[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go without drinking and still have a social life? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
How do I go without drinking and still have a social life? How much drinking can I get away with before it seriously kills my gains?

>tfw we live in a hedonistic world where not taking poison to make you lose control of yourself and fuck your body up is seen as antisocial
>>
>>34908016
>having a social life

I bet you have facebook too you fucking cunt
>>
just slowly drink a few beers throughout the night. nobody cares how much you drink anyway.
>>
I drink few beers on saturday, lift mon/wed/fri, no impact at all afaik. Just keep your kalories in check and have a good rest aftewards.
>>
Get new friends.

Once you do this, you'll quickly realize how boring your friends are when drinking is your only group activity.
>>
>>34908070
>>34908086
I only ever drink vodka because I don't particularly enjoy the taste of any alcohol and it's the most efficient way to do get drunk without extra calories.
>>
>>34908124
Do as >>34908070 said. Don't get drunk. Your gains will thank you.
>>
>>34908124
my lil bro used to drink vodka, he did that for a few years and had little to no body fat, then again he was drinking a handle or more a night... I once saw him drink 3/4 of a handle in about 30 minutes without even trying. He doesnt drink anymore though.
>>
>>34908114
ayy

that's why i dropped all my friends because I realized we were only friends since we went to the same high school, social events, drank / did drugs + partied. once i stopped drinking less and doing drugs, the realization that you never even hung out with them outside of partying and getting fucked up hits you and you have nothing in common whatsoever.
>>
>>34909196
And now you don't have any friends at all. Great deal.
>>
>>34909218
i actually moved 300 miles away to a different uni, have new friends with common interests and a gf so things are pretty rad.
>>
>>34908030
keked
>>
>>34909237
>i actually moved 300 miles away to a different uni

So you didn't drop your friends because
>I realized we were only friends since we went to the same high school, social events, drank / did drugs + partied
You had to drop them because you moved away. Stop posting shit my little friend
>>
>>34909256
lol. i dropped them then stopped going out for a year or so and became a loner like you. got my AA then transferred to get out of the city.

don't be so bitter because you're still a NEET
>>
Drinking alcohol isn't really THAT bad. The reason why you shouldn't drink is that you usually miss out on workouts after drinking, you get dehydrated and you usually eat shit for 48 hours after.
If you keep it down to a couple of beers, and remember to drink water and stay on your diet you should be fine
>>
>>34908016
I quit drinking 3 years ago because I realized I had a problem with it. Haven't had a social life since. Haven't had a date since.

I keep telling myself this is better.
>>
File: last ned.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
last ned.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>tfw u dont even have friends even though you drink accationally
>>
Drinking is awesome. Listen to what this guy says >>34909406 minus the part about a "few" beers. Get shit faced and hit on girls with your friends. Drink enough water and you'll have no hangover.
>>
>>34910105
I quit drinking because my dumbass blacked out at a party, crashed into a tree while naked and I got away with only a reckless driving because DUI officers weren't available at the scene being that they were too busy since it was Halloween.

That was years ago and my social life has progressed very well. Have had more dates than I can imagine and now have a gf. Socializing doesn't have to involve drinking. The friends you make doesn't need to be through drinking. You can date without having to drink.

It does get better, anon.
>>
You can get wasted once a week
>>
>>34912046
Tips on meeting women? Good non-bar places? I'm an actual retard when it comes to cold approach and if my acquaintances were interested in setting me up they would have done so within the last 34 years.

I don't mind if my partner drinks it really is not an issue for me to be around it. I would actually feel offended and coddled if someone was embarrassed or felt it taboo to drink around me.
>>
Be the DD, everyone will love you for it and want to take you out more.
>>
>>34912310
>34 years

Well, I'm a young'n so I don't think my advice would coincide with what you seek.
>>
>>34912427
so give your tips for some1 young?
>>
>>34912427
Ah the special young people places for under 34 year olds
>>
File: fedora107.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora107.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>34908016
>we live in a hedonistic world where not taking poison to make you lose control of yourself and fuck your body up is seen as antisocial
>>
>>34908016
>>34912310

Ex-alcoholic here, don't be this guy >>34910105

It really depends on how active you are in things outside of your home. Start looking into hobbies and practices that take you outside. For myself, I write and draw/paint a lot, so I'll often be either at a park (for drawing/painting) or at a coffee shop writing on my laptop.

You'll wanna choose a spot with some people around you. Do whatever hobby it is you pick up, and just start talking to people sitting around you. Bear in mind, there's a balance to it since obviously not everyone is there to talk or make friends.

I dunno, just get inventive. Be a self-starter and go for it. If there was one thing sobriety taught me with social skills, it was to just smile and be nice to people. People simply respond to that.
>>
Just for a different view here, i have been drinking a large amount almost every night for a few years. Before anyone gives me a lecture, yes i am aware this can kill me and i have a problem. I do however take a month off of drinking a couple times a year to allow my liver to heal. It can heal from 50 to 100 percent in one month. Anyways. I have been lifting over 2 years now and i have seen significant gains the whole time. I might have been stronger if i hadnt drank, but for the sake of this thread, no, alchohol does not kill gains

Tldr
Alchohol does not kill gains.
>>
>>34908016
>you have to drink until you're completely wasted
what's it like being 17?
>>
Or just don't be a speglord and feel you have to drink to go out or fit in go out get a water with a lemon or lime wedge if you're insecure enough to have to have something in your hand or get one alcohol of your choice and nurse it all night
>>
>>34909237
Nice. Exactly what I want to do.
>>
anon
you don't drink the poison to get social
you drink the poison because society is shit

fuck it. just go commit suicide.there is no reason in living at all
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.