enjoy your nogainz, fgt

>Best cereals for breakfast?
doesn't fucking matter, just hit your .7g/lb protein and your calorie goals for the day.
but your meme answer is OATZ
>>
>>34943381
Warmups are never worksets. Don't be a pussy,
>>
>>34943358
Anyone else have horrible flexibility in their shoulders when squatting? My shoulders are in pain from the contortion when I'm squatting. Any solutions to relieve it?
>>
>>34950674
don't do behind-the-neck pull-ups, btw.

also that ivan nikolov guy has some other videos and knows proper progression.

idk if he has programs, but he calls himself a bodybuilder.

he is a good example of about how limited you will be with bodyweight, but for noob gains, it will definitely take you much farther than nothing.

consider lurking craigslist for some freeweights and adjustable dumbbell (i can fit 4x25lb on each side of one dumbbell, with no issue, so 200lb per db... for rows and deads i could put on 3pl8 (As in 315, plus the 5lb handle) per db, which is more than i think i will ever pull).

with enough weight, that will take you very far.

you still need a bar for squats... but heavy goblet squats with plyometrics will get you pretty far, and are certainly better than deadlift.

i found a dumbbell set for $15 dollars on craigslist, and managed to score quite a bit of weight for cheap overtime...
>>
>>34950625
Since we're now in the midst of the 3rd world war, then you can test your abilities after they drop the first nuke.
>>
Will squats help me run faster?
>>
File: shitskin snatching.jpg (51 KB, 400x528) Image search: [Google]
shitskin snatching.jpg
51 KB, 400x528
>>34950769
yes, but not as much as power cleans and plyometrics.

you should be doing ALL of them.
you need strength, and you need to be able to express that strength explosively.

power cleans are the bread and butter of NFL players and sprinters, because its a strength exercise and a plyometric exercise combined into one. and a snatch offers many of the same features (there is a webm that floats around /oly/ of a chinese guy snatchin so hard he jumps off the ground and stomps back down on it - almost impossibly explosive)

really focus on the jumping aspect of that kind of lift.

box jumps and depth jumps and shit like that is going to be well worth your time as well.. especially with a weight vest.

you are also probably going to want to focus more on front/highbar squats than lowbar, but definitely do both, as 99% of people should be.
always mix your shit up.
>>
>>34950840
>filename
Delete this
>>
File: kek.gif (491 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
491 KB, 500x220
>>34950845
>butthurt pajeet
>>
>>34950840
Thanks fàm
>>
>>34950923
also don't fall for the parallel meme.

you are going to want to go ass-to-grass with your front and highbar squats.

lowbar you want to go as low as you can (probably not terribly far below parallel.
>>
>>34950706
Stretch
>>
>>34944892
Don't be ridiculous, it's skinny, but at 6'1 76kg still makes you bigger than a lot of people, assuming they aren't lardasses. Remember that 76kg on an untrained individual is going to be fat to a large degree.

Don't let /fit/ delusions influence the reality.

Also the obvious answer for the dude is to bulk, how else would he gain muscle?
>>
>>34950942
Nah, the ATG thing is a meme really, because the bottom of a squat is different for everyone, ATG will likely result in shitty form for most people, whereas parallel will give you most of the gains, won't cause pains like above parallel, and there isn't as much risk of shit form for most people.
>>
Can I do both OHP and bench press in the same day? I'm following SL and BP and OHP are alternate, but I am struggling with OHP and I wish to train them during the same days as my bench presses.
>>
>>34951413
just follow the program until all of your lifts struggle like your ohp.

likely you'll break your plateau through more testosterone being produced from your other lifts.

i wouldn't suggest ohp and bp on the same day, unless you just want to work on form at like 25% weight.
>>
>>34951605
Not that anon, but I have a similar question. Doing SL and added in close grip bench press as a temporary accessory to fix a massive imbalance I have, but no idea what day to put it on.

Also, was fucking retarded today and did it before OHP so couldn't really use any weight on it. Should I do OHP again with my actual working weight tomorrow? Might not be able to lift Friday because of massive fucking heat wave supposed to be coming in, and I only have a shitty homegym.
>>
>>34951984
bump
>>
>>34951291
please go to /owg/ and spout that retardation.
i am too tired to argue with fucktards.

but ATG doesn't mean you go so low that it breaks form.

if you can't go low enough to sit on your heels do ankle dorsiflexion exercises and shit until you can.

but still go below parallel regardless.
>>
>>34952232
Well yeah, breaking parallel is a thing, no-one says to go to parallel, but ATG is a very specific depth, and a lot of people will be worse off reaching it, with no real extra gains. There's a reason literally every respected beginners program just says to break parallel, there's no reason for most people to go ATG.

