[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any risk in eating tuna multiple times a week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: tuna_blackfin.png (250 KB, 720x325) Image search: [Google]
tuna_blackfin.png
250 KB, 720x325
Is there any risk in eating tuna multiple times a week?
>>
Bumpero
>>
>>34914818
No.
/thread
next question?
>>
>>34916327
What is mercury
>>
>>34916366
Lol retard,
A. you'll never get mercury poisoning eating over the counter tuna. If that were true, we'd have an epidemic of bodybuilders and college students with mercury poisoning.
B. If you could get mercury poisoning, you better hope to god you get it. You have any idea how much you could sue a tuna company if you got mercury eating their shit?
Do you realize if mercury poisoning from tuna was even a happening in .0000000001% of cases, tuna companies would basically have to shutdown because of lawsuits?
How fucking stupid are you?
Seriously kill yourself.
""There are no confirmed cases of adverse effects from methylmercury in commercial fish in the United States," says Stephanie Kwisnek, an FDA spokeswoman."
>>
>>34914818
Been eating 2 cans a day for over 3 months and haven't died yet
>>
>>34916399
>>34916366
Also ill just scale back and actually explain a bit of the science to you anyway, so in my intial post i was making fun of you because obviously you should be able to rationalize why it isnt a big deal even without knowing the science.
That being said
Here is the actual science of why its not a big fucking deal.
Google and read this paper
Sherlock et al., 1984.
To paraphrase, yes Tuna has methylmercury, and yes ingesting it does raise levels in the body, but there is a hard cap, eventually your body becomes saturated and it wont go any higher and for a normal human being that saturation point is well below the level that it takes for mercury to have a negative affect.
Negative affects from mercury happen from acute exposure of high levels, not chronic exposure to very low levels.
If you were pregnant or a child, it would be an issue.
>>
>>34916442
>Tells someone to kill themselves over concerns over mercury
>Explains in detail why they shouldn't worry

You are one bipolar /fit/izen
>>
>>34914818
There is a risk of ALL THESE GAINZ!!!!
>>
File: 111205_tuna_ap_328.jpg (1 MB, 1607x871) Image search: [Google]
111205_tuna_ap_328.jpg
1 MB, 1607x871
There is a risk in eating tuna.

Mercury and other crap accumulate within the tuna's body over time. Tunas can grow up to 3 meters long and live for 5-30 years depending on which specie.

The general rule with fish, is try to avoid the big ones. Salmon, Pangasius, Sole and etc are all good.

Just don't eat tuna, sharks, whales n' shit
>>
>>34916442
Oh boy its tuna time. I havnt eaten it u. A while. Does it still stink when you open the can?
>>
>>34916442
I'm trying to maintain a very healthy system for my tapeworm. Is there a chance the mercury would be as harmful and damaging to my belly mate?
>>
>>34914818

just eat some other fish on your other days dude.

fish lower on the fod chain have less mercury
>>
File: faggot1.jpg (7 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
faggot1.jpg
7 KB, 249x202
>>34916527
>anon taking "kill yourself" seriously
>being on 4chan
The whole point was you dont even need to know the science, you should just logically be able to understand that if people could possibly get sick from eating tuna, then at least one person would purposely eat the fuck outa some tuna just so they could sue a large multinational.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.