[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nightmares make it hard for me to go to sleep. had a dream that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: scary-whale.jpg (346 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
scary-whale.jpg
346 KB, 1200x675
nightmares make it hard for me to go to sleep.

had a dream that i gave my old senile grandma a gun for protection and she shot herself. and i spent the rest of the dream fleeing, only to confront my step dad. steal his new gun that he bought, and shoot him with it.

all and all this is on the light side of nightmares for me. what pill do i take, i really don't wanna see a psychologist. i just don't want to have dreams anymore. any kind at all, ill take that compromise as well.
>>
some people have dreams, but me every night i sleep in a haunted house...
>>
plz guys its 2 am i wanna get at least 8 hr of sleep before i hit the gym
>>
alright ti guess i see you guys, you don't wanna help me with my gain. i guess ill have to go HAM and use my nightmares as fuel in the gym and make the gym a haunted house for weights
>>
i don't even like scary movies but ok ill sit through 8 more hours of this shit
>>
>>34929204
1- Don't take zinc magnesium or multivitamin before you go to sleep

2- if you wake up don't go for that 5 more minutes of sleep (snooze)

3- sleep less, you're getting too much sleep

Med fag here it's all about the r.e.m
>>
Who /luciddream/ here?
>>
>>34929625
Literally stupidest advice ever. He didn't come here saying he was sleeping 16 hours every day he said he was having trouble getting to sleep and had nightmares. Sleeping less is not the answer you fucking moron.
>>
>>34929625

And people wonder why we question medfags. Fuck off you idiot.
>>
>>34929204
Smoke weed
No dreams
??????????
Profit
>>
>>34929678
You ALWAYS DREAM
You remember the dreams that are in deep R.E.M sleep, by sleeping less he avoids that state, he is probably getting 8-9 hours of sleep when he needs 6-7,

For a minorty of people 5 hours is enough for some they need 9
>>
>>34929204
We'll your dreams usually have something to do with real life problems, so sort your fucking shit out or just take over the counter sleeping pills. They never gave me dreams when I took them
>>
>>34929204
Can anyone help me with my sleep paralysis problem?

I never used to get SP before I read bout it. Read about it once and started having it every night. This sounds cringey but if my back doesn't face the wall, I feel paranoid and get SP.

I never hallucinate or see shit, just a ringing noise in my ears. The worst bit is expecting to see something and trying to move before I do.

I do have a little tip though - try moving your toes. It usually triggers your body out of paralysis.
>>
File: 1447622532317.webm (3 MB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
1447622532317.webm
3 MB, 683x384
I had a dream last night about using the picture captcha. That's all I remember. I think I need to detox from 4chan for a while.
>>
>>34929962
I get this when I'm stressed for some reason.
same as you, no scary monsters or old witches trying to strangle me, just ringing in my ears and complete paralysis.

pro tip try holding your breath.
>>
>>34930111
>pro tip try holding your breath.
Thanks man. I can see how that might help
>>
File: nightmare snuggles.gif (1009 KB, 251x217) Image search: [Google]
nightmare snuggles.gif
1009 KB, 251x217
>>34929204
No worries anon. I'll cuddle the baddies away.
N-no homo.
>>
>>34929204
Trazodone, greatly improves sleep architecture and turns your nightmares into very enjoyable dreams. It's also an anti depressant. I'm taking it right now.

You have to go to a doctor to get them though.
>>
I have this somewhat-recurring nightmare that's always extremely similar with slightly different details.

It's the end of the semester and I'm looking on blackboard at something and see a class that I forgot I had that I went to like once at the beginning of the semester and then forgot about so I didn't do any of the work or take the tests and I have to scramble to try and figure out how the fuck to fix the issue.

Anyone else ever have dreams like that?
>>
Funny thing, I used to dream a lot about falling and jolting awake, until one day I fucking flew.

Then it just stopped happening, never had those dreams anymore.
>>
>>34929204
>>34929701

This to be honest. When I started smoking daily, especially near bed time, my dreams became way less frequent.
>>
>>34931442
I get opposite. Weed gives me horrible nightmares.
>>
>>34929974
Is that the new Fallout?
>>
>>34929625
But I have constant nightmares and I barely sleep. Pls respond.
>>
>>34931648
yes
>>
>>34931750
analyze your own nightmares. Try so find put what triggers them and why you're so restless.
meditation music when you sleep and when you're preparing to go to sleep.
No big meals before bedtime.
No caffein. it makes nightmares worse.
You have to go to the doctor for proper meds. Try to solve this without it. most sleeping meds don't work in the long run and will make you sluggish during the day.
>>
DHT supplement helps you control your dreams including nightmares, it kinda makes you lucid dream after a month and lets you get past your fears. Also reduces anxiety its pretty cheap. It works for me from my afghan nightmares and a lot of my buds say it helps.
>>
Do you guys have that shit when you are in a really horrible and scary night mare and suddendly realize that you are dreaming and need to wake up real fast to escape the scary dream?

Then, with all my willpower i can slowly open up my eyes, eyelids seriously feel like they weigh tons at that moment but after a few seconds I manage to full open my eyes and become awake.

It's interesting every time it happens how hard the struggle to open those eyes is.
>>
>>34931442
Don't go ona T break, you'll have really vivid nightmares.
>>
>>34929756
just recently started sleeping less after months of 11-12 hours of sleep and being constantly sleepy.

it helps senpai i now make sure i only get 9-10 hours
>>
>>34932757
I take time off occasionally. Last month I didn't smoke for about a week and my dreams came back right away. No nightmares, but they were cool, vivid dreams. I love waking up after an intense dream. Reduced dreams is really the only downside to smoking imo.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.