[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, for a herniated L5-S1, what can I do to make my deadlifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 234235236667889.jpg (24 KB, 473x590) Image search: [Google]
234235236667889.jpg
24 KB, 473x590
So, for a herniated L5-S1, what can I do to make my deadlifts and squats safer? I re-snapped my shit a few months ago front squatting. Been working on hamstring flexibility.

Should I get a weightlifting belt?
>>
breh, I'm herniated at L3-L4 L4-L5 and L5-S1, I haven't deadlifted or squatted in 8 months, and I resnapped last week doing fucking leg press. I think its due to tight hammies. Need help bros.
>>
File: 1447099574222.jpg (55 KB, 604x596) Image search: [Google]
1447099574222.jpg
55 KB, 604x596
>>34939849
Yeah bro, it's largely the hammies. Hammies pull everything and make you round your back which is decidedly bad while it is load bearing.

Also, I hear leg press is actually worse for your back than squatting. And deads are good for your back... but only if you can keep your back flat which is hard if your hammies are tight.

How you making out? Sciatica? having problems even existing? I was in bed for fucking week crying.
>>
I stopped buttwinking by doing >/owl/-shoes
>high-bar
>not going past parallel
>streching hamstrings
>streching calfs so knee can go further out

for deadlifts I hear a smokey texan voice in my head that says
>...smoothly over the middle of the foot...
>...squuuiiiize your chest up...
>>
>>34939922
damn I screwd greentext up.
But check em though
>>
>>34939922
>...squuuiiiize your chest up...
This never helped me tbqh pham. I have to think about it in terms of hip hinging if I'm going to keep my back straight.

As for the /owl/ shoes, I've been putting plates under my heels. Same thing, no? And you high bar above parallel? How does that feel?
>>
>>34939837
Stretch the fuck out of your hammies. Go light until you're sure your hammies are stronger and more flexible along with your lower back before going back up in weight. Good mornings and deadlifts.
>>
>>34939956

>putting plates under my heels
many do it, many say it is bad. I've heard you need a solid ground under your feet that makes normal sport shoes suck too.

>high bar above parallel? How does that feel?

I go deep to the point wich I consider as parallel, but yes, I feel ashamed everytime
>>
>>34939903
Sciatica is still a constant annoyance even 9 months later. But that first month, holy shit... I can't wish that kind of pain on anyone.

Fuck this shit. I just wanted to get stronk.

I don't want spinal surgery, senpai, I don't...
>>
ive snapped my shit a couple times real bad and then have had flair ups every so often. Its the fucken PITS..

My hammies are the main culprit, ive never been able to touch my toes. Also lazy glutes which im religiously working on and am making a progress. It gets better guys just need patience, patience, patience.

No one knows the pits of depression until you have a busted spine and r in pain 24/7 for weeks
>>
>>34939837
Sorry senpai
>>
kinda related, is deadlifting good when having scoliosis?
>>
>>34939849
jesus, fuck even leg pressing with that shit.
>>
>>34939837
Stop everything that puts pressure on the disk. Including squats. You can re injure yourself further. This stage is he accute phase. In which the disk is injured and affecting the nerve. You have to reduce inflamation. Mainly you can do the McKenzie prone up and the side glide.Check it out in youtube. After that include stretching of your hips and GENTLY improve your hamstring flexibility. Then incorporate planks and its variations. Core strength is absolutely necessary for a strong and healthy back. After that start incorporating ab wheel rollouts and its variations. Great exercise to strengthen the core. Take your time. I injured myself a year ago and I still have some minor issues but I can squat, deadlift and even do standing ab wheel rollouts for reps. Take care of your back, Spinal problems can become a real issue not only for your lifting, but for your whole life as well.
>>
>>34939837
Plus, disk surgery is only advised in the cases that involve severe radiculopathy, meaning having a nerve impingement so bad that it prevents you from walking properly and losing muscle tone on your affected leg. Most discogenic issues are resolved with conservative treatment. However people like us need to put our spines in tremendous strain, so different things have to be done in order to get back to activity.
>>
>>34939922
How can one strech his back?
>>
File: fregg.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>>34941551
>>34941566
This shirt hurts me so much to read. No squats or deadlifts? I've always thought of those as the central parts of my routine.

I've been doing Mckenzie prone ups, foundation training, the sciatic glide, etc., other stuff my PT has given me. Should I just... lift light for a while? It just sucks so fucking bad. I hate lifting light. I love muh barbell.
>>
>>34944145
You can. Eventually. But first you must reduce the pressure of that disk. Your disk and musculature cannot yet withstand that yet. First strengthen your adyacent musculature, then correct what hurt you the first time. Be patient. I am still in recovery and my injury was one year ago. You want to lift on the long run, you won't be able if you have this lingering issue. Take care.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.