[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effective are weighted push ups as a chest exercise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 306x164) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 306x164
How effective are weighted push ups as a chest exercise?
>>
>>34931950

Decent if you're a poor fag, stupid if you have access to a gym. You could even progress in one arm push-ups, or planche depending on what your goals are.
>>
>>>/asp/756838

here you go breh
>>
Bye bye elboes
>>
>>34931950
No.
>>
>>34932072

What do mean no you fucking asshat? You best be trolling nigga.

Resistance is offered via weight on the back, causing the muscles to work harder.

Jesus christ /fit/
>>
>>34932755
I'm with this fellow. Seems comparable to a bench press. Not the same, but within the same universe at least.
>>
>>34931950

rippetoe says pushups are better because they involve more of your body, but no one has found an effective and safe way to load heavier weight, so he says to do bench.

he says pushups are to bench what pullups are to lat pull down.

he likes pullups over lat pull down because you can load weight safely with pullup
>>
they are pretty fucking effective, imho

I use them to get tired and then I don't have to use such huge weights (when I work out at home with dumbbells)
>>
>>34931950
Anything more than one plate on your back is stupid. But they are great for chest. Best do them last
>>
>>34931950
It's an effective way to get an injury. Just use the bench press, retard.
>>
>>34933231
why would you get injured? assuming you stay within the bounds of reason and choose a weight when you can still do >10 reps
>>
>>34933441
The weights could slide off if you get too unstable. Also, I'm not a chiropractor, but you could be a risk of hurting your spine by doing that.

Also, how is that guy going to get those weights off? Is there another guy assisting him?
>>
>>34931950
It's pretty much retarded to put more than one plate on your back.
>>
>>34933565
you could put the plates in a backpack maybe?
>>
>>34931950

Do pseudo-planche, ring or one-arm pushups instead.
>>
File: womanlet.jpg (74 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
womanlet.jpg
74 KB, 571x800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJK_wU4UVw4

Only way to progress the push-up
>>
File: shawn_johnson_04_original.jpg (3 MB, 4060x3744) Image search: [Google]
shawn_johnson_04_original.jpg
3 MB, 4060x3744
>>34933686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zjJfkgLpQc

How to protraction the back
>>
>>34933035

source on this?
>>
>>34933707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

don't forget your pull-ups
>>
>>34933737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLxQ2kqFFFM
>>
>>34933035
Get fat = more weight
Trust me I'm prophessional math pro
>>
>>34933657
The weight itself hurts your lumbar spine once you get to any substantial weight.

Just find a jungle gym, buy a bag of sand, and do weighted dips if you're poor.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.