I could be wrong though, why do you think it's better?
>>
haven't slept in 36 hours, should i still go to the gym?
>>
>>34952262
>why do you think it's better?
for sprinters and people looking for explosivity i think its better because you have to explode out of the hole.
>>
>>34952481
That could be true for any lift though really, I mean, you don't have to go an ATG squat explosively, it doesn't rely on momentum.
>>
>>34949517
Protein are chains of amino acids, but amino acids can also come in their free form. When they do, it's up to your body to synthesize them (to humans, free amino acids are pretty much useless when unsynthesized).
So, assuming they have the same amount of protein per weight unit, the one with less free amino acids is better.
>>
My refrigator broke and i am all out of protein.
What are cheap transitions until I get my hands on a new refrigator?
>>
>>34952850
oatz
>>
>be 19, be liftan at the gym
>some cocksucker is showing off, really bad form and pulling way too much weight for his strength
>literally gets his skull crushed while bench pressing
>blood and bits of his skull everywhere, dude's instaded of course
>has an extremely traumatic effect on me
>stop going to the gym, stop doing any kind of physical activity
So here I am now, 24, skinnyfat, and finally decided to get fit again, but I really can't get over it. Are there any good no-equipment routines?
>>
>>34945935
Join fitness xpress for 299kr the first 9 months and 199 for the rest of your life.
>better yet give me a free month for recruiting you
>>
>>34944076
Well its not g8 but if you keep improving then it only another step one the way
>>
>>34953179

Dafuq?
>>
>>34947559
dips
>>
For lats which is better, Vbar pulldown or Lat pulldowns
>>
>>34953953
neither, do pullups
>>
Is it really counterproductive to do 100 pushups a day? Or does that just apply to novice/intermediate?
>>
>>34953953
Neither. They're just different. Use one variation for a while and then switch it up by substituting for the other variation in order to provide a novel stimulus that will keep your body adapting.

Of course, when you have the strength to do pull-ups, do pull-ups.

>>34954149
It all depends really. If your work capacity is shit, you're already somewhat overtrained, have a couple of nagging shoulder injuries, and you then decide to go do 100 push-ups all-out to failure every day - Well, then you can expect pretty shitty results.

If on the other hand you gradually start doing more and more push-ups every day, perfect form and stay away from failure, stretch your pecs daily, spread out the workload throughout the day - Well then you'll probably find that you'll gain some serious pec size and strength.
>>
>>34954313
I can bang out 100 in 2-4 minutes, depending on how strict I want to be.

It never crossed my mind to think about whether or not I did them yesterday or if I'm doing chest work tomorrow. I never really thought of it as "lifting", just light callisthenics. Something to do in my living room while I'm bored.

Should I treat this stuff like accessory work?
>>
>>34943796
I'd switch to dumbell/cable everything if I were you
>>
>>34954369
>depending on how strict I want to be.
If you want to build muscle and strength, don't just mindlessly "bang out" reps. That's fine for working up a sweat and burning some calories, but if you want to be swole, be strict as hell.
Far too many people think of push-ups as an exercise that's way too easy for them. It's always because they think a push-up is done with only the third of the full ROM, elbows horribly flared, their ass sagging, no mind-mucle connection, and all done super fast to the extend that they're simply letting themselves drop to the floor on each negative.
If you want to build muscle, always try to make the exercise harder, not easier.

>Should I treat this stuff like accessory work?
Yes. In the sense that you should think about what you're doing and make sure it fits in with the rest of your training. But there's nothing wrong with doing them whenever you feel like it and on days before or after heavy barbell training (as long as you're not working so hard you'll compromise your performance on the next day).
>>
>>34944983
Depends where the pain is, in 3 weeks I doubt you wore out cartilage and shit. You probably have the same super tight muscle on the outside of your leg, it makes the knee cap mistrack and creates friction where there shouldn't be, it's gay, if that's what it is, get a foam roller and put tension on every knot you can find in your leg, as much pressure as you can until the knot releases, and just keep doing that. Don't just mindlessly roll up and down, find a super tight spot and fucking sit on it. 90% of people just have a super tight acl which causes to knee cap to grind where it shouldn't. You're fine, fucking relaxe the muscles in your legs and everything will be ok
>>
if I make a DUP routine, how many accessory workouts can I add to my workouts and should those accessories be till failure or a nice 4x8?
>>
>>34954447
>That's fine for working up a sweat and burning some calories
That's all I'm trying to do with it. Should I switch to burpees?
>>
>>34952433
Yes, you don't need that much sleep. You could take an hour nap and be good to go another 30 hours. Will it be hard on the mind? Yes. But man you'll be fine
>>
>>34954523
>Should I switch to burpees?
If you have the balls for it. They're definitely better suited for your goals. They do tend to make you hate yourself though.

>>34954474
Sounds like you have funny idea of what DUP is?
>>
>>34954556
>They do tend to make you hate yourself though.

Too late. Thanks for the advice, anon.
>>
does anyone do hiit on the track? i was thinking something like 30 on 120 off.
>>
>>34954556
From what I read, its breaking your workouts into 3 different types: intensity, strength, and hypertrophy. You know anything about DUP, guy?
>>
Just got my first pair of lifting shoes. I'm of course going to use them for squats and cleans, but if they're counter productive for deadlifts, do you guys either not do DL and squats on the same days? Or do you bring a second pair of shoes around the gym with you to change between exercises?
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.