[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/firstdayatgym/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 26
File: skinny amphibian.jpg (89 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
skinny amphibian.jpg
89 KB, 644x781
Who /firstdayatgym/ here? How'd it go?

Mine went terrible. Its not that i couldnt do the workout but everyone there was fucking ripped, dude next to me staring at my skelly ass arms as i did awkward ass shoulder presses. Discouraged out the wazoo right now. Quite sore.
>>
>>34930627
I'm a fatty girl and I honestly don't remember my first day at the gym very much. I was so unconcerned, probably because I went with a friend. Friend was nervous tho.
>>
>tfw your first day at the gym was at midnight to avoid seeing the jacked gym bros

Bit autistic but necessary when you're BMI is less than 18.5
>>
>decide to work out and get buff
>I call my friend and he guides me in the lifting scene
>go to gym and start working legs and glutes
>go shower
>he ends up fucking me in the ass
>stop working out and just play vidya all day now
The gym sucks
>>
>>34930627
Keep at it and one day you will see someone who looked just like you and it will remind you of how much progress you have made.
>>
File: large.jpg (196 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
196 KB, 500x488
>>34930658

OP here. Set my alarm to 6 oclock. Fucking infuriated me that the place was still packed at 7 in the morning.

There is nowhere to hide, not even timewise
>>
>>34930627
Protip: no one cared about how skinny you are. They were just there to work out like you.
>>
>>34930697
If you're able to, go around 9am or 10. Most people are at work by then
>>
File: 1337122312.jpg (139 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1337122312.jpg
139 KB, 500x378
>>34930702
this
>>
Also no matter how skelly you are in three.months you will see an actual skeleton and you'll be like lololol at least I wasn't that guy holy shit give up now noodles. I'm always excited to see dyels cause they CAN progress fast.
>>
I had to do the roll of shame on my first day.
I had to think of /fit/ and thought it was funny as fuck afterwards
>>
OP, man the fuck up. Don't be intimidated by people who are stronger than you. You should be inspired more than anything. See what they can do as your own goal and suddenly you'll find the motivation to go 5x a week
>>
File: woe is pepe.jpg (19 KB, 498x228) Image search: [Google]
woe is pepe.jpg
19 KB, 498x228
>>34930713

BUT THATS WHEN MY CLASSES ARE
>>
>>34930758
Then quit being a bitch and deal with the other gym goers. Do you want to make it or not?
>>
File: 1428187450365.jpg (75 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
1428187450365.jpg
75 KB, 610x611
that's the problem these days
we have so short time frames
you need to think long term

if you are CONSISTENT with your progress
I guarantee that you'll outlift every curlbro that's miring themselves and checking out instagram

long term progress
stick to your plan

...or you can go home and cry and give up
eat some chips because a Khal Drogo-tier guy was using the bench, and you couldn't work up the courage to ask if you could work in
>>
>>34930627
My first days at the gym went pretty meh as well. You gotta realize tho that no one was born swole and that these people have been working out for long time. No one outside of /fit/ will actually be that critical with you.
>>
File: jdimsa.jpg (12 KB, 462x123) Image search: [Google]
jdimsa.jpg
12 KB, 462x123
>>34930790

>*sniffies tear boogers*

Y-yeah anon i do. So what now?
>>
>>34930697
Middle of the day. Remember, most lifters aren't autistic shut-ins like you
>>
>>34930841
If you can't deal with the fact that yeah people are gonna pass judgements in their glances, you're never gonna make it. And this is coming from a former 100lb 5'1 manlet.
If I can deal, so can you faggot
>>
>first day
>office gym
>literally 3 other guys and 2 gym bunnies
>they all knew each other
>just kept doing my thing
Felt good, and then the next day came
>could only bend both my elbows at 45 degrees
>couldn't lean anything because my upper back felt like shit
>couldn't bend my core
Then gym day came again and it all vanished.
5 months later I can now see my abs, my chest pops out more than my belly, arms aren't just flat slabs, benching lmao2pl8.
And the three guys I mentioned who were never consistent still looked like the pieces of cotton balls they were 5 months ago.
>>
>never gone to a gym before
>was a fatty but lost 90lbs at home before going to it
>probably one week into new gym
>incline bench without a spotter
>people I know were at the flat bench next to me
>wasn't my first time on the incline but I wasn't used to it
>the bar leans on the left and the weight slides off
>I notice and look over which caused the other one to fall off

