[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was watching Week 10 of the 2015 australian biggest loser and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: TBLpremiere-900x506.jpg (88 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
TBLpremiere-900x506.jpg
88 KB, 900x506
Was watching Week 10 of the 2015 australian biggest loser and some of the contestents have literally lost 30-45kg in 10 weeks.

How the fuck?

I want to cut off 15kg to get shredded but it feels like it takes so fucking...how can I get as fast as they do?
>>
>>34941752
Because it's not a realistic environment at all. The contestants work out most of the day every day, and only eat about 1000-1200 calories. That's why most of them gain the weight back really quick when they leave/finish.
>>
>>34941752
How large a percentage of his bodyweight was 30-45 kgs? How large would the same percentage be for you?

It also gets harder the smaller your bf% becomes.
>>
The larger you are, the less effort it takes to lose weight.

The only advantage they have is an environment where they work out a lot more.

All you have to do to make up for that is eat even fewer calories.

It's not unrealistic at all. Just stop eating like a retard.
>>
>>34941811
>>34941829
>>34941844

The top 4 current contestents have all gone from 130-140kg to 95-100kg within 10 weeks.

I want to go from 85kg to 70kg to be shredded to the bone (manlet). I still have a 4 pack at 85kg, I had a fairly peeled 6 packed at 78kg. I want to hit 70kg to be get super-shredded.
>>
Because they aren't weighed weekly, the TV show is weekly weight ins but in reality the contestants only weight in once every few weeks. And they edit it for dramatic effect, like the first weight in is after 4 weeks or working out while the second weigh in is legitimately after 1 week

Source
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/former-biggest-loser-contestant-andrew-cosi-costello-reveals-the-truth-about-the-weight-loss-show/story-e6frfmq9-1226820498768

>The only thing that really disappoints me about the Biggest Loser is the length of time between the weigh-ins. Have you ever wondered how the contestants manage to lose a staggering 12 kilos in a single week? We don't. In my series a weekly weigh-in was NEVER filmed after just one week of working out. In fact the longest gap from one weigh-in to the next was three and a half weeks. That's 25 days between weigh-ins, not seven. That "week" I lost more than nine kilos. I had to stand on the scales and was asked to say the line, "wow, it's a great result, I've worked really hard this week". The producers made sure that we never gave this secret away, because if we did, it created a nightmare for them in the editing suite. The shortest gap from weigh-in to weigh-in during our series was 16 days. That's a fact. The thing is, overweight people get inspired by watching the Biggest Loser. They get off the couch and they hit the gym. But after a week in the real world, some people might only lose 1kg so they feel like they've failed and they give up.
>>
>>34941866
They are weighed weekly for the US version and they have had similar or better results, so whatever, it's still possible.

>>34941857
>130-140kg to 95-100kg within 10 weeks
~80 pounds in 70 days is only a bit over a pound a day lost.

That's easy when you're a tubby 300+ pound lardass. They should still be able to lose over 1 pound a day when they're 220 pounds.

Nothing spectacular about that at all. Just consistency.
>>
>>34941857
Well that's the thing isn't it? Getting super shredded is hard as shit. You can't compare going from fat as fuck to very fat, to going from shredded to super shredded.
>>
>>34941857
Its hard to lose fat the lower your BF% is. Those guys are like 50+% fat, so it'll peel off them.

If you want to lose fat, cut your calories and do more cardio and just keep trying. But at low BF% your body will start to cannibalize itself, eating at your organs muscles to get the calories it needs. Go to the doctor and get your BF% calculated and figure out how much you can lose so you don't end up starving African child tier.
>>
>>34941891
I doubt they're weighed in weekly on the American version, I've watched it and the results the contestants get mirror the Australian version. Just because they said they're being weighed in weekly doesn't make it true
>>
>>34941903
It's just that I've been watching it for years and often read the contestants' specific accounts and details of the typical week there, including exactly when the weigh-in is. They were really candid and thorough. I wasn't relying on the show format. I honestly can't be fucked to find the sources at this hour though.

Regardless, when you start out as a 300 pound sack of crap, losing a bit over a pound a day is nothing spectacular and the dynamic is different when you're at a lower BF % like thread participants keep echoing.
>>
>>34941752

When you're that weight, the fat just falls off simply because you're no longer eating a dump truck of food every day. When you're closer to a normal weight, losing weight is a much slower process.

If you ever watch the show "My 600 Pound Life", those people can lose 15 to 20 lbs a week, just by eating a normal diet. The ones that are successful always comment when they get to sub 300 about how difficult it is to lose the weight in comparison to when they were hyper obese.
>>
Last time I watched this shitty show, all they tested was weight.
So before the first weigh in they load up on salt, carbs, constipate themselves, overhydrate etc. Then just starve yourself while doing cardio, clen, dnp etc
>>
>>34942691
last time I watched the American version a guy drank a shit load of water before the initial weigh in so he'd have more to lose
>>
>>34941891
>They are weighed weekly for the US version and they have had similar or better results, so whatever, it's still possible.
I'd say you were gullible if they hadn't removed it from the dictionary.
>>
>>34942701
Measuring just weight is a pretty stupid way of doing it, instead they could test bodyfat %, blood lipids, blood pressure etc. but then that wouldnt make for very good television
>>
>>34942722
>but then that wouldnt make for very good television
I think it would appeal to enough people but TV execs are too obsessed with lowest common denominator shit, especially for reality TV.
>>
>>34942709
See
>>34941933
>often read the contestants' specific accounts and details of the typical week there, including exactly when the weigh-in is. They were really candid and thorough.
>I wasn't relying on the show format.

And tons of those contestants weren't even positive about their stay on the show. Their accounts of it weren't to paint it in some amazing light. It just so happens they said there were weekly weigh-ins.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.