[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rear delts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 33333.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
33333.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
I do a PPL with OHP as the main shoulders exercise, and would like to add another exercise for the rear delts. What are the best ones that fit recommends?

I tried doing facepulls yesterday, but think I'm doing something wrong. I found it difficult to keep balance, even with low weights, as the weights are pulling me closer to the station, I had to lean back. Is this the normal posture for facepulls? After one set of awkwardly leaning back, I just sat on an incline bench like pic related to finish the sets, so I could put my feet against the station and focus on the delts without having to worry about posture. What I'd like to know is if doing this (seated, incline, using feet as counterweight) somehow reduces benefits from the exercise re: posture/core or the ROM compared to standing facepulls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8CTuxO6iw
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>34937577
>bent over dumbell raise
>>
>>34937577
yea I have to lean back for facepulls. I frequently see other people doing that as well. You're good anon
>>
File: 1442194985152.jpg (65 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1442194985152.jpg
65 KB, 400x400
>>34937577

Grab barbell with supinated grip, row it towards the higher part of your chest, unlike other rows which go lower.

Biceps, lats, traps and rear delts in just a single exercise.

Of course, all vertical and horizontal pulls train the rear delts to some degree.

Do lateral raises as well.
>>
>>34937659
Yeah you have to some sometimes I use a machine for this to force good isolation be even triceps can cheat you or biceps
>>
Use a staggered stance, should prevent you from leaning back too much. Some people overdo the lean and end up getting too much lats involved
>>
>>34937577
Those arent proper facepulls, those are more like rear delt rows. A proper facepull ends with the shoulders fully externally rotated like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

If you use a seated bench to stabalize yourself you lose glute/core activation that you would have otherwise. However, you shouldnt be going super-duper heavy on facepulls as they usually end up becomming rear-delt rows. You wanna do higher reps for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (381 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381 KB, 850x567
>>34938707
I find this machine is great for it but I wish there were a decent way to ensure minimal tricep use, like straps attached to the lower part of the upper arms instead.

Only other way I know of is with a resistance band, pull it apart while keeping elbows at 90 degrees.
>>
>>34937577
do rear delt rows then
>>
bbumpp
>>
Pendlay rows or seal rows

remember to focus more on pulling with your upper back, squeeze your scapulae together etc. rather than attempting to just use mainly your biceps
>>
>>34937577
Do them at the seated cable row machine
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.