[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Sleep no gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cant-sleep.jpg (64 KB, 586x390) Image search: [Google]
cant-sleep.jpg
64 KB, 586x390
Hey /fit/ I've been lifting for about 1 year now and noticed my babylifts beginning to plateau. At first I was convinced it was just the end of my noob gains, but I'm beginning to think lack of sleep could be the answer. I always try to fix my sleeping schedule but end up staying up all night instead because shitty willpower.

How important is sleep and how long is necessary?
>>
>>34929110

y'all mother fuckers like video games so much, how are dreams any different?
>>
>>34929110
Sleep is important but the get 8 hours of perfect sleep meme is exaggerated. Just sleep when you're tired. If you constantly stay up all night you're just going to function shittier in general though.
>>
Everyone will tell you it's super important and you need 8 hours of sleep but no one will be able to back it up with any kind of scientific evidence proving that you need a certain amount of hours for optimal strength/hypertrophy gains.

Enjoy your shitstorm of a thread incoming.
>>
Personally I can't not get at least 7 hours while lifting without feeling like shit but some people seem to get away with 5-6. iirc they identified some genes that are associated with needing less sleep, or at least functioning better with less sleep.
>>
>>34929110
>How important is sleep
Very. Personally, I think it's as important as diet/nutrition.

>how long is necessary
Completely individual. Rule of thumb is that
if you need an alarm to wake you up, you most likely need more sleep.
>>
>>34929126
it's 2 am and i cant sleep. i was actually suppose to be in bed a cfew hours ago... but i know that i wont be able to

my problem is that when i am laying down, so many things race through my mind and i cant stop thinking. i have to be dead ass tired in order to sleep and thats usually around 4 or 5 am damn it. i have to be by 10 or i am fucked.

can you guys please, help?
>>
>>34929133
This actually. REM is the only thing we know that you actualy need, Polyphasic sleep might be your ticket. I don't have the will but I think sleeping 2hrs total in 15min naps is like becoming god.
>>
>>34929182
I have the exact same problem. Lowering the room temperature 30minutes before I go to sleep has helped. If I can't sleep after some time I get up and just sit in the dark living room for a few minutes until my mind is cleared and I get tired.
>>
>>34929182
babby lost his bedtime and now has developed "tumblr insomnia" i.e. his sleeping pattern has simply shifted several hours.

wake up at 7.00 every day no matter how long you slept. do this for two weeks. you are now cured

bonus points:
- dont nap
- dont sit on the computer all evening
- dont work out too close to bed time
>>
File: 1447606035441.jpg (326 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447606035441.jpg
326 KB, 2400x1600
>>34929110
Stats?Maybe you lift more than you think and fit made you delusional
>>
>>34929182
Lmao man,I started doing just like you.

>go to sleep at 4 am
>then 5
>then 6
>keep going till I start going to sleep at 10am
>start waking up at 7pm
>its ruining my life,gym schedule etc
>decide to not sleep for a day and reset myself
>do it
>try to sleep at 10pm after a day of no sleep
>have terrible anxiety attack
>almost 40h of no sleep,suffering because Icant sleep
>manage to sleep
>depressed,shit starts to happen every night
>have to move on with my parents for 3 weeks because idk what to do

Careful mate,I doubt it will happen to you too,but I used the same argument about having to be really tired to sleep because I thought about too much shit when I tried to sleep.

Maybe it means that you are not happy or comfortable with whats going on in your life just like I wasnt.

If thats the case start doing something about it or it will fuck you up.
>>
>>34929182
>it's 2 am and i cant sleep
Well get off the computer/phone for one.
>>
>>34929244
This, set an alarm for 6am every single day. After 2 weeks see if you can get past 10pm. Wake up the same time every damn day and you'll find the sleep part fixes itself.

How do you people have the will power to workout so often but unable to muster up any will power for the rest of your life? You either do it all or do none of it.
>>
>>34929203
Growth hormone during deep sleep
>>
>>34929110
Just go to bed?

your question is retarded

>Guys please help I wanna be fit but i cant seem to find the way to the gym??
>>
>>34929110
just like close your eyes nigga
>>
>>34929174

Dude, if i dont have an alarm i can easily sleep around 10 or even 12 hours.

And how the fuck do you guys stay up all nights? Dont any of you have jobs? I go to sleep at 11pm at least, usually about 30minutes earlier, and i get up at 6am, and thats so i can get to my job in time. So if you fuckers want to force yourself into a decent sleeping schedule, get a job, and lift when you get home, like i do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.