[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gains Goblins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: 1367458483908.jpg (328 KB, 1200x1699) Image search: [Google]
1367458483908.jpg
328 KB, 1200x1699
How do you deal with gains goblins, /fit/?

>Live in the South
>Everything is either deep fried or smothered in gravy
>Mom and grandma are constantly pressuring me to eat their cooking
>Both use typical mom-science to justify me eating what they cook
>Here anon, you can eat this Gumbo. I changed the recipe just for you. I used turkey sausage so now it's healthy
>Eat it because I feel guilty
>Wife was blessed with great genes
>Can eat whatever the fuck she wants and never gains a pound
>Gets pissed when I don't eat her Gravy soaked chicken with sweet potato pie
>Always wants to go out to eat at local restaurants that only serve fried foods
>Literally the only guy at my job
>Office is full of overweight older women and a few chicks who aren't fat, but are only like a cheeseburger away from it
>Every Monday and Friday are donut days
>Bitches literally eat maple covered donuts with bacon sprinkled on top
>Supervisor is constantly putting donuts and sodas on my desk trying to be nice
>Feel guilty about throwing the donuts away and lying about it

It's taken a TON of will power to stay on my cut for the past 2 months, but I have fallen off the wagon twice already. How the fuck do I deal with this shit?
>>
why not just perma bulk and go southern bearmode? It'd be so easy, my wife doesn't cook shit. Consider yourself lucky m8
>>
> believe that wife somehow has great genes, but you havr to struggle

go back to your titp, fag
>>
>>34931894
Your wife doesn't cook and you still keep her? I hope she at least obedient and good in bed.
>>
>>34931894
I've been trying to leave bear mode for the past 5 months with some marginal success. Trying to go semi otter mode, but now I'm at some awkward in between stage where the stubborn bear mode fat just won't leave from my mid section. I figured cutting would help, but the cuisine around here fucking sucks for anyone trying to cut.

>>34931909
I don't even know what the fuck that means.
>>
File: 1446102356417.jpg (39 KB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1446102356417.jpg
39 KB, 400x332
Grandmothers are the worst when you try to cut.

>"here anon eat this" (plate full of greasy food)
>eat it becouse grandma would feel bad if i didnt
>"c'mon anon have some more"
>take another plate cuz you dont want to hurt her feelings
>after the second plate i literally couldnt eat more even if i wanted to
>"well i guess it wasnt good after all...."
>start to feel bad
>>
File: 1366842800689.gif (2 MB, 391x237) Image search: [Google]
1366842800689.gif
2 MB, 391x237
>>34931989
My mom did this exact shit to me yesterday

>Go over to mom's house to give my dad his tools back
>"Hey anon, I made your favorite, fried porkchops!"
>Well mom, I'm on a cut...trying to lose weight
>"It's okay, I used peanut oil because I know you're trying to get skinny"
>Eat a porkchop
>"Don't forget the potatoes Anon. I only put a LITTLE bit of gravy on them"
>Potatoes are fucking swimming in gravy
>Eat them anyway
>Hang out for a bit then head out
>"Oh anon, I made you a to go plate!"
>No thanks mom, I'm trying to stay away from fried food
>"Oh, guess you didn't like it. I'll just throw it all away then..."
>End up bringing 2 more porkchops home and eating them in shame
>>
>tfw mom is on a cut with me
No temptations , and only healthy stuff in the fridge
>>
File: sweating_mugi.jpg (62 KB, 1278x761) Image search: [Google]
sweating_mugi.jpg
62 KB, 1278x761
I just ignore them. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are the absolute worst.

