[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get 3-5 hours of sleep a night. What are the long term effects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
I get 3-5 hours of sleep a night.
What are the long term effects of doing this?
>>
death
>>
recovery from your workouts could be compromised.
>>
>>34924289
Becoming a wreck of a human being, followed by an early death.
>>
File: 1447193473936.jpg (266 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1447193473936.jpg
266 KB, 960x960
>>34924301
Well yeah thats the long term effect of anything
>>
dunno, I've been sleeping 5-6 hours for some time, it really gives me much more time
>>
u will never make it
>>
Disease , heart attack
>>
I also use a lot of prescription stimulants
I can feel myself deteriorating mentally, I'm not who I used to be. Some nights I get 2 hours of sleep, for 3 nights in a row. I'm scared /fit/
>>
>>34924336
death
>>
>>34924311
It significantly damages your body, reduces your quality of life, and if you're really unlucky you'll have a stroke, but it won't kill you, so you'll spend what remains of your life handicapped.

It also fucks with your metabolism, so have fun having shit muscles and getting fatter and fatter as your body tries to replace sleep by eating more.
>>
>>34924336
Go to bed.
>>
>>34924359
I can't, I think I am addicted to media and the internet. I know I am I just can't figure out how to break out of it.
>>
Have a sleep study done desu senpai
Unless you're poor and can't afford it.
>>
File: sleep.jpg (595 KB, 1006x4018) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
595 KB, 1006x4018
Try the polyphasic sleep.
>>
>>34924968
what a crock of shit
>>
>>34924936
Stop watching it.
>>
>>34925004
>stop being addicted to something
>>
>>34924289
Basicly you age faster. Your body and mind will slowly go. It is not reversable.

Basicly op don't be a fucktard
>>
>>34924336
>Takes stimulants
>Wonders why he cannot go to sleep
You dumb?
>>
>>34924936
As with all addictions you either go cold turkey (unlikely with internet), or learn moderation. Something like no Internet after 9. Bed at 10.

If you cannot do that seek help, it is that serious.
>>
>>34924968
I've heard about this before - just taking short naps with no actual sleeping. I think Seinfeld did an episode about it actually.

I actually sleep six to seven hours most nights and typically take a nap in the afternoon (30 minutes to an hour)... So I guess I'm using the sista method. It works really well for me desu. I doubt a nap only system would tho.
>>
>>34924968
Fancy infographic with no source of any sort. Yeah no.
>>
>>34924289
kek, reminds me of when i was 14 and perscribed adderall.
Now im perpetually 5'8 while my brother is 6'2 because i slept less than 5 hours a night the nights that i slept. My parents are going to hell.
>>
>>34924968
This is bullshit.
Your body needs at least 6 hours of sleep to repair itself, regardless of whether or not you "feel good"
>>
>>34925522
I'm 5'7 and my brother is 6'0, same situation as you
life is pain
>>
>>34925543
baka senpai
the worst part is that my father lived through the civil war eating bread and boiling paper, yet im only 2 inches taller than him(his father was 6'), he's 5'6, me and him are the shortest in the family by 4 inches at least.
>>
>>34924289
Is that Ash Ketchum?
>>
>>34924289
MD here. You will go insane and die.
>>
>>34924289
I did this for years to get through university. It starts out being uncomfortable, then it starts hurting, then it feels wonderful, then it really starts to suck, then it becomes awesome again, and finally you have a nervous breakdown.
>>
>>34924968
try killing yourself for posting such nonsense
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.