[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ are high reps low weight for shoulders a broscience meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nm59ralAxf1rphqceo1_1280.jpg (158 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm59ralAxf1rphqceo1_1280.jpg
158 KB, 640x640
/fit/

are high reps low weight for shoulders a broscience meme?
or, are shoulders worked in the same manner as other muscle groups?
I want to work on greater shoulder/bicep or tricep definition.
>>
Bump for bitchy shoulders
>>
>>34937944
The shoulder is a very small muscle and people generally start off with a very low weight. Buuuut muscles are muscles and low weight - high rep/ high weight - low rep will work that muscle just like any other muscle group.
>>
File: 1433249164276.jpg (84 KB, 714x846) Image search: [Google]
1433249164276.jpg
84 KB, 714x846
>>34937965
High weight low rep will stimulate shoulder hypertrophy?
>>
>>34937985
Why not hitting 5x5 on a military barbell press and get an additional 3x10/3x12 excercise e.g. lateral raise?
So you hit them for strenght and try to progress there and add a hypertrophy excercise to fully burn out the muscle.
>>
To effectively build muscle without exogenous substances is to stimulate muscle protein synthesis with a rep range of 6-12 reps for maximum natty gains. This applies for all muscles, no muscle is different from another. If you train with high reps, you will still build muscle although slower. The most effective way to build any sort of muscle is to train with heavy weight in a 6-12 rep range multiple times per week.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
>>
>>34938053
This is retarded. You absolutely 100% do not need to burn out a muscle for it to grow. It is way more beneficial to get a good stimulus every 2 days without completely destroying the muscle.

Full Body 3-4x per week or 2 Day splits 4 days per week are the most effective approaches to building muscle as a natty lifter.
>>
>>34938107
Two excercises are far away from completely destroying the muscle.

Do we only have beginners on /fit/ or what?
>>
>>34937944
It's been proven multiple times that all rep ranges yield the same hypertrophy, within reason (5-25 reps).
>>
>>34938119
>and add a hypertrophy excercise to fully burn out the muscle.

What are you on about?
>>
File: Rep continuum.jpg (47 KB, 867x361) Image search: [Google]
Rep continuum.jpg
47 KB, 867x361
>>34938134
Wrong, wrong, and more wrong.
>>
>>34938163
Still only two excercises.
But you seem like a beginner, so you can get your muscle to grow with just one excercise ;)
>>
>>34938182
>You

Kek
>>
I think high reps low weight is in fact better for every muscle group.

Prove me wrong
Protip you can't
>>
>>34938216

>>34938174

Nice b8
>>
>>34938216
People who use the 'prove me wrong, protip you can't'-meme are always trolling

Prove me wrong.
Protip you can't.
>>
>>34938174
These color groups are poorly chosen.
>>
>>34937944
Just lift. Train hard.
>>
>>34938252
That is a correct statement.
>>
>>34937944
All you really need are arnold's and shoulder raises 2x a week, 8-12 reps
And add weight every month
Shoulders will easily come
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.