>take us out to eat every weekend
>"Why don't you order an appetizer? We're paying! Feel free to get a dessert too! How about some wine?"
>Politely decline, mention something about not being hungry or w/e
>"Oh okay..."
>Cue sad disappointed mom face
>Sister-in-law gives me judgy faces anytime I decide to eat small portions or salad
>Clearly just guilty because I'm not partaking in her fatass habits

She also is literally always providing snacks if we're at his parents' house.
>"Hey welcome home we have some croissants we got for you"
> We already ate at home, sorry.
>"Oh okay, I guess you don't have to have one. We got them just for you.."
>"Here's sweet tea we know how much [husband] loves sweet tea"
> We stopped drinking sweet tea literally 4 years ago
> Let her know that we don't want any
>"Oh okay, we bought this because we knew you were coming over..."
> Constantly shoving crackers or chips or hummus or cheese or bread at us
> Offers food literally twice an hour
> Always wants to order chinese takeout

It's exhausting spending time with her, she takes every time that I decline her food offers as a personal sleight.
>>
>>34931873
I don't think you know what that word means, what you describe is the opposite of a gains goblin.

People make free high-calorie food for you? Fucking ride that gains train.

If you work out and don't sit around all day, you need around 3000 just to maintain. If you can't fit a family dinner and a donut into that every day, you're an idiot.
>>
>>34932055
>bring them home without any objection
>open the door
>get on the floor
>throw the pork chops into the trash

That wasn't that hard.
>>
>>34931989
Her generation grew in a time where food was scarce because of the depression, the mere concept of an over-abundance of food in today's society is like a blessing to them. Cut her some slack.
>>
>>34932967
Stop avoiding confrontation and tell them what's up, kindly.

"I really appreciate your hospitality and kindness, but I'm bla bla bla so dont get your panties in a bunch if I refuse etc"
>>
>>34931873
Lift heavy, run fast, live actively. Problem solved you fucking pussy.
>>
>>34933064
Literally this.
Grandpa having health issues now because he eats to much, and eats garbage bits of animals.

But this old dude grew up in Germany during the worst economy fucking ever. So not eating the chicken feet means you don't get to eat.
>>
>>34931873
Preach op

Everywhere I turn there's another gains goblin

>At work, cakes and doughnuts everywhere
>Have to eat in the same room as everyone else because not allowed to eat in labs
>Goblins always have left over take away
>Sitting in a meeting the other day
>I shit you not, piled in front of me was 2 cakes, 6 mini pies and a big packet of maltesers
>Everytime I go to someone elses room they offer me sweets
>Cleaners who come into my room offer me sweets
>come home
>mum has been round to my house but I was out so she's left me a big packet of crisps and box of cookies
>Boyfriend makes his own meals
>Cheese and onion pastries with beans
>The smell is amazing
>The struggle is real

Having said all this I've lost 12lbs in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty proud of that. Just 18lbs left to go.
>>
>>34932967
i know croissants are bad but my gooooood.

i ate like 6 today. i mean i counted the 1500 calories and ate little else but my gooooood so delicous
>>
>>34933105
If only. My husband told her he's dieting and she said she was worried that he's malnourished. He had to drop a pants size recently and she convinced herself that it was because he's literally starving himself.
>>
File: 692.jpg (119 KB, 399x477) Image search: [Google]
692.jpg
119 KB, 399x477
My co workers are actually some of the worst although i know they mean well.
>23 years old, 6'4", currently 285lbs
>started the warehouse job Im at now at 19 years old, 445lbs
>long story short, finally reach rock bottom and come to the ultimatum of start losing weight, or just end it now.
>drop all the weight I mentiones
>nothing but praise from family
>co workers see and always berate me
>"its not healthy to stave yourself you know."
>"you were never fat! You just have a big frame!"
>they would target my dad whenever we were together too (we work together)
>"really anons dad? Youll let your son starve himself and waste away before you, and youll do nothing about it?"
>always get offended when i declined their cookies, cake, pasta dishes when they brought it in for a party or holiday celebration.
>"oh thats right, you feel youre above us and wont eat my home made deep fried lasagna. Typical"
>the more I dropped, the more hate I got from the same people
>was honestly asked by one of these people if I try to be a cold hearted bastard or does it come naturally because of my lack of seeing how my continued weight loss hurts the feelings and self esteem of thoee around me