I didn't have my glasses on but I could feel every pair of eyes at the gym were on me
Thankfully no one was hurt though
>>
>>34930627
Going to the university gym today for the first time. Skelly here - 150 lbs, 6 foot, 2 inches

I know no one cares, I'm not socially awkward, but it's hard for everyone going the first time. But put some headphones on and get in the fucking zone lets go

be back in 1.5 hours
>>
I'm fairly built and whenever I see someone new at the gym the only thing that goes through my mind is "good for them".

Never compare yourself to others, in any aspects of your life. We've all been the new guy, keep it up bro.
>>
>walk in
>black guys yell AYY STICKMAN THE SALAD BAR'S THAT WAY
>start using machines
>people looking at me
>someone takes a picture and probably put it on Instagram or whatever
home gym forever, there's a reason why skeletons and fat people rarely go to the gym
hurts that these people probably complain about unhealthy people yet discourage them to make it worse
>>
>>34930697
Also try super late at night or go find a shit gym that nobody joins.
>>
>>34931174
Good luck, have fun, love you anon
>>
>>34931224
When did this happen f a m?Just ignore people go back to the gym grow a thick skin it can only do you good.Unless you already have a home gym.
>>
Grats. It will be 2 years since my first day comming up next week. I'll post pics to celebrate.

I look better and feel better than i could even imagine.

We're all gonna make it brah
>>
I remember my first day I didn't know shit so I just walked on the treadmill for 20 mins and then the pt showed me how to use a few machines.
The first month was just fucking around. All that time wasted. I was intimidated by all the muscular guys lifting more than me and I hated going to the gym.
Now whenever I see a newfag in the gym I go up to him and tell him that he'll make it. I hope that the day he actually makes it he'll remember me with tears in his eyes.
>>
>>34930627
Honestly what everyone else here is saying, they don't care so long as you're working out and not just pointlessly delaying their workout.
>>
>>34931296

Fug i wish i could meet you someday.

Has /fit/ ever had a meetup workout?
>>
>>34931327

Define "pointlessly delaying"

Will alphas actually tell me to fuck off if im just deadlifting the bar my first month or shoulder pressing 15pounds on one of the gym's 3 incline benches?
>>
>>34930697
7am is packed, so is 4pm-8pm.

At 8-9am it's empty because everyone is at work. Go then.
>>
>>34931174
just got back,

squat - 115 4x5 then 125 5x5
bench 75 5x5 lmao was super easy but as everyone said just leave ego at the door and focus on form
i couldnt find where the fuck to do barbell rows though, like wtf lol
oh well i feel great and i dont see why i was so afraid to start. thanks guys
>>
>>34932006
*1x5 i mean on the last squat
>>
>>34930627
I had that as well when I started working out, but honestly nowadays I don't think most people care about what others are doing in the gym. Personally I stopped caring about other people while I'm there completly. Also I think as long as you're doing a decent routine there's no reason for why any decent person should give you a hard time.
>>
>>34931224
>autistic enough to let some random dickwad get to you
>reality is that most gyms dont have said dickwads, just find a better gym
>>
>>34931630
If you do retarded shit like curling in the squat rack.No one cares if you don't lift much contrary to popular belief alot of guys at the gym a nice as fuck.
>>
>>34930627
lol what a beta. I had my first gym session ever last week and despite looking like an untrained fuck (because I am) and starting on pitiful weights, I just focused on the job at hand. Even the biggest guy in the gym started somewhere so why give a shit about the few, if any, people who will look down on you. It's not as if you have to interact with them.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck. People go to the gym to look at themselves, not you faggot quit thinking about it and just lift.
>>
File: deniro_face_blog.jpg (63 KB, 460x705) Image search: [Google]
deniro_face_blog.jpg
63 KB, 460x705
>>34931224
>living near niggers
A rain's gonna come....
>>
Before I went to the gym I've been browsing /fit/ for a while, and during that time I would fill a backpack with heavy shit and do push ups so I had at least some gains. My first day at the gym went alright, was arm day, curled dumbbells.
>>
>>34932006
Lbs or kg kek?
>>
File: KingOfTheTrill.jpg (121 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
KingOfTheTrill.jpg
121 KB, 600x445
>>34930718
>>
>>34930697
I guess it would be time to stop hiding.
>>
>>34930627

