[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I get my bench up /fit/? I started lifting 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image_20.jpg (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
image_20.jpg
12 KB, 228x221
How the fuck do I get my bench up /fit/? I started lifting 6 weeks ago and I was making progress on my other lifts but bench is fucking shit.

Here is my progress:

Squats: the bar --> 115lb (yes, fucking pounds. I'm a weak skelly that never left his basement)
Deadlift: 60lb --> 170lb
Bench: bar --> 85lb

On the bright side I went from not being able to do a single pushup to being able to do multiple sets of 25...
>>
Look what you've made me do. I'm bumping my own thread.
>>
>>34937294
Most probably form, tell in as much detail as you can how you set yourself up for a bench press set. Starting from sitting on the bench.
>>
>>34937294
6 weeks is nothing senpai
Your bench isn't even out of proportion compared to your other lifts, you're just weak

Keep benching and eat big
>>
>>34937294
well here's my 4 year progress op

squat: 135-500lb
bench: the bar-350lb
>>
>>34937446
Really? Thanks man. I asked in a QTDDTOT thread the other day and someone told me I have to be lifting at least 1pl8 in 3-4 weeks
>>
>>34937417
Ok here is my set-up.

>load up picture of qt3.14 I plan on asking out
>remind myself that someone like her deserves someone fit so must be able to lift heavy
>load up music to get those music gains/bump
>sit and lay back on bench
>put arms a little beyond shoulder width
>inhale as I lower weight to right below nipple level
>exhale as I raise back to starting position while avoiding horizontal movement
>repeat x5
>feel accomplished and then feel bad because its not enough to what qt deserves
>make thread on /fit/ as to why I can't lift heavy
>>
>>34937294
>>
try to squeeze in 200 pushups everyday in addition to what you've been doing
>>
>>34937475
> I asked in a QTDDTOT thread the other day and someone told me I have to be lifting at least 1pl8 in 3-4 weeks
Lifting 1pl8 or benching 1pl8? Always take fitness advice with a grain of salt if it's coming from autistic, chinese frog collecting forum.
>>
>>34937470
how long did it take for 1pl8 to 2pl8 bench?
>>
>>34937294
>bench more
>>
>>34937699
year and a half, had to constantly rework it and try new things
>>
Ss +gomad. Literally all there is to it.
>>
>>34937674
bench
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.