[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Sc040_0019.jpg (115 KB, 653x367) Image search: [Google]
Sc040_0019.jpg
115 KB, 653x367
Hey /fit/. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to get the energy to work out? I have trouble even getting out of bed and sleep around 12 hours a day, yet wake up just as tired as when I went to sleep. (Depression is a bitch). I've started taking fish oil, b6, and vitamin D supplements. I've never felt this drained of energy in my life. My diet isnt bad since I cook all my meals for myself, usually chicken, rice, and vegetables.

I miss the feeling working out used to give me. Is my sleep schedule fucking me up? Is the depression what is sapping all my energy?
>>
>12 hours
dont listen to any memes about more sleep if ur working out, 8-10 is ample sleep, also mind over matter, i dont know what its like to have depression but justdoit.jpg

were all gonna make it
>>
i'd say caffeine or pwo is the most simple answer. It'll give you energy, wake you up, and caffeine also boosts your mood.
>>
Sleeping too much makes you more tired than what you'd be if you slept less

aim for 7-8 hours
>>
File: 78888.png (15 KB, 107x105) Image search: [Google]
78888.png
15 KB, 107x105
>>34936395
>and sleep around 12 hours a day
you do know oversleeping is bad for you, right? That's why people who sleep for 9+ hours feel fatigued and have headaches

I find that it makes me even more tired than before
>>
>>34936395
Sleeping too much is almost as bad as not sleeping enough. Will often leave you lethargic and drained. Also, you're sleeping half a day. Four hours you could be doing something else are being wasted.

Every person is different but 8 hours is generally a good bet. Getting more Vitamin D is a good idea as well. I'd get an smart alarm app for your phone, one that wakes you close to your goal sleep after exiting the REM cycle. Aim for 8 hours with that and get up right when it wakes you. See if that starts to help.
>>
>>34936395
Just start exercising.

The more you exercise (so long as you don't overdo it and get adequate recovery/rest) the more energy you have.

It is very simple. Want to be able to run more? Run a little. Then after a while, you can run more than the little bit you've been doing.

Want to lift heavy things? Start lifting not heavy things, soon you can lift slightly heavier things. Etc.

It is not rocket science. Sure there are some intricate details which you might choose to learn, or not. But for the most part it is simple as fuck.

You do what you can do until it is easy. Then you make it a little bit harder for yourself. Then you keep at it until that is easy too. Repeat ad nauseam.

So go for a walk. Then a longer walk. Then try walking faster. Try a short run. A longer run. A faster run.

All you need to do is something. With suitable frequency.
>>
Amps

Or just some caffeine pills
>>
>>34936395
If you're having trouble getting up every morning you should start sleeping in the brightest room of your house.

Getting up is still a bitch but the extra light your body will make less melatonin, which should help you get up.

I also find that after a solid week of actually going to the gym I'm less motivated to stop as I've already committed to training.
>>
bump
I have chronic fatigue syndrome after multiple infections and can barely get out of bed or eat too
>>
>>34936813
10 hours is too much anon
>>
Get your testosterone checked , if you are getting old it might be time for some trt
>>
File: Sc043_0255-1.jpg (136 KB, 577x367) Image search: [Google]
Sc043_0255-1.jpg
136 KB, 577x367
>>34936813
I'm not intentionally sleeping 12 hours, that's just how long I sleep if I don't set alarms.
>>34936932
What causes chronic fatigue syndrome?
>>34936966
Could be this. I just turned 26 and feel drained all the time. I'd compare it to sleep deprivation, yet I'm clearly sleeping too much

>>34936909
Alright, I have a bench and sets of 15, 20, 25, and 30lbs. What do?
>>
>>34937039
leftover bacteria and viruses that don't get killed and damage from antibiotics and mitochrondrial damage
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.