My first day at the gym I sat on the bike for 22 minutes. I remember it well.

Oh god. I'm so glad I started. Currently 5 sizes down in pants and 2 in shirts (even went from 50 to 40 before starting the gym by taking walks and eating less).. but going to the gym feels so fucking great. Gotten stronger and lost tons of weight.
>>
>>34930697
>>34930627
>>34930758
>>34930841
stop crying you little bitch, those ripped dudes arent gonna kill you. They are staring because they wanna memorize how weak you are now, so they can compare it to the ripped dude you're gonna be in a few years..

or because your form was shitty or something
>>
Pretty cringey, I'm cool now
>>
>>34930627
attention all anons:
nobody is staring at you, nobody gives a shit
unless you are doing something incredibly weird.

stop coming up with shit excuses and keep lifting.
>>
>>34933233
Yeah he squatted 250 pounds for sets on his first day at the gym
wake the fuck up
>>
>>34933416
>nobody is staring at you, nobody gives a shit

I do this. My main hobby when lifting is people watching. I refuse to believe I'm the only one doing this. That epic wait when you know a skellie will fail an exercise is gorgeous.
>>
>>34933416
I watch people during rests.

If you're a DYEL and doing something wrong, I'll try to help you.

If I'm impressed I'll say nice lift or something.

If you're a fatty and you've been hanging in there, I'll say you're making good progress.
>>
>>34931608
This is how you get raped and/or murdered
>>
>>34933545
Fun times:D
>>
File: Ben Cohen Smiling in the Shower.png (216 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
Ben Cohen Smiling in the Shower.png
216 KB, 319x400
>>34933573
You think I can't rape you bro?
>>
>>34933589
You can't rape the willing..
Nice smile, bro.
>>
>>34931224
Thathappened
>>
>>34930794
>you need to think long term
>if you are CONSISTENT with your progress
>I guarantee that you'll outlift every curlbro that's miring themselves and checking out instagram
>long term progress
>stick to your plan
>...or you can go home and cry and give up
>eat some chips because a Khal Drogo-tier guy was using the bench, and you couldn't work up the courage to ask if you could work in

are you guy in pic do you workout at 24 hhour
>>
>>34930627

The key to overcoming any fear opie is to keep doing it until it's no longer scary. Tip, that applies to everything in life and not just lifting.
>>
>>34930868
The gym helped it with your height gains? You're no longer a manlet?
>>
File: Awaken.jpg (32 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
Awaken.jpg
32 KB, 605x146
>>34930658
Especially when your BMI is below 17 :^)
>>
>>34933451
you sound like a dick
>>
File: 1272174617288.jpg (162 KB, 871x1199) Image search: [Google]
1272174617288.jpg
162 KB, 871x1199
>>34930683
This, it happens to everyone.
>>
>>34933829
Oh I am.
>>
File: 1430833860553.png (80 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
1430833860553.png
80 KB, 245x251
>be literally anorexic
>first day at the gym
>everyone is staring at me
>can't lift the machines with no weights
>gym owner sees me doing empty-weight shoulder presses and laughs
>a year and a half later
>never gave up
>gained 30kg
>strength went up by nearly 400%
>walk in, everybody shakes my hand
>gym instructor is proud as fuck
>lift more than the guys who were they when I started and didn't change at all