Im fucking trying fit. Why. Why does everyone have no problem when im huge, but when I change myself THAT HAD NO AFFECT ON ANYONE ELSE do they see the need to fuck with me?
>>
>>34933928
Crab bucket mentality

You got some fat crabs man
>>
>>34934011
I never really believed the while crab in a bucket mentality being real until I saw how they treated me. Blew me away. Itbwasnt like I was walking around strutting my stuff or looking for compliments at every turn. But with so much weight lost, i of course had to get better fitting clothes. Which of course also made me look a lot better which they hated even more.
>>
>>34933928
>deep fried lasagna
Okay your coworkers are a bag of salty old crab dicks in a bucket, but fuck if I wouldn't have eaten that deep fried lasagna, if only for the novelty.
>>
>>34933928

when people see others changing around them it reminds them of the losers they are. Don't worry anon, keep lifting and make them even more jelly.
>>
>>34931873
>good genes
> cant gain weight

you wut?
>>
>>34931873
what I wouldnt give to be in your position.
>caring mom and grandma who cook for you
>loving wife who also cooks for you
>southern food everywhere
>nice coworkers

I also live in the south but my family doesnt and no-gf or waifu and i'm having to move back north. I'm gonna miss this. no chik fil a, no publix, no popeyes, no 3am cookout shakes.

If you want to bulk, the South is the best place to be
>>
>>34934258
Time to cut then fäm
>>
Lol my mom is very nutrition aware. Which is quite surprising because she herself is not very healthy.

My dad excersizes (just treadmill every week tho) but he's a nutrition retard
He often says shit like "taco bell and excersize go hand in hand don't feel guilty! As long as you're active you can eat whatever you want!"
I remember when I was 18 one of the things that got me into fitness was him saying something to me one day like "son let's go get some jeans, if you're getting big like me you need some. And that's totally fine, you're a growing boy and you need food" and that bothered me immensely.
He's not a total lardass either. Just slightly over chubbyfat.
>>
File: shiggyfuggendiggy.png (332 KB, 472x475) Image search: [Google]
shiggyfuggendiggy.png
332 KB, 472x475
>>34933036
Not walking the dinosaur
>>
>>34934258
Where are you moving? I'm in the north and we've got Popeye's.
>>
>>34931873
Stop being a pussy
>>
>Moved out from parents' earlier this year
>Cutting until Christmas
>They guilt trip me into seeing them 1-2 times per week minimum, ALWAYS for some sort of meal
>Always beef, always copious amounts of carbs, always massive portions
>Near enough have to starve the rest of the day to maintain my calorie count
>They buy me food regularly, ask if I'm eating right
>Shove all the stuff they buy me in the freezer, starting to run out of space
>Tfw I'm content to eat the stuff I buy myself, as plain as it seems to others
>Tfw I notice a difference in the gym when I cave in and eat their food
>>
>>34931873
My parents are gains goblins. I'm asked at least twice a week if I want to have a "cheat day" and go get a half pound burger or grab a steak or make a big bowl of popcorn, shit like that. How do I deal with them?

"No thanks."

It's taken months but they're slowly starting to understand that my answer isn't going to change. I've got my mind made up and my resolve will not be broken. Lately, they've been cutting their fat logic simply because they know I'll call them on it.
>>
How bout stop being aa faggot and use excess calories to work harder. You sound like a fucking baby eat big get big.
>>
food's not my issue, my girlfriend is.

i have resorted to wearing a chastity and only i have the key. she gets off to it and so do i. i only let her dry hump and she must keep her hands behind her back.
>>
>>34931873
my gains goblin is my depression

>fail 3 semesters of college because too stupid and weak to get over depression
>probably wont be able to graduate college

also
>get tattoo last friday
>cant lift for like 2 weeks or else tattoo can get fucked

god fucking dammit
>>
>>34933928
You're becoming what they can't be and they're jelle. You are walking proof that their fat logic is bullshit, and your mere existence shatters their blissful illusion that "big frames" = 400 pounds.

