[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To aide in my weight loss I figured that if I swallowed 50-100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1024x1024
To aide in my weight loss I figured that if I swallowed 50-100 ice cubes per day that the calories burned trying to heat my body up after the ice cubes cooled it down would be 50-100 calories.

So I've been doing this for a month and I think it is helping slightly. It's an extra 3000 calories gone :)

Has anyone else done this or heard of it.
>>
>>34938139
Anon you're probably losing weight because you're drinking water (eating ice cubes) in such a tedious manner that you've cut out soda/don't eat as much.

Ice cubes alone don't have enough of a temperature difference to burn even one entire calorie; you'd sooner die of hypothermia than lose weight by trying to cool down your body.
>>
Yes, it's the same as if you eat celery you're negative 50 calories every stalk. Unless you're replacing meals with them it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>34938139
You'd rather swallow 50 to 100 ice cubes per day FOR A MONTH than just do 3000 calories of exercise in the same time period? Or just eat like 5% less?

That's fucking retarded. And this is assuming that you're correct in the 3000 calorie estimation, which you're not.
>>
>>34938139
Tell us when you choke on them
>>
>>34938162
What if I did 100 in one sitting. I swallow them like pills.
>>
>>34938222
you would be clinically diagnosed with autism
nice bait
>>
>>34938243
Fuk u
>>
>women
>>
Heat of fusion for water is 334 J/g (joules per gram).
A calorie is 4.184 joules. A Calorie or kcal is 4.184 kilojoules.
An ice cube is going to be somewhere around 5 to 15 grams. I'm sort of estimating, but that seems right. I googled it and most of the answers seemed to be around there. I'll just say 10 grams to keep it simple.
So each ice cube has (334 * 10)/4.184 calories. That's around 800 calories, but that's calorie with a lower case c, it's only .8 Calories of kilocalories.

So the 50 to 100 ice cubes that you swallow will end up being 40 to 80 Calories burned.

That's actually more than I was expecting. Also, that was just to melt the ice. Bringing it up to temperature would be another couple of calories per gram, so it'd probably end up being right around 1 calorie per ice cube.

Still, though, that's way too much effort and unpleasantness just for 50 measly calories. Just make up those calories elsewhere in your diet, this ice shit is idiotic. Plus, I have no idea what the effects are of swallowing a bunch of ice. This could very well be bad for you in some way that we're not considering.
>>
File: 120412_crazy_glasses_660.jpg (100 KB, 660x512) Image search: [Google]
120412_crazy_glasses_660.jpg
100 KB, 660x512
>>34938139
>>
>>34938355
thanks /sci/
>>
Dumbass. Are you swallowing those icecubes whole, fag? Because that's the only way it will do anything.
>>
>>34938139
>50-100 calories.
run one mile, 10 minutes even for a lardo
>>
>>34938355
Dubs and a genuine reply.
This anon is alright.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.