Don't be a pussy. Lift.
>>
>>34933911
Good job man, but
>can't lift the machines with no weights
how can one man be this weak?
>>
I live in a small village resort town and just found out they opened a 24 hour gym in our dinky mall. Going to head down there today and see what's up. Anyone know the average price for a monthly membership at a gym like that? Don't want to get screwed over
>>
>>34933926
Fucking literally anorexia, man. Also the first week or so I went in with only a cup of coffee in my stomach.
>>
>>34930644

Pls be in Washington DC
>>
>>34933941
Feel you man.
When I first started my bmi was 11.5.
Fucking lifting got me out of that hellish existence.
>>
>>34933957
It really is the worst. I think I'd rather have been fat and having to lose the weight.
>>
>>34934015
Same here.
Luckily I could start out lifting in rehab. No ordinary gym would accept me like that. I looked like a fucking alien.
>>
>>34934015
Never say you'd rather be fat, seriously. Ex-fat fuck here and it was a fucking nightmare getting to where I'm at today, not to mention my body has stretchmarks and scars all over it.
>>
>>34934033
I remember I was so self-conscious that the day I went to sign up for the gym it was incredibly hot, yet I was in full pants and a coat. I never left the house in a shirt. And I worked out in sweatshirts a few times the first weeks too.

>>34934050
I also have a ton of stretchmarks and scars from growing, a LOT of them. And getting used to a way bigger diet when you're used to eating nothing at all is a nightmare. I can't count how many times I've had to lie down and focus on not throwing up.
>>
>>34934050
He probably didn't mean obese, though.
Being fat (but not land whale) puts less strain on the body than severe underweight.
Anorexia can kill in a matter of a few years.
>>
>>34934073
>hey ex-skelly where'd you get your stretchmarks
>i worked hard and became a powerful human
>they now remind me how far i've come

>hey ex-fatty where'd you get your stretchmarks
>i was an obese sack of shit and had to cut for half a year before I could even see gains inside my flesh, now
>they remind me of my shit decisions and will haunt me forever

>>34934092
I'm not talking about strain or health, I'm just talking about sheer amount of work required to gain some kind of aesthetic physique
>>
>>34934135
Both strech marks are from stretching the skin way farther than it used to be. They're both from growing, only in different forms, and neither come pretty.

Also, you're reeeeally undermining the amount of work it takes to build up strenght with NO FOUNDATION at all.
>>
>>34930627
If new fries are working hard then no judgement. Now, yesterday I had this one fucker in the gym. I unintentionally began my workout during the Lions vs Green Bay game. This one old guy has a fit 14'ish year old son who's working out and he lays at a bench rigged with 1pl8. In 45 minutes, he did 3 sets of 15'ish reps. 45 minutes. And then he tells his son to wrap it up, as he's done. *That* type of bullshit, I would judge.
>>
>>34934149
Well as an old fatty, I'd much rather walk into a gym and struggle with an empty bar but atleast be able to see every ounce of progress I make instead of running constantly and flapping my fat all over the place, wondering if I'm making any gains under my mushy exterior. Not to mention the shit eating habits I had to change drastically

