[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does wall climbing alone makes for good muscle composition aesthetics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: A2-rock-climber.jpg (413 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
A2-rock-climber.jpg
413 KB, 1620x1080
Does wall climbing alone makes for good muscle composition aesthetics?
>>
No. I've been climbing for 1.5 years and am still a skelly
>>
Functional strength only brah. No visible gains.
>>
It gives you great tendon strength in your forearms, arms, and slightly improves the stability of your shoulders.

I won't say that it improves your flexibility, but a good climber will develop their own flexibility.

Obviously, it will develop the upper back and your affinity for pull motions.

Climbing exercises will give you a decent forearm pump, but won't give them noticeable hypertrophy unless you do a lot of accessory training for climbing. Many climbers have relatively normal sized forearms because they are so small.

Your grip strength from climbing has little carryover to deadlift.

Your functional grip strength will greatly improve if it was weak before.
>>
I climb on my off days from the real gym and all the faggots I climb with are dyel as fuck cause they don't eat or lift.

I also do yoga for dat flexibility tho..

Climb v5/6 indoors and like v4 outdoors after a little over a year doing it. Takes non lifters a bit longer usually.

Can do strength oriented problems easily.. Took a while for finger/tendons strength to catch up.

Good forearm gainz if you eat enough.

Also fun to be the hyoogest guy in the gym for once. Climber grills flock and they're all hyper babes so win win.

Also ropes are for pussies unless you're outdoors.
>>
>>34915241
Climber grills are usually degenerate and slut around whatever social circle of guys they're in until they meet an alpha.

Total babes tho, I agree.
>>
>>34914898
>>34915111

>your grip strength from climbing has little carryover to deadlift

I'd disagree with that. I weigh 170lbs and climbing brought my overhand deadlift from 275x3 to 335x5. Max for mixed grip was 366x5
>>
>>34915326
Did you do any other training for climbing that might have affected this?

My gym heavily favored crimps, and I did a lot of crimp intensive routes, so maybe my experience was affected
>>
>>34914977
maybe because you're still a little bitch
>>
>>34915355
>Did you do any other training for climbing that might have affected this?

I never did any special exercises for climbing. When I first started out all I did was top rope, then progressively added in bouldering as the months went on. I noticed that bouldering really added a lot of hand strength compared to the top rope routes I would do. Top rope felt like it really hit my forearms and after a bunch of 11a-11b they'd be full of pump and I wouldn't be able to close my hands anymore. Bouldering on the other hand would thrash my hands and they'd be raw from the palm to my fingertips after a couple hours.

One thing I noticed is that I don't use chalk anymore when I climb. Not sure if this handicap helps develop hand strength more though.

As for the crimps, I'd say my gym has a decent mix, but I usually avoid crimps unless I'm sure I'm not going to injure myself. I've injured my a2 on my ring finger for both of my hands by doing some stupid dyno reach for a crimp. If anything has increased my grip strength, it was probably the hanging from the ceiling jugs + doing a lot of slopers/pinches.
>>
>>34915241
what's your gym routine looking like? Hurt my shoulder at a climbing comp the other week and looking into some routines to work my antagonists.
>>
>>34914898
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQKRcWRjQbs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.