Keep crushing their reality. Give them hell. They're so selfish, they'd rather give you grief than look in the mirror. Fuck em.
>>
>>34932055
>>34933036
>Not calculating rough macros for the free food to make gains
It's like you guys aren't even trying to make it.
>>
>>34933928
better file a complaint for harrassment and bullying while you can. One day a fatty is gonna nail you with one for no reason (when they finally reach hate levels of jealousy) and you'll get fired, because fatties will lie for each other, they stick together like deep fried macaroni cheese
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (37 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
37 KB, 500x329
My girlfriend, who was my inspiration for getting /fit/, is a gainz goblin I've now realized.

>mention I'm hungry, but I'm like 150 below calorie max for the day, leave to buy some bananas
>get back, she's ordered a large, 4 topping pizza

>hanging out, she offers to cook dinner so I can relax and play DA:O after work
>makes a "healthy wrap stir fry:" a whole avocado, chickpeas, a bunch of chopped peanuts, and some spinach fried in oil and sweet chili sauce, white tortillas are slathered in hummus and garlic mayonnaise

>we're supposed to be cutting together now, get her to read the sticky (had to cut and paste because she won't look at anything posted on 4chan)
>she still insists that eating avocados, nuts, coconut oil in tea, honey, other "good foods" are fine to eat a bunch of because they're "healthy for you," gets defencive when I mention calories < calories out

>both playing fallout 4 in my room
>stop every few hours to lift for a while (have a small setup at home)
>says freeweights are "sketchy," I should use machines instead because they're safe and designed to be more effective
>frowns at me whenever I grunt at all

>she complains about never having any energy, constantly bothers me to figure out my "secret"
>tell her it's just regular light exercise, lots of water, and anything approaching a healthy diet rich in protein and iron
>offer to help her start lifting at home, I'll spot and everything, no pressure
>"I don't wanna."
>"why not baby?"
>"because it's dumb."
>"but why?"
>"it's sketchy and douchey and I don't want to."

I wish I could tell you I was trolling la.ds, I really wish I could. Somehow Ive managed to lose 15 lbs since I started about 3 weeks ago, but I don't know if it's gonna last.
>>
File: 4018080408_319dbd44c7[1].jpg (97 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
4018080408_319dbd44c7[1].jpg
97 KB, 500x334
>>34938444
Your girlfriend is the type of person who always takes her car to a shop because working on it herself is too scary

>just take it to the mechanic they know what they're doing
>Just use the machines they're safe and effective
>>
>>34938508
Like I love her and she's great in so many ways, but that's exactly her.

She dropped her macbook a few days ago, and slightly dented the lid so it doesn't close properly anymore. She starts whining and complaining and saying she needs to buy a new one. I suggest she try to just flatten the tiny dent with a small hammer: nope. Wrap a few thick elastics around the base so it can sort of close without getting wrecked: nope. Let me fix it: nope. Take it to a shop for a fraction the cost of a replacement: nope.

Her answer to literally everything she doesn't like is "it seems sketch." And never provides any actual cause to her aversion.
>>
My grandpa was my gains goblin, but I miss that goblin so much.
>>
>>34938508
>car not even lifted

0/10
>>
yall complaing about >tfwnogf

gfs are literal gains goblins

>get pissy when you wake up early to go gym
>beg and cry you skip gym to spend an extra hour with them
>always wants to eat out at places that sell nothing but shit
>cost a fucktonne of money
>complain when you want to sleep instead of watching some fucking retarded show with them

I never asked for these feels.
>>
>>34931873
>Literally the only guy at my job
is it bath and body works anon?
>>
>>34933283
How the fuck did you lose 12lbs in two weeks? Have you been living off celery?
>>
>>34938508
>Spilling used oil all over
0/10
>>
>>34931873
My GF works for cellucor
>>
File: 1423718743283.png (422 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1423718743283.png
422 KB, 665x662
>richfags complaining about going to restaurants
>normies complaining about having girlfriends

RAFGFSDGFSDGHSFGFS
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.