I'm not saying it's easy for skeletons, I just hate when I see skeletons say they'd rather have started fat. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.
>>
>>34934135
Nobody asks about your stretchmarks, they just assume you're a bitch. no discrimination there.
>I'm just talking about sheer amount of work required to gain some kind of aesthetic physique
I have damaged my bonestructure to the degree where I have shrunk several centimeters, and my jaw has been disformed. I can't fix this no matter how much I lift. If you want to compare with the skin you can surgically remove, go ahead.
Lifting is about empowerment, both for ex-fatties and ex-skellies. Is not about who had the worst experience, so please don't degrade the discussion to that.
>>
>>34934182
Nah man, when your fat starts to disappear you'd be seeing your muscles already. Most skellys have to bulk for a LONG, LONG TIME, then cut, before they really look good.
>>
>>34934315
Fellow ex-rexic. Please don't degrade yourself to the 'my experience is worst' competition. Fatties have a tough time too. deal with it.
>>
Alright let's just all agree that it's difficult for both fatties and skeletons and each starting point has its own challenges. It's hard to tell from the opposite standpoint though which I think is what gets the other body-type guys mad
>>
>>34934346
No one is competing. It's just silly to pretend as if anyone has it easy. I said I'd rather have been fat because bulking is something I know is extremely uncomfortable and I dislike a lot. I actually dream about cutting.

It's just different degrees of humilliation.
>>
>>34930627
I'm a fatfuck and I really can't muster up the courage to go to a gym. Absolutely clueless about fitness related things and I'm socially incompetent.
>>
>>34934415
>bulking is something I know is extremely uncomfortable and I dislike a lot. I actually dream about cutting.
It sounds like you haven't dealt with those anorexic mind structures yet, actually.
Why do you dislike bulking?

I don't know about your personal experience, but in general fatties get bullied more than skellies. You could hide in clothes, fatties can't.
>>
File: 1389848153138.jpg (172 KB, 740x795) Image search: [Google]
1389848153138.jpg
172 KB, 740x795
A little motivation, fellas
>>
>>34934452
You can't hind in clothes lol, you aren't fooling anybody. I mean, really, NOBODY is going to think an anorexic person looks normal just because he's in baggy clothes.

Bulking for extended, and I mean really extended, as in over a year, periods of time is exhausting. Not to mention the insane amount of food and resources you'll eat up depending on how tall you are, and I happen to be pretty tall. More than that, it can sometimes feel as if there's no end in sight.
>>
>>34934452
Very true.

>>34934415
I was never a skeleton so I don't understand the struggles of having to overeat your comfort level but aren't there a ton of calorie dense foods you can just smash out? Like eat half a jar of peanut butter as fast as possible and bam there you go

I dunno I just don't get it
>>
>>34934470
If you tried to fight me over my girl I would report you to the police and you would end up in jail..
Welcome to society..
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>34933451
Same here. I ppl watch on my set breaks cause i leave my phone In the locker room. Not really hoping ppl fuck up, just sorta seeing what shit other ppl are up to.
>>
>>34934486
Yeah, and some fatties have to cut for several years to get to any normal weight and cutting is suffering to them
Why bother comparing the two? Both are extremely shitty places to start from.
>>
>>34934486
>Bulking for extended, and I mean really extended, as in over a year, periods of time is exhausting. Not to mention the insane amount of food and resources you'll eat up depending on how tall you are, and I happen to be pretty tall. More than that, it can sometimes feel as if there's no end in sight.
And fatties have to do the hard fight the other way around. For you eating is difficult, for a food addict the difficulty is to avoid food. Don't be dramatic.
>>
>>34934514
well yeah there's nothing wrong with people watching but doing it just to hope someone fucks up is pretty dickish
>>
>>34934470
This is stupid, how would it motivate anyone?
>>
>>34934502
>>34934536
You must be really fun at parties
>>
File: white trash.png (108 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
white trash.png
108 KB, 397x397
>>34934556
>>
>>34930627

Are you going to the gym to mind other people? Why the fuck do you care who is staring at you? If you are lifting to prove others you might as well just kill yourself already.

Of course there's going to be huge jacked men there, they have been there for years and they are either fucking gym rats with such a dull life they literally live of the gym, corpses trying to prove people shit nobody cares about or people actually improving and challenging themselves physically and mentally. Explain to me why does the opinion of anyone there matters to you?

