[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: physical-warm-up.jpg (68 KB, 567x491) Image search: [Google]
physical-warm-up.jpg
68 KB, 567x491
Hey I was wondering why we need to warm up and stretch before exercise. I don't see any advantage so to me it seems useless.. Many times when I'm at school I "skip" the warming up and I still do the next exercises as well as everyone else does, or even better because I'm not tired from the warming up.

I tried to ask this on /sci/ but some people advised me that I should also attemp to ask on /fit/ so that's what I am doing.

I hope anyone can give me a good explanation to this, instead of saying "you should because most people do it" or something like that.
If possible, a "scientific explanation" (that's why I tried on /sci/ first).

Also, after some research, about 80% of the sources I found said that stretching was actually bad in most cases.
Still nothing for warming up though so please help if you can.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>34911119
Sticky.
>>
>>34911119
>I'm at school
This b8

When you are young stretching/warm ups doesn't seem like it does anything but as you get older, around when you leave school, stretching/warm ups help prevent injuries
>>
I don't warm up as in stretching but I do a lot of warm up sets it all depends on your mobility and what you need
>>
>>34911255
Always warm up. Most of dudes at my uni gym stretch post session. But every single one of them warms up before ANY kind of hard sessions. I'm no scientist but as far as I know it prepares your muscles for strain. Something with the body sending extra blood (the pump) to help the muscles. A light warm up just to get the blood moving and where it needs to be is beyond beneficial. If you don't believe do an experiment. For 2 weeks don't warm up. The warm up the following 2. You will be amazed at the difference senpai
>>
>>34911283
Thank you for your answer. By far the most helpful one.
As for the experiment, it's a good idea, so I shall do it.
>>
Warm ups are good because they help with your form when you're on your working sets and they make your joints wet.

You don't want to do working sets with dry joints. That's a one way ticket to snap city.
>>
>>34911255
underageb&
>>
>>34911283
I stretch between my warm up and working sets. Everything feels tight and sore if i dont
>>34911255
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/stretching/art-20047931
Also the sticky has foam rolling in it which is a different form of streching to the typical stretching. There is a difference between dynamic and static stretching and I can't remember which one is better than the other
>>
>>34911377
You still play games for "+18" even if you are not. The same applies for movies. Or any other thing.
I think I'm "mentally old enough" for 4chan to be honest.

(aka pls don't tell anyone)
>>
>>34911392
Everyone is different but generally most people respond to a post workout stretch at >18 I personally do a stretch before and after but all my joints are kinda fucked and my mobility is bare minimum required to lift. So I need it as much as I can otherwise I'm tight all day. Like I'm wearing toddler clothes
>>
>>34911119
If you put a rubberband in the freezer and then put a load on it it will snap.

If you stretch it, it won't hold the load.

If you warm it up it will work fine.

Literally the same principle
i
t
e
r

a
l
l
y

Now this is the most important thing I can say to you at your age: get off of 4chan. 95% of the people here and 99% of the posters have no idea what they are talking about. This entire site is cancer. It's too late for me, but you still have time.
>>
>>34911451
/thread
>>
>>34911456
>/4chan
FTfY
>>
>>34911451
That was a great example! Thank you very much.
As for leaving 4chan, I must say that I had heard about it before but I only "got into it" during a time when I was so bored I litterally had nothing better to do than to stare at a wall. Then I found 4chan which really helped to keep me entertained with something. I agree, I find many people here weird, but still, if I were to leave 4chan I think I would get bored and "empty" again, unless I could find anything to replace 4chan. But can anything replace 4chan once you get into it?
>>
I used to be like that until I pulled my butt
>>
>>34911605
Anything is better than 4chan. Make friends, take up hobbies, read books. /fit/ is one of the less cancerous boards. If you get pulled into things like /b/ / or /pol/ then god help you
>>
>>34911451
/site
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.