[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone used this? If so, have you had much success?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Has anyone used this? If so, have you had much success?
>>
>>34936318
No, it's a scam.

Read the sticky.
>>
>>34936318
>Dr. Jim Stoppani from Bodybuilding.com

no, but i have feeling it's a brosplit of epic proportions
>>
>>34936318
Yes.
It was fun.. that's all. Don't think I made a lot of gains tho..
>>
I bet it works pretty good on roids
>>
>>34936318
>emphasize on "size"
>pic of a dyel
>>
File: 1422837045509.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1422837045509.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
>>34936318
anything that has the word shortcut is a meme and you shouldnt do it
>>
>>34936318
It's a cut workout, not a gains workout. So it's a meme.
>>
>>34936318
this one is better. i finished his 12 week noob trainer now i'm on his advanced 12 week trainer. i like him
>>
Almost every single routine on bb.com that isn't from the forums is a meme brosplit that will give you literally 0 gains
>>
>brosplits don't work for anyone!
>gyms all around the world are full of brosplitters much more aesthetic than the /fit/ SS t-rex will ever be
lmao
>>
>>34936318
no this is the only workout to look forward to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0hGHFbHXU
>>
>>34936318
How is it 2015 and people are still taking/ even considering taking advice from bodybuilding.com? Come the fuck on guys.
>>
>>34940462
That doesn't mean anything at all. You can make gains on a brosplit, for sure, but does that make it the optimal choice just because there are aesthetic brosplitters? Of course not. The majority of people making good gains on brosplits have good genetics and look that way IN SPITE of a suboptimal routine, not because of it. This of course leads to the reality of if they look good on a brosplit, why ever change? This is why you get the retard types who look good on shit routines and then the more educated lifters who still look shit on the better ones. Of course the guy with shit genetics with stalling progress is going to do some research and discover the optimal training philosophies, but still looks worse than the brosplitter due to genetics. I guarantee you every single natty brosplitter would look about 5-10% better on a better split.
>>
>>34941072
What would be a better split?
>>
File: 1447727882528.jpg (54 KB, 558x669) Image search: [Google]
1447727882528.jpg
54 KB, 558x669
>>34941072
>>
>>34936318
> shortcut to size
> has no size
>>
>>34941072

>I'm smart because I figured out that working a muscle every 5 days instead of every 7 days will lead to more growth

A bro split is convenient and gives solid results if you work out well. Is it optimal? No, but most people are content with that.
>>
>>34941243
That's the secret, lower your standards for what size is
>>
>>34941072
So literally what is the alternativ to a bro split? Full body workout?
>>
>>34941072
You're giving way too much credence to genetics here. You're also implying self proclaimed education.

With how much genes we all share and how slight the variations are, it's no wonder we're all within the same height range, intelligence range, and everything else. But when you start comparing us relative to size, some people get it and some people don't. That's because our routines are vastly different.

Look at Lou Ferrigno. When he was young he was a skeleton. Then he became the Hulk. Quit blaming your failures and my successes on genetics.

You have to be doing something wrong if you're trying and not achieving results. You're not a special snowflake outlier. That's fat logic. What works for me will work for you with the same amount of success, give or take a negligible difference (genetics).

Quit reading too much conflicting broscience and go with tried and true methods, particularly what you've seen works for you best. Blah blah blah never go to failure / blah blah blah always go to failure bullshit. Feel the pump, get in that last couple of reps each set, eat, and let your body rest, and you gain size.

The split should work around your schedule and your body's recovery time. Not your snowflake genes, but because of the frequency, volume, and intensity you just performed. And your work schedule.. Having it so rigid is like telling everyone to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
>>
>>34941621
Oh and also, if you read and understood that post, you'd understand a brosplit doesn't work optimally. Anyone you see that's big that swears by it may have made slow consistent gains over the year, or uses gear. Or they don't actually follow the routine they promote. Like that ever happens..
>>
>>34941621
>Having it so rigid is like telling everyone to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
I don't get it. Are you implying that's a lot?
>>
>>34941957
No, it's an unfounded one size fits all principle. Not everyone of every size and every climate requires the same amount of water. In fact, what they really require is so dramatically different from one another .

Likewise, splits can depend on many factors:

>the volume and intensity of the routine
>the experience of the lifter
>how long the lifter has been lifting
>nutrition and supplements
>type of routine
>schedule

Last and most definitely least cause it's fairly negligible and I shouldn't even mention it: genetics.

What weighs more than genetics is desire and passion. If someone wants something really, really bad and it's all they think about, they generally make it happen one way or another as long as it's possible. And getting more muscle mass is not a novelty, it's possible for anyone.
>>
>>34941957
So yeah

8 glasses of water a day vs chest every monday..

Life is more dynamic than that. Those splits are just general guidelines you try to adhere to.
>>
>>34937870

Dude's bigger than 99.9% of /fit/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.