We are all going to die eventually and fucking nobody will remember anything we'll do. Stop pretending it matters. Outgrow them. FAG
>>
>>34934492
The guy was anorexic, so the problem is not eating over comfort level, it's about calories and removing those boundaries you have set up to control yourself. Food itself is the enemy, and you have to get past that.
>>
>>34934486
>NOBODY is going to think an anorexic person looks normal just because he's in baggy clothes.
It is easier to hide a overly skinny person in a group of people than it is to hide the fattyplanet with it's own moon attached to it. Everybody see the fatty all the time. People se the anorexic when they get close and see that jaw line. And if you wear a motorcycle jacket and a helmet, you're invisible. A fatty would just be a blob on a bike.
>>
File: RussianWeightLiftingJesus.jpg (37 KB, 1221x165) Image search: [Google]
RussianWeightLiftingJesus.jpg
37 KB, 1221x165
>>
>>34930627
Someone tell me what /isthisthingnow/? Writing a sentence between those. I've only seen it recently
>>
First day at the gym i wore a tight ass wifebeater and did machines all day because i was scared of the freeweight area

I slowly got into the freeweights and applied stronglifts 5x5
>>
>>34934759
answer me
>>
>>34935133
No
>>
>>34935185
/fuckyou/
>>
>>34935217
:(
>>
>>34935133
Okay so you know how 4chin is separated into sections designated by slashes, like /fit/

So when you type two slashes on both ends of something you're implying towards those that fit into that group.

Like /winterbulking/
/cutting/
/gymtimeruinedbypajeet/

They aren't legitimate sections of 4chan but you get the idea.
>>
>>34935449
You ruined the game:(
>>
>>34934533
>to hope someone fucks up is pretty dickish
>Implying this is a problem
>>
>>34930627
I just went for the first time about a week ago. I was out of town and usually just lift at home.

It was exactly the same as lifting at home, but I didn't have to change the weight on the dumbbells, as they were already there and ready to go. There were about 15 people there and everyone just kept to themselves. I was a little nervous at first about going, but it turned out to be no big deal.

Also I'm DYEL if you're wondering.
>>
>>34930683
I... witnessed that... I was not the most skelly anymore once the begginer gains kicked in. It... felt... liberating...
>>
File: MANLETZEL.jpg (109 KB, 839x471) Image search: [Google]
MANLETZEL.jpg
109 KB, 839x471
>be manlet
>first day at gym going well so far
>hit the brench press
>hit the squats
>a qt mires at me
>i smile back
>turn back around and see 6'4 alpha masterrace zyzz like dude
>tells me if i look at his gf again hes going to kick my ass
>go over to the shoulder press machine
>sweating my ass off trying not to look at qt
>can't get 1 rep in
>literally spill my spaghetti
>pretend that I got a call from gf telling me her water broke
>run out of the gym
>cancel my gym membership next day

never again bros.
>>
>My first day was awesome.
>Weeks after first day were awesome.
>Months after first day were awesome.
>Was already used to working out 7 times a week, so I did the same for lifting.
>4% bf from beginning
>full skeletung mode
>every gain is muscle gain
>dat prograss
> dem arms
> no ass
>tfw no autistic asperger mode during first day

Everyone was very nice to me, if I had any questions I'd just ask the biggest guys around and they gave me lots of hints.

I honestly don't understand why you people are being so autistic about starting to lift.
>>
>>34933545
just i-imagine all the spaghetti..... everywhere
>>
>>34930841
Your ego has to stay in the locker room. When you go out there, and it's only about you and how far you are willing to go to make it.
>>
>>34935695
I will rape your spaghetti
>>
>tfw my first day at the gym was when I was 13
>tfw even then I didn't give a fuck

