[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sage Advice for New Lifters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1447443485694.gif (998 KB, 410x583) Image search: [Google]
1447443485694.gif
998 KB, 410x583
If you've been lifting for over 2 years you're welcome to post in this thread

Advice for New lifters, well I've been lifting for nearly 3 years now, and I figured I'd give you guys a lowdown on what I've learnt

>Progress takes time

You need to understand that one year lifting is nothing, even two years isn't that much, there's no guarantee you'll be satisfied with your progress after just one year. Keep going. Lifting is a lifestyle, not something you do, get your results, and then stop

>The only three variables you need, Lift, Eat, Sleep

Luckily for you, there's only three things you need to do to gain the most muscle you can, namely train right, eat right and sleep right. Sleeping right is easy to do, get at LEAST 8 hours sleep per night

In terms of training, follow a strength routine with hypertrophy accessories, and include the following lifts: Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Dips, Pull ups, Strict Rows and OHP.

These lifts are literally all you need to build a balanced physique. A routine I'd recommend for beginners is either the Sheiko beginner routine or SS

In terms of diet, understand that if you don't want enough, you won't gain muscle. Simple as that. Hit your caloric requirements and protein needed (gram per lb) as a must. Understand that a long slow bulk and a long slow cut will ALWAYS grant better results than rushing things

>Lifting and Girls

Lifting alone won't get you girls, once you get to the point where you lift for yourself you can focus on your social skills to get girls. How do you get girls? It's just as simple as talking to them, having a proper conversation and asking them out. It's really not rocket science

Hope you guys found this advice helpful
>>
there is already a sticky sorry senpai
>>
File: 1447041841385.jpg (297 KB, 1460x1460) Image search: [Google]
1447041841385.jpg
297 KB, 1460x1460
>>34924127

>implying newfags read the sticky
>>
>>34924108
>sleep right.
prove that sleep is necessary for strength/hypertrophy gains with scientific research
>>
I've lifted for 6 months but recently depression has come back and it's hard for me to stay focused. I used to lift 3 times a week and love every rep of it; now I go just once or twice and have to force out the repitions. Anyone got any tips for this? I don't want to lose my gains, and I want to find the joy of lifting again.
>>
File: 1447613579885.gif (1 MB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1447613579885.gif
1 MB, 277x300
>>34924170

>sleep is literally the period of time when protein synthesis occurs
>he thinks it's anything other than crucial to gains
>>
>>34924184

Keep at it mane, the goal is to make gym something you look forward to
>>
>>34924202
I said with scientific evidence
>>
>>34924108
>Strict Rows and OHP.

Beginner here, what the fuck are these anyway?

Also, do you guys not do shit like curls anymore?
>>
File: markymark.jpg (40 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
markymark.jpg
40 KB, 300x292
>>34925534
>not doing the press
kek
>>
>>34925554

bench press? yea i plan to. i just didnt know what those two things were
>>
So I'm going to be cutting soon and right now I'm doing a PPL. Is it more beneficial to do a full body workout to maintain my strength as much as possible or should I just keep doing my PPL but lower the volume?
>>
>>34924445
you are moron.
>>
Is greyskull any good? I bought some microweights. Feels weird taking them to the gym.
>>
If I do mixed grip on my deads, do I need to switch the grip after each set?
>>
>>34924108
Been lifting for 8 years and what I've learned is you lift for girls then you don't then you do again
>>
>>34925557
Um. Is this b8?

I'm taking it anyway.

O v e r H e a d P r e s s
v
e
r

H
e
a
d

P
r
e
s
s
>>
>>34924108
Just want to add that people on the Internet LIE. The guy in cbt that looks fucking great and claim only 6 months training, or 1 year training is either leaving something out, or just straight up lying
>>
>>34925742
this LMAO
>>
Hey OP - I lifted for several years, and then lost all of my weight, ate insufficiently, stopped exercising and overall atrofied for about 2 whole yeras. Now I'm skelly but starting back into it. I keep hearing I'll regain more quickly because I've previously been strong... but will it still be "years" before I'm strong again? Or mb just months?

So eager to be back in the game
>>
I do deadlifts, shrugs and lat pulldown, is it enough or i need other back excercises?
>>
>>34926353
Muscle memory is bretty gud. I got strung out for a year after lifting for two, started back about 2 months ago and I swear you would think I was cheating.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.