[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power Clean Form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Jump_Clean.webm (603 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Jump_Clean.webm
603 KB, 640x360
Would like help on my power clean form. Not looking for fashion advice, style suggestions or general abuse, just form help.

I have two webms - this one is with a big jump, but I think my arms arent quite straight and my feet are too wide when I land.

I'll post the other one in a moment.
>>
File: Short_Jump_Clean.webm (281 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Short_Jump_Clean.webm
281 KB, 640x360
Here. I think I catch the bar well here, but obviously the jump is woeful.

You may be able to tell today is the first day I tried power cleaning.
>>
>>34935440
this is a joke right?
>>
I have some other reps on my phone, but these are the two extremes - either I jump well and catch the bar shittily, or I catch the bar well and jump shittily.
>>
>>34935478

nope. This is the first time I have ever tried powercleaning and I just dont get it.

Do you have any tips?
>>
>>34935440
you're pulling with your arms. You're supposed to create an upwards force on the bar through the power exerted during the jump, then force your elbows up and catch in the rack position.

Watch videos, read ss, etc.
>>
>>34935440
Your arms are supposed to be stiff before the jump
your knees are too far apart
>>
>>34935440

Elbows should be up at the end, like your humerus should be parallel to the ground. Your jump is an actual jump and looks ridiculous, I think even you can see that. Don't reverse curl the bar. Try it with some actual weight on and deadlifting from the floor.
>>
>>34935440

Work on your front squat form before even attempting to clean. Your knees are way too fucking far forward and your ass needs to be way back. The jump looks retarded and you're supposed to land on your heels, not your toes.

At least you're not using any weight though.
>>
>>34935440
>>34935456

Looks also like you're not using a hook grip, which you should be in order to rack the bar properly with elbows up.
>>
>>34935440

Also since you're squatting (badly) at the end it's not a real power clean. Why the fuck are you even squatting? Read SS and watch the DVD
>>
>>34935589

I lowbar back squat. Is it worth trying some front squats to help with the positioning?

>>34935553
>>34935587

How can I stop my arms from bending? It seems impossible to complete the movement without at least bending them a little.

>>34935599

Okay. I was doing a deadlift-style double overhand I think.

>>34935587

Okay, ill put some weight on next time and pull from the floor. Its just that the internet guide I was reading suggested doing it step-by-step, so I was trying to pull from mid-thigh to rack position.

>>34935617

Okay, I'll see if I can find this DVD.

Thanks for all the help!
>>
>>34935631

The clean is 50% front squat. You're catching the bar in the front squat position so the better you are front squatting, the better your clean is going to be.

Think of the pull like a cable row, where you pull from the ground up. You're doing the same thing but when it reaches your shoulders you're dropping into a squat position and getting under it to catch it.
>>
here op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUSGjo0aD0M

very simple one, bump the bar in the pelvis area and dont be afraid to go down and meet the bar/go undearneath it, instead of draging the bar some few inches at the end, and dont hold the bar in the upper position with you arms let it rest on your collarbone
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.