just workout, man.
>>
>>34935657
Taking the b8
Your green text is fucking shit
>post, never again
>>
>>34932006
you did almost a pl8 squat on your first day? i sense a filthy half squatter....
>>
>>34930627
>first day
>only quite sore
you did it wrong
you shouldnt be ale to move
>>
File: r9kmysterypolicesketch.png (76 KB, 314x234) Image search: [Google]
r9kmysterypolicesketch.png
76 KB, 314x234
>took 2 weeks off gym
>first day back tomorrow
>gonna redo 5 rep maxes on everything to see how much i dropped
DOMCITY HERE I COME
>>
File: 1447560404884.png (21 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1447560404884.png
21 KB, 235x235
>no one's posted locker room parties yet
>>
>>34935657
AHAHAHHHAHH.. why?
>>
File: 432894140148.jpg (14 KB, 480x341) Image search: [Google]
432894140148.jpg
14 KB, 480x341
>>34931224
>black guys yell AYY STICKMAN THE SALAD BAR'S THAT WAY
>>
>>34934470
This is dumb asf
>>
>>34933687
correct, i am now 5'8
>>
>>34930627
nobody gives a shit about the size of your arms or what you look like in the gym, and if anyone does care its because they want you to make it
>>
>>34931224
that doesnt happen fagit
>>
>>34937329
zamnnnnnn zaddy how old were you when you started?
>>
>>34937355
17 actually
>>
>>34937373
Z A M N.

How old are you now?
>>
>>34937402
im sorry anon, i've been tricking you this whole time, i am not the poster you originally replied to

please accept my apology
>>
>>34937441
LMFAOOOO... Catfished!!!
>>
>>34930627
I did some dumb shit desu, but I went to squat and deadlift right away. Left bench press until the next day because it looked intimidating and I started doing it by laying down in reverse. Some powerlifter dude looked at me and I knew I was doing something retarded. He helped me out and told me to scrap some retarded over the top program I got from here.
>>
>>34930627
Be sure to wear glasses for that extra coolness tommorrow
>>
File: 1447522967569.jpg (187 KB, 969x596) Image search: [Google]
1447522967569.jpg
187 KB, 969x596
>>34934470
Cringe desu

I like this though

It's not necessarily motivational by itself but I really feel what he says.
>>
>>34937478
laying down in reverse?
>>
>Be on the brink of being obese
>Everyone in the gym is a fucking meat head masterbating in front of the mirror, grunting and shouting shit like "GEEEEEZ I JUST MANAGED TO BENCH 240lb"
>They hog the machines
>Can't go in the mourning cause work
Why can't meat head all be gassed?
>>
>>34937478
What program
>>
Started at a legit powerlifting gym today. I've always been at Gold's, YMCA or some other garbage place like that where a 315 diddly is awe-inducing. These motherfuckers are pulling 5+ pl8 for reps, yelling and throwing chalk about...it was amazing. I worked up to a palsy 275 squat for 1 and felt like a wimp.

I'll get there, though. Being surrounded by guys that strong will, hopefully, get me strong by proxy.
>>
I was gonna stop by the gym today after classes but got scared, I really hate being somewhere that people can/will see me if I do something stupid

Never gonna make it
>>
File: 1432021512558.jpg (210 KB, 633x823) Image search: [Google]
1432021512558.jpg
210 KB, 633x823
>>34937490
I see your gay julius quote and raise you Corinthians 13:11
>>
>>34937507
Yeah, there was a part that looked like you should put your legs there or something, so that's what I did. It was very awkward to bench that way. I pretended my shoulder hurts, moved away and saw how its done when the next guy started using it.
>>34937526
Starting aestetics or something, too content heavy and too many isolations. I fell for the meme senpai
>>
I went to a gym to have a look at it today, /fit/. It's just down the road from me. It was in a huge building but only had a tiny space to work out in, It didn't have enough room for deadlifts, or a place to bench. No aircon either, I don't know if I should join, am I making excuses?
You could pay for a 1 month, 3 month, or a year membership. I'm thinking if I do join I'll only pay by month rather than pay for a year and end up only going for a week then start putting it off.
>>
>>34937874
>cant deadlift
>cant bench
Must be planet fitness
>>
>>34937894
No, it's a small local gym. It's not the best, the area I'm living in is shit, white trash everywhere. I'm living here because I get cheap rent.
>>
>>34937915
Well bro, squats, benchpress, OHP and deadlifts are imo most important exercises. If you cant do 2 of them I would just find another gym.
>>
>>34937996
Would you recommend those lifts to a /firstdayatgym/ beginner?
>>
>>62788264

Stripped 5x5, the best beginner program to date, says those should be mandatory even for beginners
>>
>>34938034
Yeah, just start with freeweights right away and dont waste time on machines. Watch videos on form, start with only barbell and some light weights to get the right posture and youll be golden. Then keep adding weight, and if you cant add keep doing extra reps for a week or two, then add more and restart to 5 reps. Simple.
>>
>>34930697
I go at 5am, try going to a smaller less well known 24-7 gym
>>
Starting out too. I'm too scared to mess with barbells and the squat rack is always being used so I'm just doing the basics (squat, press, deadlift) with dumbbells. Don't think I'm lifting heavy enough but I'd rather not embarrass myself yet.

I don't get demotivated by hot guys. If anything, in addition to being nice eye candy, it's a goal to work towards.
>>
Any NEETS here that go to the gym? I'm NEET, but I have some money in savings. I have a problem with not eating enough though, I don't think I'd be able to aford enough food if ?I start seriously lifting.
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 860x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 860x1200
Felt the same way OP. I realized after a couple of weeks that no one gives a fuck what you're doing unless you're doing something really stupid

Pic related
>>
>>34933630
Yea, that's me. Names Sam, Im a bit autistic but come say hit to me sometime. Make sure to mention you know me from the internet.
>>
File: 1424773336492.jpg (41 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
1424773336492.jpg
41 KB, 395x578
>>34938801
thats genius
>>
If a chick can do more pull ups than you, how do you feel?
>>
>>34939543
Like fucking her desu
>>
>>34930697
My gym is usually empty at 5am. I always to that early to avoid the big crowd (commercial gym, during the day it's crowded with people and finishing your workout without waiting a few times is impossible)
>>
>>34930890
This nigga gets it.
>>
How busy is it at 4:30 am?

I'm thinking not at all
But some greentext story about cops in there commonly at 430 scared me
>>
>>34940429
I just read that one

just go in and find out mang
>>
>>34933941
Have you ever had to cut, or did you get some bf through bulking?
>>
>>34934315
I know a skelly who literally can't get body fat. Started lifting at the same time as me, never cut. A-at least I got mad heart gains doing HIIT.
>>
>>34930627
Mine was about three weeks ago. Shit sucked. The gym was packed and everyone was lifting heavier than me (starting light to learn the lifts). Second time I realized that I don't know these people so i can afford not giving a fuck and just doing my thing. Indifference is king
>>
>>34937523
Get the fuck out
>>
>>34930658
I thought I was the only one. I worked out exclusively after midnight for a couple weeks until I got comfortable enough to go during the day
>>
>>34941471
No
>>
>>34938801
That's perfect powerlifting form kek
>>
>>34933911
>strength went up by nearly 400%
So you went from squatting the bar to squatting 1½ plate?
>>
>>34937523
why are you even here?

>not gonna make it
>>
>>34942208
Never said I'm not gonna make it, just venting cause it's hard
>>
>>34930627
>Who /firstdayatgym/ here? How'd it go?
I want to but I'm still injured I think.

It's been a year. I have abstained from /fit/ for the majority of my down time. I feel like I don't belong here.
>>
I'm not setting foot in a gym before I can dip with 80lb extra, pull-ups with 60lb extra.

I realise I'll still look like a weak faggot but at least I won't be completely green.
>>
>>34943200
im still doing assisted dips brah. went in late so nobody could see me needing the assist, some pajeet came in and gave me a weird look as if the machine is just there for decoration
>>
The gym was small and empty and I was alone with my best friend.
>>
>>34943289
Did you do lewd things to each other?
>>
>>34943321
Yes...
>>
>>34936493
nah man i played soccer before and bike a lot everyday.

im sure my form has much to be desired but i went deep.
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.